[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Changing flights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: ba.jpg (11KB, 300x205px) Image search: [Google]
ba.jpg
11KB, 300x205px
Have any of you had any luck convincing your airline to change the dates on your ticket without paying any insane fees?

I admittedly jumped the gun and got a decently priced ticket from BA, but i wanted to make a slight adjustment to the dates. I have an unflexible ticket of course and I understand their policies on that which is why i haven't bothered calling them wasting their time, but it's so insane to charge almost $300 + any changes in flight price for a small change. Especially when i think about 15% of people don't show up for their flights.

Have any of you had any luck with your airline being able to change your tickets without paying any ridiculous fees?
>>
>>1170808
Only with flight insurance reimbursing the change fees or for a higher class ticket, or a preferred flier
>>
>>1170808
Missed a flight once; got a seat on the next day's flight for a lot less than $300. $100-something.

It was a work trip, which required me to book the cheapest refundable ticket available, though. So that may be the difference.
>>
I just cancelled a trip to DC on friday on account of the hurricane, rescheduled the plane and hotel for January, no issues because of the natural disaster

I did have an issue once coming back from Europe, I wasn't a citizen yet and I didn't take my green card with me because immigration had given me a travel document and they said it was all I needed, so I got stopped by the NSA and interrogated which caused me to miss my flight by literally minutes

I talked to delta, they gave me the "nothing I can do" spiel but I got mad and showed them I had insurance on my ticket so eventually they caved and booked me for a flight the next morning, I just had to sleep at JFK, which was a bitch and a half
>>
>>1170965
Cheapest tickets average about $300 change fee, and $150 cancellation fee. Those economy saver tickets and such, or whatever the cheapest classes of tickets are.
>>
Jetblue blueflex is pretty good
>>
No problems with KLM, 0 fees. Changed my flights one day after booking however
>>
>>1170808
airline employee here. Be polite and tell us a sob story. Keep in mind that most res employees may not be allowed to waive a fee.
>>
>>1171206
Oh. one more thing. It takes about 3 minutes to change the name on an airline ticket. Many airlines prohibit this in the name of "security" but it has nothing to due with 9-11. Its to prevent fraud.

It gets more complicated with interline itineraries, but it absolutely can be done without a hassle.

Also, it takes about 1 minute to change a flight date. It's easy as shit actually, but airlines are dependent on fees to stay in the black, so waiving fees is tough. (and depending who your talking to, impossible. Airlines employees have certain permissions built into their reservation software log-ins. The average agent might not even have the ability to waive a change fee while exchanging a ticket.)

Oh well, goodluck OP! Sorry I couldnt help you.
>>
>>1171031
Right, but mine wasn't the cheapest ticket overall, it was the cheapest *fully refundable* fare, which I assume is a different class. Or maybe the ticketing agent just felt sorry for the dude who showed up at her desk, sweaty and panting, ten minutes after the boarding doors had closed. Oh, and I had meager status with the airline, too (Star Alliance Gold). But I know I paid a lot less than $300.
>>
>>1171029
>I just cancelled a trip to DC on friday on account of the hurricane

You do realize that was mainly Floridas problem?
>>
>>1171206
>>1171284
No, thank you, that helps a lot actually.

Thanks everyone else for responding.
>>
>>1172002
Couple more things. Most res agents are salty as fuck. If it doesnt work, be very polite and call back later. For a major airline chances are slim that you'll get the same agent.

Just stick to your story. We routinely put remarks in peoples records like "extremely rude over the phone" which other agents will see, and not want to help you. (it also somewhat covers the agent's ass if you complain about them.)

I waived a change fee/fare difference for someone today for as little as "being 80, on a pension, and her sister's health was failing faster than the Drs anticipated."
>>
>>1171347
That's where I was flying up from famalam
>>
>>1170808
I tried after the saver price ticket I got for my April trip to Japan dropped $700 on an earlier date that I would have preferred to leave on. When I called in I was told I would have had to pay both the fee and the new fare, since of course I bought the cheapest ticket I could to start with. Live and learn. This was with ANA.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.