[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chernobyl, Ukraine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Chernobyl 1.jpg (176KB, 800x501px) Image search: [Google]
Chernobyl 1.jpg
176KB, 800x501px
Whats up /trv/,
Im thinking for a long time now to do a trip to chernobyl, not the official way tho.
And since im out off the military now, i can finally set vacations how i want again.
I read dozens of blogs from people who managed to get there with a local guide marching days trough the woods.
Some of you guys been there or planning to do and have some info?

Btw after about 6years lurking and posting this is my first thread

Sincerely, german dude
>>
>>1170461
Radiation kills. It's cumulative. Just kicking up dust is stupidly dangerous. Why do you want cancer? Take a daytrip like a normal person.
>>
I took a daytrip. There are also two-day trips available. I don't think any official tours will have days of walking through the woods. Far too risky.
>>
>>1170466
I agree its dangerous, the radiation wont do shit to you if your some days there.
>>1170469
How was the daytrip for you? I heard its even forbidden to sit on the ground.
>>
>>1170472
It was quite humbling. Even though you know what's awaiting, once you see the desolation, it hits you pretty hard. The guides have Geiger detectors with them and make sure to tell you many times to not wander off anywhere. They do this for example by wandering off the road a little bit and then letting everyone hear the detector go crazy with beeps. Or pointing it next to a tree they know have a hotspot.

>radiation wont do shit to you if your some days there.
Please learn about what radioactivity is and why it's dangerous. While the outer exclusion area is pretty safe, the inner exclusion area has plenty of dangerous hotspots.
>>
>>1170478
Sure you have to be careful and take a geiger detector with you to avoid the dangerous areas. Wouldnt walk in there without one.
>>
Ok so here is what we could gather when we were in Ukraine:

The easiest way to do it is to book a tour for around 150€ (two weeks vacation with all expenses cost us around 125€ so thats crazy expensive there...) and you are required to book at least two weeks in advance, because thats how long your permission to go there takes to get through the gears of bureaucracy.
The tours no longer are allowed to go into any of the buildings at all because of an accident where I think a floor collapsed so thats a shame...

The other way to do it is on your own, but its more difficult and you will be the one arguing with the officials about getting the permission. You still need to apply for it at the very least two weeks in advance and its still expensive though as I remember not as much as the tour.
If you have it from what I could tell online you are free to to whatever there (except go to close to the actual power plant and sarcophagus) so it would probably be the way to go.

We didnt do either since we didnt know about the two weeks in advance thing plus the price for the tour wasnt worth it for what we would have gotten.

We also looked into getting into the besieged cities in donbass but the same two weeks are needed for the permission to cross the frontlines...

Also regarding safety questions in prypyat: there are barely any: save for some buildings like the fire station where the hazmat suits are still stored in the basement as well as the forest, a day there is orders of magnitude safer (in terms of radiation dose) than a transatlantic flight, so there is that.
On a tour there is virtually nothing that can happen and if you inform yourself on the hazards, a self guided tour is probably the best thing you can do!
>>
>>1170466
lol no. you're subjected to radiation all the time, the airplane ride to ukraine will give you more radiation than fucking around there for several days
>>
If you also wanna see the old sarcophagus you better hurry cause they'll cover it up this November.
Also, even though they say you are not allowed to enter buildings, you are. Maybe not all, but there will be plenty of buildings to enter. The tour to the Woodpecker even leads above the top of the buildings. Our guide told us the hazmat suite place was sanded up, but they will show you lots of other highly contanimated places and objects. I think I paid like 250 Euros for a two day trip with an overnight stay in Cherno. It's a nice experience, but you have lots of time between bc you drive with a van to everything and sometimes it'll feel rushed; after all you are in a guided group. Take food and drinks with you cause the stuff at the hotel and shop is not good.
>>
>>1170641
>two weeks vacation with all expenses cost us around 125€

How good a vacation set up is that? Is that per person?
>>
>>1170641
>We also looked into getting into the besieged cities in donbass
RealTraveller™ right there.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.