[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Netherlands + Germany

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Sin título.png (464KB, 947x784px) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
464KB, 947x784px
Sup /trv/

I'm planning on doing a 2 week trip, starting in Amsterdam and finishing in Berlin. I will be spending a weekend on Groninga visiting some friends, but other than that my route is up for any changes.

I've initially settled on Hamburg as it's on the way and it sounds like a cool city to visit. However I have never been in either of these countries and I'd love to hear if any of you know any other good spots (both in the Netherlands and Germany) that are easily reachable from my initial plan, or if you even suggest a different route altogether.

About me: 23yo Spaniard. I speak passable German and will be going solo. Interests include Art, architecture, food and nightlife. Not too big on history or WW2 stuff in general.

Also if you have any suggestions on what to do (and where to eat!) in any of these cities they will also be more than welcome ofc.
>>
Are you going by rental car? Parking will be a bitch, I'd honestly recommend you cancel the car and do it by train, but don't know if that's possible. Otherwise look for Park & Ride places, where you can park for cheap and enter the city through public transport.

Regarding Amsterdam; you could fill up 2 weeks if you want to see every museum, but I'd go to the Rijksmuseum for sure, or Stedelijk Museum if you like contemporary art. Nightlife is centered around Leidseplein and Rembrandtplein. Skip the entire Red Light District as it's a shitfest. For food just go to a snackbar and eat random stuff, it's great hangover food. Buy some picked herring from a fish stand, and some stroopwafels from a market. Try some Indonesian food as well, it's delicious.

For other cities/sights, it kinda depends on what you want to see. Close to Amsterdam there are cities like Haarlem and Utrecht, which are great for a daytrip. You could also go to Rotterdam if you want to see a completely different city, as it was bombed to pieces in WW2 and completely rebuilt afterwards, with lots of skyscrapers and funky looking buildings. Also a big art scene I believe. Furthermore you could see Naarden vesting, or typical Dutch towns like Volendam, Marken and Zaanse Schans.

Also if you want a more scenic route to the north, take the A28 highway past the Veluwe.
>>
>>1170408
+1 for Groningen, my hometown.
What are you going to do here?
Need tips, or not since you're with friends anyway?
>>
>>1170436
Nope, I will be doing it all by train/bus. Rotterdam definetly looks cool and so does Utrech so I'll stop by any of them if I have the time.

I was thinking about spending 3-4 days in Amsterdam, including a daytrip maybe. I know it's not nearly enough to see all it has to offer but you reckon it will be fair enough?

I was already pumped to go to the Rijksmuseum so it's cool to see it recommended. About the nightlife, will it be very dead during the weekdays? As I said I'm planning to move it to Groninga for the weekend, but would still like to go out at least once in Amsterdam.

>>1170439
I did expect my pals to show me around Groeningen and Berlin but I'll take any advice you can give me, specially coming from a local!

Thanks for the replies guys!
>>
>>1170454
Go out during weekdays in Groningen. In the weekend the city/nightlife is filled with disgusting farmers who only want to fight
>>
>>1170454
Ah that's good then. Check 9292.nl and ns.nl for public transport routes/tickets. You can also take Flixbus I believe.
Nightlife in Amsterdam won't be totally dead during the weekdays, but only a select number of clubs will be open. On thursday there's student night, with lots of nightlife going on.
>>
>>1170454
Same guy as >>1170439 here. It all depends on what you want. Bars like De Koffer and De Toeter have the best craft beer collections. Think 300 to 400 kinds. De Toeter also has a great whisky collection. I think 350 single malts or so. I'm more of a bar guy myself, getting too old for clubbing. But there's plenty for everybody. Pintelier is also a good bar.

If you're into modern art, check the Groninger Museum. Google it and see if they have anything that suits you.

For architecture, just walk around. Plenty to see. If you want you can go to the tourist office at Grote Markt and book a guided walking tour or a route for a guideless tour. The Hofjestour is fun, going through all kinds of small courtyards. At least pop into the Pepergasthuis courtyard. Nice and tranquill. The Maritnitorn is our big iconic church tower. Climb it. Also walk around in it's garden.

For food, I'd recommend Voila or Eetcafe Schuitendiep for actual great cuisine with good wines. The best burgers in town are at The Dog's Bollocks while it's partner Mr Mofongo also has afforable things. For traditional Dutch stuff go to Pannenkoekschip (a boat) for Dutch pancakes, Roezemoes for traditional stamppot, or just get a fresh stroopwafel at the Grote Markt. There's a Poffertjes stand there also. And maybe get some kroketten from the FEBO wall.
>>
>>1170408
Germanfag here. Nice route, I tend to avoid Berlin though, in my opinion it's a hipstery shithole full of pretentious douchebags, Hamburg is beautiful as fuck though and people there are great. Have a great trip anon
>>
File: 301051_xgaplus.jpg (256KB, 1152x769px) Image search: [Google]
301051_xgaplus.jpg
256KB, 1152x769px
>>1170408
Change the route a bit. Driving through Flevoland is the most boring part of the netherlands. Pic related, its all youre going to see

Go Amsterdam -> Hilversum -> Harderwijk -> Zwolle -> Groningen
>>
Dutchfag as well (living in Rotterdam).
I think most of the route is easily accessible by train. Check "ns korting dagkaart" (train daycard special sale) online. They often sell free day train cards for like 12 euros at Kruitvat or Blokker. As for instance a one way ticket from Amsterdam to Rotterdam costs the same, its a lot cheaper when you use the train alot for one day.
In the Randstad, which is the area between Amsterdam and Rotterdam, there's multiple cities worth visiting. Delft, leiden and perhaps Den Haag are worthwhile. But those cities are all historical. Rotterdam is different and kinda new with some modern architecture. See for yourself what you like.
Have fun.
>>
>>1170680
A lot of Dutch people don't realize that foreign people thing this is amazing.
>>
Pic related is a map with some of the best places to eat in Berlin. Try Babel, it's fucking cumworthy.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.