[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prague-Vienna-Budapest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: prague.jpg (55KB, 541x274px) Image search: [Google]
prague.jpg
55KB, 541x274px
Greetings all,

Looking to take a trip including these three cities. The plan so far would be to fly in to Prague, and then use train to travel to Vienna and then on to Budapest. I would spend about 5 days in each city, and fly out of Budapest.

Just wondering if anyone had any insight into these places, or had any insight on things I might be missing or not thinking about. I appreciate any and all feedback.
>>
Bumping for interest in Budapest
>>
>>1170370
benn in 2/3 cities. 5 days is a lot for each one. you might consider going somewhere else and cutting 1-2 days for each city. maybe Cesky Krumlov
>>
>>1170405
>>1170405
It looks pretty nice. I've also considered Bratislava as well, have you ever been there?
>>
>>1170412
If you go to Budapest and Prague Bratislava will be nothing but a dissapointment to you. Together with Wien they are the best places to visit in that area of 500km
>>
>>1170415
I see. I've heard people also claiming Vienna was overrated? Is that true or just hearsay
>>
>>1170444
Not him, but for me it kinda was.
Very chill with lots of parks and decent historical places to see, but nothing terribly exciting.
>>
>>1170370
I've been to Prague and Vienna. I loved both cities, although I'm from North America and don't travel very much (read: I am an easily impressed tourist).

Vienna is one of my favourite cities. I liked all the museums and parks and stuff, and I also enjoyed the Spanish Riding School. If you like museums, there are a lot of them. One of my enduring regrets is not having gone to see the Vienna Philharmonic.

My hostel in Vienna was about a half hour walk from the historic city centre. Outside of the ring road, it just seems like a North American city, although their transit is much better than my home city's.

Prague is really pretty, but it seemed like most people were there just to party. I liked just walking around the city during the day and eating cheap food (and at night, drinking cheaply), but I can't think of anything special about the place. I did go to the Kafka Museum, which is nice if you have read any of his works.
>>
I am from Vienna so i might be a little biased. Around what time of the year do you want to go? Prague is ready cool but i think you don't need to spend 5 days there. There is a lot more to do in and around Vienna i think. Also the Bus Company studentagency offers really cheap Transports from prague to Vienna
>>
>>1170660
I would be visiting during the summertime. And yes, you're not the first to suggest I shorten that part. I would mostly be in Prague to enjoy the beer and nightlife so that part likely could be shortened
>>
>>1170370
If you have never been to Prague I recommend the tours, they will give you a good overview of the city and its history, plus some of the guides are a real delight (they are free but tips are expected)

If you go to Wenceslas square (I probably misspelled that) you can find the tour guides in front of the solar clock in the mornings. I recommend the city tour and the Kutna Hora tour, which takes you to the bone chapel and a bunch of other interesting places

The food is also amazing, I had a pork belly with cranberry sauce that might just have been the best thing I ever ate (would mention the place but I don't remember the name, just how to get there)

5 days is a very long time, as other anons have said, if you want you could totally squeeze another city in there
>>
>>1170726
>>1170726
Would staying in the city center be best for Prague?
>>
>>1170768
I stayed at an apartment about 5 blocks away from the square and it was excellent so I guess if you consider that the center then yes

Really hard to go wrong since it's all so cheap over there (imho)
>>
>>1170660
Not OP
How is Vienna like in december? Not asking about weather as I don't give af if it gets chilly, just how the atmosphere is like. Would be interested in classical music concerts also

Anyway I'm planning to end my trip in Prague, maybe spend christmas eve there I don't know.
>>
I was actually going to do this, but add Berlin and Copenhagen. Does that make sense or is there somewhere closer I should go? I was going to do this over three weeks.
>>
Would you guys recommend Hostels for these cities? The housing looks pretty cheap regardless, but I feel like a hostel would afford you the opportunity to meet new people. Thoughts?
>>
>>1170370
Budapester here, ama
>>
>>1171807
Hostel one home in prague is really good. A bit more expensive but worth it imo. There's free dinner every night so the people will gather and head out afterwards.
I didn't really enjoy the city that much, way too many tourists but the hostel and the nightlife was amazing. also, go for the beergarden on the hill park for a daytime drink.

Carpe noctem vitae is a really good party hostel in budapest. It's a really big hostel with mostly aussies but still I had a really fun time there. Stayed for 8 nights instead of 4 but i'd it's not for everyone. Be prepared for really heavy drinking and people hooking up in the dorms.
In budapest you have great cheap food everywhere, one best bars in europe and really cool events. The thermal baths are worth going to on a hangover morning. If it's rainy it's better.
Also, if you have time, maybe check out Belgrade. I'd go there instead of Vienna.

I did a south-north trip from budapest to helsinki this summer. Let me know if u need any help on these countries.
>>
>>1171956
>>1171956
Thanks for the suggestions. I am travelling solo so it will be nice to source and meet with others.
>>
>>1170370
By visiting Vienna, you've seen them all
Budapest for cheap booze and food yo
>>
>>1172367
I'm doing a massive Europe trip and currently in Milan. I just did Prague and Budapest and man, it was fun. I actually second Hostel One Home, like the other guy said. Its a really good place to meet people and I made a few really good friends there and most likely have similar travel routes as you and will see each other in different cities, i.e. met a guy there and we ended up in Krakow together. Def recommend, say hi to Zack/Zach (there's two) for me if you do end up going there (from YJ). I only did 2 days in Prague and I really regret it! I wish I'd done at least 4. Prague was absolutely beautiful and affordable. Go to this restaurant called Ferdinand. A+ goulash and pork chops! AND cheap af. Walk around, explore the castles, and just soak it all up. I didn't get to do much sightseeing/touristy stuff but did go to cool bars and club with the locals.

I stayed at the infamous Retox in budapest and... man its just THE biggest party hostel in the world. Budapest was also absolutely stunning too and I'm also wishing I stayed longer. Only do Retox if you want to drink like a monster and party like you've never partied before. IF you want more info, let me know but it definitely lives up to the hype.
>>
>>1172419
Would you say I'm too old at 29 for Retox?

I've traveled a bit but never stayed at a party hostel before, so I'm not sure what to expect.
>>
>>1172419
Which bars/clubs did you go to? I feel like I missed out on the Prague nightlife
>>
>>1172990
Not the previous poster but I've stayed at Retox.
Wouldnt say youre too old, as long as youre outgoing and dont mind all the shit.
The hostel is a mess but very friendly, they make you sign i silly disclaimer before checking in which is just to give people an idea of what to expect. Wasnt that bad in my room, although a brittish guy shat/pissed/puked himself in his sleep
>>
>>1173194
Hm... people shitting on themselves might be a deal breaker. I am kind of a germ freak.
>>
>>1173240
Then dont go anywhere close to Retox
>>
Skip Vienna, forrest is kinda cool though
>>
rhrth
>>
>>1170496
>One of my enduring regrets is not having gone to see the Vienna Philharmonic.

The one with a 13 year waiting list for weekends, and 6 for weekdays? You've got a better chance of being a space tourist by then, and probably for cheaper.
>>
>>1174945
Can't you just scalp some tickets?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1170370
Just got back from that exact trip

Did 3 days budapest 2 days vienna 3 days prague.

When i was doing research everyone said to spend least time in Vienna. I liked Vienna best and wish i did 2 in budapest and three in Vienna. Vienna is very grand and has lots of museums and palaces if you like touring them than spend more time in vienna.

If i had more time Like you do I would have tried to spend some time outside the city like in cesky krumlov, salzburg, or kunta hora.

Also visit St. Norbert brewery pivovar strahov. Their amber beer is the best beer i have ever had in my life. I went there and walked through the mountain park. The venicular wasnt running that day so it made for a nice walk with great views. Pic is from walk
>>
File: 20161022_165106.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161022_165106.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>1170370
Hey OP, been to all three cities. It will be a great trip. Wonderful cities. As others said, 5 days for each could be a bit too much.
Last prague visit was years ago, memories not fresh. But I am currently living in Budapest und just the last weekend visited bratislava and vienna.
>>1170415
as anon said, SKIP BRATISLAVA. we did 90 minutes sight seeing and that was enough. seriously. a really boring city.
Vienna is the most astounding city I have ever seen. Ask your hostel for a map and the inner city tour. You can do it yourself. takes around 2 1/2 to 3 hours. You will see so many magnificent buildings (pic related, "Spanische Hofreitschule"). Eat schnitzel, sachertorte and drink a melange (vienna style coffee). go to museums. visits "sissi's" summer residence. small tour was really cool.
Budapest. Oh boy. I love it here. Beatiful with shabby corners. Always feel safe here. GREAT city to party. You can have a party everyday. Pubs and bars everywhere. Made-In (cheapest bar) and Füge Udvar come to mind for pre drinks. Szimpla (big bar) and Instant (club) are the most touristic places. Akvarium can have great events on weekend, program is changing. Corvin club and Fogas are solid for picking up. Just google what music you like and go there, city is very center focused, most places are quite near.
Enjoy a day in a spa/bathing house. Széchenyi is one of the best and famous.
If you have questions, feel free. I will be back on monday though.
>>
File: IMG_1686.jpg (170KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1686.jpg
170KB, 750x1334px
>>1170370
OP 5 days is waaay to much, just got back from 3 days in prague, and it was more than enough to see the entire city

3 days for each city and you will see more than you think you could have

also pic related, best fucking beer in the Czech

cheap as shit too, i brought 6 of these babies for 2.30 usd
>>
Budapest is a god tier city.
>great bars and clubs
>cheap
>beautiful women
>nice architecture
>easy to get around
>great restaurants
>>
>>1171437
athmosphere is amazing desu, if you're lucky it might even snow a little. cold af tho, we're talking like -10 degrees lol

t. viennese
>>
Op don't miss ruin bars and jewish disctrict in Budapest overall. One of the best cities I've been to
>>
>>1176376
>6 of these babies for 2.30 usd
How the flying fuck?
This is the price of hobo beer in this part of the world.
>>
How's the prostitution scene in Budapest?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.