[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pilots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 1476013347532-593935334.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1476013347532-593935334.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
what a cool job. I bet they get maaaad stewardess pussy. Do you ever get the urge to talk to them? what would you ask? I don't have the nerve to go up to them. does anyone know a commercial pilot?
>>
>>1170308
Oh god you must be a massive neckbeard
>>
Most flight attendants can't stand pilots. Yes I have several good friends who are pilots.
>>
>>1170308
meh. The bar isn't high nowadays to be a stewardess. Hell I bet their are more fag boys as stewardessess than hot females.
>>
>>1170682
>more fag boys as stewardessess than hot females
Only if you fly with cheapshit airline
>>
File: default.png (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
default.png
18KB, 500x500px
>>1170682
>he doesn't like delicious and aesthetic boipussy
please leave, you have no taste
>>
>>1170308
Spoiler alert. Like 30% of pilots are huge nerds, the other 20% are ex nerds. A lot of the old timers/ex vets are way cooler and fit the grizzly old hard flying hard drinking captain types

Source: went to ERAU and work for an airline in the HDQ.
>>
>hate flying
>love being in airports

what's wrong with me, brehs
>>
>>1170308
One time in customs they asked a pilot to read and translate the description on something. Bro totally covered for me. Saved me some serious shitstorm
>>
>>1171216
Senior at ERAU working through multi, can confirm. We all gotta start at the bottom, though.
>>
>>1170677
As a flight attendant I can confirm this... Most pilots have a YUGE ego
>>
>>1170308
Flying in First Class with most international airlines the Pilot will come over and introduce himself, tell you the flight time, etc.

Usually in A380 they are pretty old and experienced by then. Not really anything special apart from being one of the highest paid pilots in the world.
>>
>>1172053
Good for you dude. Just stick it out at Silver for a few years and youll be at jetblue in no time. ( i dont work for either but b6 is cool as fuck.)

The much touted pilot shortage (Ive been hearing it for 20 years, 9/11 prolonged it)
has hit the airlines HARD.

Anyways, Go Eagles.
>>
>>1171227
You're not alone, airports have a very special feeling to them
>>
>>1170308
> tfw applied to be an airline pilot and failed a few too many times
> have a license I will probably not end up using because it costs too much to fly in my present financial situation.

Its a tough industry to crack and is ridiculously expensive.
A lot of the time you spend in grey areas where you either have too little experience or don't have the ratings required.
or you have the qualifications required but not the hours to be employed due to insurance reasons
Plus there is the extensive networking involved to get into anything aviation related, from crop dusting to delivering regional mail. Working the odd jobs here and there to do more hours.

I am not deterring anyone reading this from trying though, if its something you want to do go for it. But plan it out, get into an airforce or do a cadetship or on-job training.

Personally I don't like airports anymore, for the same reason people love them. I don't take the skies often now.
>>
>>1171227
>>1172705
everytime we go to the airport... ahhh that feeling of excitement
>>
>>1173322
bah i want to be a pilot so bad but the chance I get accepted isnt that high and it costs so much
>>
I feel like I should have joined the airforce and became a pilot. Seems like easy-street.
>>
>>1173528
Being a pilot is nothing more than a systems analyst, and the shortage means if your flying on a regional airline chances are your captain is 23 years old and meets the minimum requirements.
>>1173322
>Its a tough industry to crack
No
>It's ridiculously expensive.
Yes
>>
>>1173322
There was a cool pilot anon who posted here before woth stories of flying in third world shitholes with shitty runeays/airports and pkanes being shot at and such not too long ago. If you focus on 1st/Western world to get your hours I imagine it's safer, but harder to get hours.
>>
>>1172090
This has happened on most flights I've taken in first class. When I was younger and flying with my parents I got to do the whole come checkout the cockpit shit.
>>
>>1170706
This definitely applies to British Airways and BA isn't cheap (although it's definitely heading that way).
>>
>>1172316
>much touted pilot shortage
>>1173577
>the shortage
Is there really a shortage? I was reading an article a week or so ago about how way too many European kids are graduating as pilots, without a realistic way of paying back their loans. Or is this an American thing?
>>
>>1173932
Ya, its very real. I work for a small regional, and were short about 60 or so FT pilots. The ones we do hire get railroaded into the major carriers so fast our attrition rate is completely off balance.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-29/shrinking-pool-of-future-pilots-keeps-major-airlines-on-edge
>>
I know a commercial pilot. Guy is hilarious but he's a total "bro" archetype. I don't think women really go for that kind of guy anymore.
>>
>>1173932
>shortage
fucking lufthansa still not taking in any new pilots
>>
People always romanticize the job as a pilot.
Never do I hear anyone speak about the downsides.
Waking up at 3 or 4 am. Fly 4 legs on a day..
To me it seems pretty mentally and physically exhausting.
On top of that it becomes routine fairly quick.
Also read about a pilot who didn't get impressed by the views anymore after a year or so flying...
>>
>>1174186
>downsides
>waking up at 3-4am. fly 4 legs a day
which downsides ?
i guess you really have to love flying of course after a while you get used to it but on big carriers you should get more nice new views the longer you fly
>>
>>1174192
>i guess you really have to love flying of course

Do you even do anything as a pilot anymore other than sit there in case a major catostrophe happens? Isn't it like 99% computerized on modern airlines?
>>
>>1174186

It's like that with any job fambalam. I worked Ski patrol for 3 winters in at Bridger Bowl. It was an awesome job but even that started to feel like work after a while. You do anything 40+ hours a week for more than a year or two and it gets old.
>>
>>1174195
from a previous anon
>Being a pilot is nothing more than a systems analyst
that sums it up. for example this is what an "emergency" engine failure looks like in the cockpit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEf35NtlBLg

so actually yes. you do the communication (with tower and Air Traffic Control), take-off and land, taxi to the runway and give instructions to the autopilot but still...I cant rly tell what it is its just...<sigh>
>>
>>1174297
Ya, you really need to love being in the air. If you've got Jet A in your blood more power to you, but I know more than a few captains that find it soul draining.

I also know a few that couldnt be happier doing a few long hauls a month flying rubber dog shit out of hong kong as cargo haulers.
>>
>>1174339
>I also know a few that couldnt be happier doing a few long hauls a month flying rubber dog shit out of hong kong as cargo haulers.
That could be me
>>
>>1174339
>flying rubber dog shit out of hong kong

MAVERICK
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.