[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Money Belts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: chrome_2016-10-07_19-49-22.png (304KB, 787x373px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-10-07_19-49-22.png
304KB, 787x373px
Or other security pouch options.

I've been looking into getting a belt loop pouch (picture) but can't find one that has a long enough "cord" and be lockable at the zipper by a padlock. Does anyone know one that has these qualities.
>>
I've been to like 9 countries where all the Internet forums say you need to be overly cautious with your wallet and use money belts and shit. All I have ever done is carry my wallet in my front pocket and have situational awareness and everything has been fine
>>
>>1169823
>situational awareness

This.

But if wearing a money belt or whatever makes you more able to relax and enjoy yur travels, go for it.
>>
>>1169823
Money is one thing.

Your passport is worth more then money and a money belt isn't a bad idea to keep it safe. If you get it for that purpose, it also makes sense to leave some emergency cash in there too.
>>
>>1169823
>>1169832

That was my original plan. I found belt loops and thought that it was worth having a versatile, lockable pouch that wouldn't be as onerous as a money belt. Seems like it'd prevent opportunistic theft.

What's more, I'm just looking for a passport sized pocket that has holes for a padlock and a loop for attachment. I can't seem to find one.
>>
Airport Security here. Just remember to take them off when entering the machines you fat fucking retards. I'm tired of having to touch your worthless disgusting bodies because your too fucking stupid to understand that obviously a fucking layered clothed strapped around your fucking stomach is going to cause alarm.
>>
>>1169840
Even losing your passport isn't that big of a deal, just go to the local embassy and they give you a temp one.
>>
>>1169840
Why would you carry your passport around as if you need to take it out at any time?
>>
>>1169873
>"give"
That fucking thing is $100.
>>
>>1169816
Google "running belt" and see if you can find one you like. These are elastic straps with a small pouch you wear under your t-shirt that you can fit some cards and cash in. So long as you are not wearing a skin-tight or very thin t-shirt you can't really see it, so it's much less visible and bulky than a pouch. I spent quite a lot of time in Africa and always used one of these.
>>
>>1169847
Lmao at airport security calling other people retards.
>>
>>1169874
Some countries in theory require you to do so-Thailand for example.
>>
>>1169847
>your too fucking stupid
>your

Everytime
>>
>>1169936
>Some countries
>in theory
>Thailand

lol what'd you fuck up nigger?
>>
I use a neck wallet rather than a money belt because I find it is more convenient, but the downside is sometimes it is very apparent under my shirt.

I really don't think a padlock is a deterrent on something like this desu.
>>
Neck wallets or money belts are annoying.

I got one of these:

https://www.corporatetravelsafety.com/catalog/deluxe-hidden-leg-wallet.html#/product/525

Comfy and totally hidden. You forget it's there and you don't look like a fucking tourist
>>
File: anxious spider.png (157KB, 615x273px) Image search: [Google]
anxious spider.png
157KB, 615x273px
>>1169990
what if your passport isnt soft
>>
>>1170050
From the product photos, it seems as though the company assumes a passport is a single piece of paper.
>>
>>1169926
Lmao at having a decent paying government job with great benefits and security?
>>
>>1169990
Imagine wearing this for more then a week in somewhere with high levels of humidity, you'd develop sweat rash (prickly heat) very easily.
>>
>>1170050
Oh, right. Didn't think about that, sorry. I have an Aussie passport which is sort of flexible.

>>1170139
That's true, and which is why I take it off at the end of the day. I then either put it in a secure locker or sleep with it under my pillow.
>>
I have the one in the OP's photo. I don't use it too often but sometimes it becomes very useful in avoiding pickpockets. If I'm in a high risk situation like a concert I can have small amounts of cash in my pockets and keep my phone/cards/more cash in that.

If it came to a mugging I'm not sure it would help much because it seems like muggers would find it. I just make sure I keep most things locked up where I'm staying, including most of the cards. I take a photocopy of my passport instead of the real thing around with me.
>>
>>1169989
>I really don't think a padlock is a deterrent on something like this desu
Yeah, what purpose would it serve? If you are held up by an armed robber they'll just take the whole thing and cut it open later. If you leave it lying around unattended a thief can open the padlock in less than a minute, or just cut it open. If someone is trying to reach under your shirt, unzip the pouch and steal the contents you're definitely going to notice even if it's not padlocked.

Padlocks are good for making it hard for thieves to get into a bag without you or other bystanders noticing. They're useless if the thief has more than a few seconds of privacy with the bag.

Money belts in general: just pick something that is comfortable and subtle under your clothes. You don't need to wear it all the time, they're meant to be worn when in transit (esp in high risk areas like train stations), or if your accommodation is not suitable for leaving valuables in.
>>
>>1170130
yeah, but airport security is still a job for retards.

you can pay a star athlete millions, but a retard is a retard
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.