[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leaving the United States

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: the-united-states-of-america-map.gif (191KB, 1100x704px) Image search: [Google]
the-united-states-of-america-map.gif
191KB, 1100x704px
I am sick and tired of living here in the U.S. and it seems like the country is going to shit. Does anyone here on /trv/ have ideas for a place I might like?

Here is what I am looking for:
> Low taxes
> Low expenses
> Easy to enter (easy to get in visa free or easy visa process)
> Relaxed laws
> Comfortable living
>>
>>1169785
Canada has low taxes compared to Europe, but everything's expensive here, we don't have freedom of speech and our gun laws are stupid. Fits the other requirements though.
>>
>>1169785
Somalia
>>
>>1169785
Are you going MGTOW?
>>
Any scandinavian country, low taxes may be debateable.
>>
>>1169993
low expenses aswell. norway and sweden are very expensive but imo god tier countrys
>>
>>1169785
>I am sick and tired of living here in the U.S. and it seems like the country is going to shit
lmao. good luck finding anywhere that is less shit
>>
Do us a favor and stay in Mericanistan. We don't need more expats who can't hack it back in their home country.
>>
>>1169993
>>1170009
Scandinavia is cripplingly expensive. Also near-impossible to move to as an American, unless you have a local wife or quite serious qualifications through which you could land a job. Easy to visit though.

>>1169785
To OP, there is literally nowhere you can live permanently without a visa except for overseas US territories or former US territories governed by the Compact of Free Association (the Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of the Marshall Islands, and Palau).

In the rest of the world you will need some kind of visa that will allow you to work, possibly along with a separate work permit. These are usually hard to get (in Western and Northern Europe, read: near-impossible to get) unless you work in a field for which there's a lot of demand and few qualified locals. Student visas are easy to get, if you wanted to embark on a very slow education.

There are dodgy workarounds available to live quasi-legally in Cambodia without much trouble--it's easy to buy a business visa that can be renewed indefinitely. You can't technically work for someone else on one of these, but people obviously do. Laws in Cambodia are draconian in some respects and lax in others, but mostly just very erratically enforced. Fairly cheap to live in overall, although terrible infrastructure makes utilities proportionally very expensive. Ruled by a corrupt dictator who could go off the rails at any time--definitely possible that much more chaotic shit than any living American has ever experienced could hit the fan without tons of warning.

Used to be easy to slouch your way into indefinite residency in Thailand without real papers. Hasn't been possible for many years now, so anyone talking about doing 'visa runs' there is wrong. Six months max in any given year is the real limit without a legitimate local job.
>>
Anybody downplaying what is about to happen in the US right now NO MATTER WHO WINS the election is deluding themselves. Both sides are absolutely insane and we are fucked either way. Honestly, people looking for ways out and people advising need to dial up the urgency here, time is a pretty fucking big factor.
>>
Honestly the politics in most countries are totally fucked. It's a global thing more than domestic. The grass is not greener. The US has more to offer than any other country in the world and that won't change in this generation. Just move somewhere rural if you want to escape most of the country's problems. Every state in the nation has rural places with great quality of life.
>>
>>1170041
this, both candidates want to weaken encryption and pass gun control legislation. Fuck them. I'm not religious, why the flying fuck should I have to give up my freedoms just because a bunch of hajjis can't handle banter?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.