[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Israel Birthright

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 2

File: Hot-Israeli-Army-Girls-7.jpg (58KB, 750x560px) Image search: [Google]
Hot-Israeli-Army-Girls-7.jpg
58KB, 750x560px
Anyone been on Birthright? Is it worth it considering it's free? Good to go with National, or people on Campus, or otherwise? How are the people on the trip?

I'm half Jewish so I can go easily, but I'm afraid I'll just be fed some propaganda shit the entire time. Also would like to fuck some other vacationers and locals while I'm there, not sure if they're super religious or picky about that though, or if there's a lot of free time
>>
I'm half Jewish and am going on a birthright in December. From what I've read most people aren't very strictly Jewish on these trips and a lot of people drink and fuck around. You will definitely be fed propaganda shit the entire time, why the fuck do you think they have these trips? Overall it seems like a good time, I'm probably going to extend my birthright to a month.
>>
>>1169475
What do you mean extend it to a month?

Also is there just a lot of free time int he hotels or after events of the day? Like after 5pm or whatever, do they just let you loose?
>>
>>1169479
I've read certain people saying that at night they were free to do whatever and went to some clubs and whatnot. It's a common stereotype that the 18-22 group just go's on a birthright to get drunk and be away from their parents. As for extension, you can have your flight back changed to a later date for free if you tell them early or it could cost you $200 at most. There are several extension programs where you can stay for another week or two but it costs $200 a week. That's cheap as fuck so I figure I'm going to do it. During the extension you do a lot of hiking and some swimming. There's also some community service BS but oh well, I figure it will just be a part of the experience. Livnot is the extension program I applied to and will most likely get accepted.
>>
>>1169481
very chill, is the application process easy? I can prove I've went to synagogue and get signatures from my Rabbi easily, I assume that's all they want.

Also are you going with people from campus or just national? What "experience" or whatever did you choose?
>>
>>1169483
Application process was pretty simple. When I was young I lived in the American midwest nowhere near a synagogue so the first time I went to temple was when I was in the Army. Getting your Rabbis signature wasn't even necessary but I think it really depends on which birthright organizer you go with. I've read that some people get calls from the ultra orthodox rabbi in Israel that guides their trip and gives people shit when he meets them in Israel. I chose Yael adventures because you don't have a rabbi pestering the group the whole time and it's one of the larger and higher regarded trip organizers. I went with the "classic" experience, there were other ones I was a little more interested in but I'm really into history so I figure it would be the best one overall. I'm not going with anybody from campus that I know of, there's only 40 people in the group and I live in a very non Jewish area. I'm fairly certain my trip is going to be Americans only.
>>
>>1169487
thanks for the info man, any review sites of the Birthright Organizers or just experience and that shit?
>>
>>1169488
just use google, the info is spread all over.
>>
>people get free travel experiences based on their parent's choice in magical skydaddy

Not fucking fair.
>>
>>1169505
>people get genocided based on their parent's choice in magical skydaddy
you win some and you lose some goy
>>
>>1169466

idk if i'm jewish, how do you determine that? i'm very cheap and my nose is bent a little if that helps
>>
>>1169505
Look on the bright side, at least you didn't get your penis mutilated.
>>
Israeli leftist here,
A lot of my friends joined birthright as accompanning soldiers because the girls are super easy. They say the tourists have a great time, getting drunk, partying ect.
Propoganda might be a problem by it might be a reasonable tax you're paying for the free trip. I'd suggest extending your stay afterwards and travel a bit by yourself, maybe do some woofing, I think it's worth it.
>>
>>1169466
Just got accepted last night in Aus to go in December. Looking forward to it. It's a free trip, who gives a shit if they propagandise a bit? Just do it.
>>
>>1169531
when do they have ttime to party? just after the activities of the day?
>>
>>1169608
Yeah at the end of the day/weekends I assume
>>
>>1169466
>Tfw have to reconcile my blinding hatred of j00z with the chill jews I know
its hard lads
>>
>>1169514
But I did, and I'm a Catholic. :(
>>
>>1169466
Is there any way around the whole religious connection aspect?

My maternal grandmothers family is Jewish but comes from a family of prominent communists and I can easily prove this. DNA tests put her as 100% Ashkenazi so I have further proof and it's not like giving up religion was their fault, right? I know that officially you have to have some connection to the religion but there is almost always a way to work around the rules, especially if you have a good sob story. Advice?
>>
>>1170171
>Advice?

Give it a try.
>>
>>1169508
This.
>>
>>1169466
Getting propaganda is part of the fun though, it's all part of the show just like North Korea, would it be as interesting without the propaganda? No.

And if you're actually a jew, unlike me you'll be able to get in on the fun and act like a serious Zionist, once you get in character and start referring to the Palestinians as just 'Arabs' and pretend that a one nation Israel only solution is a reasonable idea you'll get QT French or Russian girls in no time! Shalom.
>>
>>1170441
are you me? I faked being Jewish to get on a birthright as well. I did enough research beforehand that I felt like I was the most Jewish person in my trip...
>>
>>1170449
Makes sense. Converts to a religion/culture are usually much more fanatic than natives.
>>
Going with Mayanot in December on the "classic" 22-26 year old group.

For anyone who went, any tips/experiences to share? Any cool shit to buy while I'm there?

Also, I'm atheist, and planning to just act completely open minded during the trip to avoid arguments etc.
>>
>>1169466
Jewish friend of mine went and had the most sex he's ever had while over there (and took pictures to confirm)
>>
>>1170687
With Israelis or other birthrighters?
>>
>>1170697
Both, he said Israeli women are very sexually aggressive and birthrighters are pretty typical party girls
>>
>>1170716
>Israeli women are very sexually aggressive
Sounds like my kind of girls.
>>
>>1170717
Same, and I really like ethnically jewish women too
I really wish I could go, but I'm a goy
>>
>>1170493
Maybe a hookah (Not my thing but smokers dig it) or some dead sea products for girls you know. Some food stuff (tahini, spices, majhul dates)
>>
>>1170493
I went on the 22-26 year group. I'm glad I did this and not the younger group where everyone is under 21 and just obsessed with drinking. Everyone still parties the whole time and it's very fun. You get to see all the sites all over the country and still have free time.

I purposely picked Shorashim, which is barely religious and there wasn't much propaganda. On shabbat the one time we did a prayer they were just like "if you don't believe, just be respectful to those praying". There were people on my trip that were raised Christian and knew nothing about Judaism, but they have one Jewish parent and in the preliminary interview they considered themselves to be Jewish.

The biggest part of the propaganda is how blatantly they want us all to hook up. That's the ultimate motive of the trip. Our trip leader addressed our bus with "future lovers" at the beginning of the trip, and "ex-lovers" by the end of the trip. They really want Jews to fuck other Jews. (3 couples from my trip ended up getting engaged, so it worked.)
>>
>>1170449
how did you fake it?
>>
Hey I am not religious what so ever but i want to go. Ive done the entire application EXCEPT the $250 deposit.

My father is from Iran but my mother was Jewish and lived on a kibbutz in Israel for like a year or something. Do you guys think that would make me eligible? I'm tight on money so i dont want to drop $250 if im unlikely to be accepted.
>>
>>1170951
It's a deposit. Don't you get it back if you're not accepted?
>>
>>1170951
I think you should put in the deposit, you'll be fine. My father is an Egyptian muslim and mother mother is an Israeli jew. I'm going this winter on the 22-26 with no problems. They did ask me a few questions of my muslim upbringing but I just told them that I stopped practicing islam when I was around ten. I later got a second interview specifically about being raises in a multi religious family but just claim to be primarily jewish and you'll be fine. I'm already approved in my trip and I think you don't have a lot of time left to get your application in for the winter trip. If you're too much of a jew to put in the deposit right now then you'll probably have to wait for a summer birthright.
>>
>>1171136
Damnit ok I think i will put in the deposit then. I litterally know nothing of Judaism though. I know the Torah, barmitzvah, and they wear those tiny hats to remind them of god or something. Am I fucked? I think maybe ill just study up a little bit so that if they interview me I wont seem clueless
>>
>>1171217
You'll be fine. Just do a bunch of research into the basics of Judaism. Rosh Hashanna was last week so say you celebrated that. Keep in mind the target for these trips are people like you who aren't all that connected to the religion so you can take in their propaganda and become more Jewish. I should note that I only have experience with Yael Adventures and they aren't strict at all when it comes to acceptance. There are a few trip organizers that have a rabbi from Israel call you like an anon up in the thread stated. Those would be the only trips I'd avoid if I were you.
>>
>>1170936
Thanks, that's similar to what I heard.

>>1170738
Thanks, the dead sea products is a good idea. What about jewelry/watches? If I bought one from a bazaar/market type place (not super expensive, but not cheap) would it be decent or high possibility of being a chink-shit scam?
>>
>>1171407
Well I'm an Israeli male and if I wanted a watch or anything I'd go to a proper shop, not to the marketplace.
Bare in mind that most of the imported goods are more expensive compared to Europe or the US (traveling gear, electronics ect.)
>>
>>1170171
you don't need to be religious whatsoever as long as you're not trying to get into a religious group. The important thing is that one of your parents is Jewish - ETHNICALLY. Since your maternal grandma is Jewish, your mom is Jewish, you're Jewish.
>>
My imaginary grandma is Jewish but I can't prove she exists, she has no ID, she's dead, I never met her, and I have no Ashkenazi blood. Is it possible for me to get a free trip to Israel?
>>
>>1171961
fuck off, goy
>>
>>1169466
FKKM
>>
i've heard stories of black dudes faking their way in as Jews. I'm Filipino/Spanish (with a Canadian passport) and wouldn't mind sitting through all the propaganda to see the country on their dime. Is this actually possible? I'm actually genuinely curious to learn more about it as I grew up Christian
>>
>>1169508
kek
>>
>>1171720
I was really looking for Israeli made products, not imported. But thanks, that makes sense to stick to brick and mortar stores instead of markets.
>>
>>1169466
>birthright
What an obnoxious name for an organization. I think I'll start a group called Entitled Cunts.
>>
>>1169466
do ashkenazi and shepardim race mix these days? I heard the tensions were really bad in the 90s.

it's hard for me to conceive of them being so unified
>>
>>1170441
went on birthright. they actually advocated a two state solution. sure it was pretty one sided but that was obvious
>>
what if you aren't sure one of your parents is jewish? how can i find out?
I have a feeling my dad had jewish background somewhere.

can't ask him or his family now.
>>
>>1169508
>le don't fiveget the 6 gorillion !!!1!!! poor us!!!111oneoneone
>>
>>1170722
You know... you can still visit Israel.

I have a friend that went on a sort of 'goy Birthright'. It was a trip to Israel sponsored by some Israeli-relations peace group or whatever, while we were in university. My friend (who's a relatively lax Christian, btw) just had to write an essay, and they chose the best 30 for a free trip to Israel. I think it was private but still government funded, so it did have some blatant propaganda, but at least they tried to 'token' represent both sides in a few instances. They took them to some Arab villages/districts in Israel to talk to locals, who of course said how great being an Arab in Israel is.
>>
>>1171407
>high possibility of being a chink-shit scam
Obviously. I thought Jews were smarter than this?
>>
>>1173671
Probably not good enough, unless he's a Cohen.

>>1174061
>>>/pol/
>>
My flight to Israel leaves NYC (JFK airport) at 6:20pm on a Sunday. How early do I need to arrive from Phoenix, AZ to have a high probability of not missing my flight? Birthright says I need to arrive by 2:20pm. The only day-of flight option I see would be leaving PHX around 6:30am and arriving via nonstop to NYC at 1:15pm. Otherwise, I would need to fly out the day before, possibly around midnight of that day.

Remember to note that because I'm responsible for the PHX to NYC flight and the Birthright organization is responsible for the NYC to Israel flight, the itineraries will not be connected.
>>
>>1174764
>PHX around 6:30am and arriving via nonstop to NYC at 1:15pm
>Birthright says I need to arrive by 2:20pm
Tours (I'm not Jewish, so no experience with birthright) usually give you such a ludicrous schedule so that everybody will actually show up before the flight leaves. Otherwise you get people arriving at the airport two hours late, pissed off because they thought they'd somehow still make the flight.

Still, the best option is not to ask hostile or indifferent strangers on the Chinz but to contact your birthright organisation. Best of luck, and have fun.
>>
>>1174764
I'm wondering how the luggage thing works since I'll be flying from San Francisco. Do I tell the airline in San Francisco about my other flights and they add a tag to my luggage so it gets put on the right plane or what? I really have no idea how this stuff works.
>>
>>1174852
My organizer (Mayanot) said to meet them by the check-in (i.e. before security) at the departing airport. So you won't tell your San Francisco airline anything specific, they'll assume your destination is whichever departing city you have for your trip. You pass through the airport security to get your bags from baggage claim, and then meet your organizer by the airline check-in. Assuming your organizer does it the same way as mine.
>>
>>1169466
Why do they have bare bone M-4
>>
>>1170449
I do this except with my job applications lol
>>
File: 1459888776738.jpg (111KB, 640x524px) Image search: [Google]
1459888776738.jpg
111KB, 640x524px
Just got assigned to a flight today. Anyone doing an extension or staying in the country for an extra week or two to travel around?
>>
>>1169466
can you please stop spamming these threads.
>>
>>1172006
Bump? So curious for Israel. I was planning to go this year and wouldn't mind flights paid for as it means I can go somewhere else after with the money that I save
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.