[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cities, places or regions you literally fell in love into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 15

Hello there, /trv/

I've been lurking here for quite a while, dreaming of sweet places while I was sitting here in my meh-tier ol' city in east-southern France.

Well lads, I finally moved to my fiancée's place in Lozère. This French department is god-tier for nature lovers; it has beautiful valleys, rivers and mountains everywhere, and aside from the city of Mende (which is a pretty comfy location), there's practically nothing except small villages with a warm atmosphere. The people are exceptionally nice compared to the average French once you get to know 'em, and just being here makes you alive and eases your spirit. I recommend it with all my heart.

I will dump this thread later with photos of my own, I settled here to peacefully and autonomously study for my degree so I got plently of occasions to take repleneshing walks outside.

Let's share our loves at first sight, /trv/.
>>
Northeastern region of Brazil. Tbh it contains the best and worst of Brazil simultaneously. But I can't help loving the good parts
>>
Bosa, Sardinia. The first day I ever saw the Mediterranean, I ended up in Bosa. It was raining torrents but the sun was still shining. It was a picture-book image of Italy.
I watched the sun set from the castle and camped that night in a patch of sweet fennel.
>>
>>1169203
Most of Burgundy and this one town in the Alsace called Lutzelbourg. Was pretty comfy, found out later Hitler stayed at the same hotel there. Really made me think.
>>
File: 52309609626.jpg (979KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
52309609626.jpg
979KB, 1100x733px
>>1169203
Zakopane, Poland. I'm from Alberta so I didn't think the Polish mountains would be too different from what we have here, but they were. I fell in love with the quaint little mountain town, the extremely friendly locals and the best fucking food I've ever had abroad.

The Polish mountain people can cook and drink extremely well. From the various goat and sheep cheeses to the goat/sheep dishes I was in fooking heaven. And it was all extremely cheap.
>>
>>1169380
Where there? I was born in Natal, although my family moved when I was less than a year old.
>>
Alsace, France and the Highlands of Scotland
>>
File: == (46).jpg (1MB, 2324x1556px) Image search: [Google]
== (46).jpg
1MB, 2324x1556px
>>1169203
I feel you OP, French here from Languedoc I used to go to Lozère very often as a child, it's a hidden gem in this country.
I'll be waiting for them pics of yours, I miss this place, haven't been there for years even though I don't live really far

And to answer your question I'd say Dordogne, so in France too. I went there for the first time 3 years ago knoing fuck all about it and had a hard time leaving.
It's one of the most forested area of France, has hundreds and hundreds of well preserved castles among the most impressive of the country, medieval villages, very rural but not poor, the food is to die for (duck being the main meat), people kept their traditions, the climate is perfect as well... No wonder so many British people come here to retire.
Otherwise there was Réunion Island, I was about 14 when I visited it and it was the first time I got to climb a volcanoe, wander in rainforest, seen the biggest waves of my life...Also the people there come from all horizon so the food has influence from France, India, China...You can also just pick up any coconut on the floor and it'll taste divine, solid 10/10 of an island

Sorry both these places are French, I have travelled a lot for someone my age (around 20) but I did my most interesting travels when was barely a teen so didn't really give a fuck back then, the later ones I remember more as I was more interested in travelling
Pic is from Dordogne

Also OP where are you from originally ? Because Southern-East France has great nature and places too
>>
File: zuccarello.jpg (217KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
zuccarello.jpg
217KB, 800x535px
>>1169203

i would say Zuccarello, Italy not so far from the border with France

Another beautiful place is Dolceacqua, but i went there years ago
>>
Paris, such a vibrant and diverse city.
>>
>>1169710
Fuck now I don't know if you are serious or trying to start a shitstorm with the words "Paris" and "diverse" in the same post
Nevertheless Paris is one of the best cities of the world to visit, assuming you know how to behave in this kind of place
>>
Glasgow. Such a real place with great people and an amazing arts scene. Hard to describe what makes Glasgow so great, it's just the attitude of everyone who lives there.
>>
>Osaka
>Hong Kong

I'm not even a city person, but something about those just made me love them. I have been back to both many times and always love it.
>>
>>1169203
How much does it cost to live there, OP?
>>
>>1169728
Is Hong Kong as cyberpunk as I imagine? I'd love to spend some time there
>>
OP here, thanks for the replies everyone. Some of the places you guys mentionned look really comfy and I might want to rest my bones in one of them when I'll have a steady income.

>>1169398
Rural poles are god tier when it comes to treating guests and customers. They really are friendly and warm people and I share your love for the Polish mountain landscapes.

>>1169699
Mon négro.
I lived for a couple of years in Cavaillon (Vaucluse), and I was not too far away from outstanding natural landmarks of Mother France, such as the Sainte Victoire or the Alpilles, but my studies and lack of free time prevented me from visiting them more than once a year. Before that, I was living in Aix-en-Provence, and further before, I was in Kuopio (I am originally a Finn, I arrived in France in 2005), so I have a limited knowledge of good places to visit in France. Thus, I thank you very much for your insights.

>>1169769
It is not much different from the rest of France, but the emphasis on local products even in Mende's main mall and the fact that everything is centralized in one town makes life easier.

Regarding housing, the rents are not very high around. My SO's house has 35 sq meters and we pay 420 euros with a fixed charge on water and electricity. This is really cheap compared to what you can find in major French city, so it can be a good bet for students, especially those who seek IT degrees.
>>
>>1169203
cabbagetown in toronto
jordaan in amsterdam
all of lichtenstein
grimiest parts of london
most of dalmatia, but not split
scotland highlands were based
canadian cottage country like muskoka and parry sound
the alps just taking a train through it all was awesome
>>
>>1169203
Kyoto.
>>
File: IMG_20150531_122059.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150531_122059.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
Kyrgyzstan, the ex soviet shit hole that i love

damn do i miss those treeless mountains, being off the grid, and the qt asian russians
>>
File: Cantal paysage 3.jpg (1MB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
Cantal paysage 3.jpg
1MB, 1200x803px
>>1169983
The -Stans usually have god-tier nature, picture saved

>>1169780
Well the Vaucluse is nice as well, the Alps and Pre-Alps are nearby, with all that entails (like the Verdon Gorges). I know it's not the same atmosphere as Lozère at all tho, it feels much more Mediterranean whereas Lozère is well, just Lozère. By the way since you now live inside the Massif Central you have other beautiful stuff to see nearby outside the department, such as the volcanoes of the Puy-de-Dôme, the Aubrac plateau, the green mounts of Cantal
I'm a southerner so a bit biased but I think the best landscapes are in the southern half, it's just more varied. Some places in the north are great as well like the coast of Brittany or the Vosges in Alsace, but it's usually more flat and populated than the south
I remember talking to a Finn on this board who wanted more informations about the Cathar Castles, was it you by any chance ?
>>
File: 20130318_094557.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20130318_094557.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
I think Jerusalem and I'm not a religious person. Probably the most layered place on earth, and not only physically.
>>
>>1169203
>>1169699
>>1169780
Frenchfag here aswell mes negros, I traveled a lot in the country and I have various place I loved : mostly Dordogne, Savoie are my fav, I loved Saint Céré in the Lot. But the places I loved the most were Saint Jean de Luz next Biarritz, I remember doing the trip in train because I was in a pony convention in Germany : I took the train at Nancy then Paris then Bordeaux then Saint Jean de Luz it was exciting ! Now I live in the suburb of Paris and I hate this place, i'm considering living in Nantes next year
>>
>>1169203
Looks great. Im curious, what people from this kind of town do for a living? Do they have do move daily to the big cities to their corporate jobs? or are they farmers?
>>
File: P1000182.jpg (1MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
P1000182.jpg
1MB, 2400x1800px
>>1170137
>Saint Jean de Luz

I can confirm, the French Basque Country is top as well. I went there for the first time a month ago, I don't regret it
>>
File: Lozère paysage 2.jpg (169KB, 1600x580px) Image search: [Google]
Lozère paysage 2.jpg
169KB, 1600x580px
>>1170150
It really depends but considering it is the least populated place of the country it's very rural and lots of people are indeed farmer and similar professions. There's some god tier cheese and charcuterie coming from there.
Otherwise yeah there are also people working in bigger towns, but considering the biggest one of the whole departement is only 11 000 people strong there aren't many "city" jobs
Btw Robert Louis Stevenson hiked through the place, and wrote about it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travels_with_a_Donkey_in_the_C%C3%A9vennes?oldformat=true
>>
>>1169203
Yellowstone in January, when there were few people about and everything coated in snow, was among the most amazing experiences I've had in travel. The wildlife and the geology are stunning, but I can't imagine how much the experience would be degraded in the summer when you basically put the LA Freeway through the middle of it.
>>
>>1169710
Unironically this
>>
File: st. john's.jpg (262KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
st. john's.jpg
262KB, 900x600px
>>1169203
I spent a week in this place last summer and haven't been able to shake it since. Being there when I realized a city isn't just a collection of buildings in a different place than the last, but can actually have a profound effect on the way you feel, ya know?
>>
File: img_0245.jpg (555KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img_0245.jpg
555KB, 1600x1200px
>>1169203
Northeastern Thailand. Moved there as an expat kid a very long time ago, didn't care much for it at first. Too hot, too flat, too rural.

Moved away to attend university and was amazed by how much I missed it. It has some of the best of the things people like about Thailand (especially food and sincerely warm, friendly people) and almost none of what people like least (jaded locals, ripoffs, sex tourism, floods of trashy tourists). I later lived for a while in digital-nomad favorite Chiang Mai, and for quite a long time in Bangkok, both of which I came to love, too. But Isaan will always be where my heart is.

Pic semi-related, but not mine: the lovely little Maekhong Riverside city of Nong Khai, one of the few towns in NE Thailand that's noticeably touristy. But it maintains its charm.
>>
>>1171118
Comfy as fukc
>>
>>1169790
Out of curiosity, what was it about Cabbagetown you liked so much?

I ask because I really like Toronto (probably one of the few people on this site that do) but I never hear about Cabbagetown as a tourist destination
>>
>>1169983
>qt asian russians
Mutually exclusive options. There's no such a thing as Asian Russian. Pick one.
>>
>>1171410
Dumbest post of the thread, congrats
>>
File: 20150805_162119.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20150805_162119.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Oberbayern
>>
>>1169203

istan-fuckin-bul

food
history
architecture
vibe
culture
football
power
lifestyle
affordable
>>
>>1171521
>>
File: Portuguese_beach_Algarve.jpg (102KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
Portuguese_beach_Algarve.jpg
102KB, 960x643px
The Algarve region of Portugal.
>>
Astoria, OR
Seward, AK

The only places where I've felt at home yet.
>>
Bumping this, mostly because I'm waiting for OP to post pics
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
Cartagena
>>
So many.

- Banff/Jasper/Kootay/Yoho National Parks in Alberta and British Colombia, Canada
- Vancouver Island, Canada
- Yellowstone National Park, US
- North-west Slovenia (Triglav, Bled etc)
- Piran in Slovenia
- Scotland, all of it
- Algarve, Portugal
- Dolomites, Italy
- Zakynthos, Greece
- High Tatras, Low Tatras and Slovenski Raj, Slovakia
>>
>>1172486
Big soft spot for Berlin as well.
>>
>>1169721

I was warned about Glasgow, that it is a shithole with zero kindness and a lot of dodgy areas. In my experience it was one of the most friendly places I've been in Europe. I might just have been lucky, but still.

Top experience for me was getting drunk with a bunch of 70+ year old people. I was in their pub and they closed, but they just closed the curtains and poured me another drink, and we shared life stories. Fucking amazing. I still have a Guinness pint glass as a souvenir.
>>
>>1172486
>>1172488
I went to Berlin in 2009 when I was 19 and didn't really have much planned, got bored and left after 2 days (planned 4 days originally). If I ever get back there, what do you recommend?
>>
>>1172481
Beautiful old city; hot as balls.
>>
>>1172538
Scotland in general is pretty friendly, which brings me to my contribution - Perth, Scotland. I'm a bit biased due to being both a St. Johnstone fan and a small town kinda guy, but it was just so damn quaint compared to Hongcouver.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.