[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Peru/Chile/Argentina

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1400x655_Miciu_e_0081.jpg (482KB, 1400x655px) Image search: [Google]
1400x655_Miciu_e_0081.jpg
482KB, 1400x655px
Hello friends,

I'm doing a two and a bit month trip through Peru, Chile and Argentina. I'll be starting off in Lima, and probably gunning straight for Cusco after a few days of adjustment in Lima. Anyone got any tips for backpacking in South America? I've saved up around $10,000 AUD, so money should be pretty much sorted. Also, am I totally fucked if I don't really know Spanish? I know the barest basics, and am taking a course a month in advance to help out a bit, but I'm still concerned.

Apart from that, what are must do things in these countries in my time frame? I'm spending my birthday/xmas/NYE in Valparaiso and then going down to Patagonia for three weeks. Thanks.
>>
File: IMG_0762.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0762.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Check out Calama as you head down the coast of Chile or if you decide to hit Bolivia. Bolivia is awesome BTW. i was lucky though, when i was in Calama their was and illegal desert rave party going on and that shit was awesome.

Valparaiso, Chile is a must hit spot bud, its about an hour an a half outside of Santiago. Its got some siiiiick graffiti art on the majority of its buildings. Its perfectly legal to paint on the buildings with a permit. Its like the San Fransisco of South America.i would spend a few days their. From here you could hit Calama. I backpacked south america without knowing any spanish. I meet people who did though and we traveled together, shit was amazing.

Cordoba Argentina has some of the pretties women i have ever seen in my life. i mean holy shit. Its home to one of the largest universities in Latin America, so hit that shit up amigo.

I really wish i knew spanish though bud, it would have opened up my whole fucking world. Im learning it now though, Round two incoming!!!

Picture related, Valparaiso Chile!
>>
>>1169123
Wonderful, thank you. I'll keep it in mind as I'll be passing through the Atacama for a few days anyway, so I might as well head there :)

Desert raves sound cool, anything else you can tell me about that? It's mostly meant to be an outdoors/hiking/climbing/horse riding kind of trip rather than a party one, but you've piqued my interest.
>>
>>1169069
I went to Peru 2 years ago. Maybe you could go to Arequipa or do the Inca trail. I enjoyed both.

Otherwise if it is not indiscreet, how did you manage to save up 10.000$? I'm a 18-year-old fella who don't receive a lot of money except few bills from family or summer jobs.
>>
>>1169643
Inca Trail was one my to do list, but I'll give Arequipa a whiz!

As for money, where are you from? I'm 21, and have benefited immensely from the fact that in Australia, we have a very high base minimum wage compared to many other nations. I got lucky about a year ago by being hired by a media intelligence group, so I was being paid around $32 an hour. This was on top of still living at home (rental prices in my city are fucked), having very little university debt and being a careful saver, as well as working around 20 hours a week on top of study.

Basically plot out your income in advance, and allocate only a portion of it to spending money if possible. I'd get 600 a week, but I'd give myself maybe 120 dollars a week to actually spend, so it was a quick process. Stop wasting money on beer and drugs too, and fuck new clothes.
>>
>>1169879
Thanks for your answer.
I'm from France but I have lots of work currently. Maybe I'll look for a student job later.
>>
File: IMG_0910.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0910.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1169155

We were at the hostel and we got word of a party going on out in the desert. The only way we could find it is by walking around the streets and getting picked up in a taxi that actually knew where it was located. xD

we had to follow random groups of locals until we found a ride. No joke, we were off roading for like 15 to 20 minutes and then we arrived. Small, locals only rave party. shit was so awesome.

nothing much to do in that town, but its a great stop before you head over into Bolivia! Ill never forget that stop.

Picture related, Calama Chile.
>>
The problem with the Inca Trail is that it's quite crowded and you need to book in advance. An alternative trek to Machu Picchu is the Salkantay Trail. It's much cheaper, less crowded and you don't need to have a guide.
>>
If you go to Arequipa you should climb Chachani. It's over 6000m but not technical.
>>
Are there any regions of Chile or Argentina with pure white people? I would move there and have kids with a white Latino qt 3.14
The scenery is god tier.
>>
I have read that one can look at getting a LATAM pass or a one world pass to help save costs.

Is this viable, how much are you looking at saving, whenever I google it older forum threads crop up with dead links.
>>
>>1170627
south chile / argentina seems to be mostly white only because cold
>>
>>1170217

That picture is not from Calama. It's from San Pedro de Atacama.
>>
>>1171166
its from Calama ya ding dong.
>>
anyone know any good hostels to stay at in Santiago/Cusco/Buenos Aires? Not looking for a party hostel or anything
>>
>>1171166

Thank you for the post, you're right this picture is from San Pedro De Atacama.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.