[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Birthday abroad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: _DSC8259.jpg (2MB, 4645x4000px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC8259.jpg
2MB, 4645x4000px
Help. It's my birthday today and until yesterday I always had some travel companions. Now there are only some ignorant Israelis in my hotel, who don't seem to be interested in anything but theirselves.

What do you do on your birthdays, when away from home? Today I have exactly nothing to do, besides answering half-hearted whatsapp messenges.
>>
>>1168371
Meh, just deal with it. Considering you still have time to travel, there will be other birthdays. You are doing more for your birthday than other people
>>
>>1168377
Thanks for your respond. Sure, but sitting in a hotel room isn't the best thing to do I guess. Maybe I'll go eating out tonight
>>
>>1168407
I celebrated my 21st on a field exercise while innamilitary. All I got was a 30 second pause, a water canteen toast, and a whispered "hip hip hooray" from my sarge and squad mates. Then we continued onwards toward our objective in freezing cold after zero sleep and 40 miles of hiking.

That remains one of my most memorable birthdays to this day. So make the best out of what you got and be happy that you're alive to see another revolution around the sun.
>>
>>1168410
Wow this definitely sounds memorable.

Thanks for the respond
>>
happy birthday anon!
>>
Same thing I do at home: open a beer, say cheers, and move along as if it was any other day.
>>
>>1168454
That's what I'll do.
>>1168439
Thank you anon
>>
>>1168462
Go outside, see what happens. Do stuff during the day and mention to strangers with which you are talking that its your birthday.

Just be proactive and try to make something happen. I used to do that and now I think it's stupid because you don't mark it as being special. And if you're taking the time to think about it and write this here, its also special to you.
>>
>caring about something as trivial as your birthday

Christmas, new year and my birthday are all in short sequence of each other. I was in South America during all three. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary.
>>
Go to a bar, try to find some new drinks and more importantly, new friends. Mention on the side that you're having your birthday drink and they may give you some tips or just take you out yourself.

Oh and happy b-day, anon!
>>
>>1168484
This is good, thanks. Talked to some nice guys.
>>1168491
Yeah more or less the same with me now. But that's nothing I'm used to, that's why I posted here
>>1168509
Good tip, would have done this, if I wouldn't start a 12 days trek tomorrow morning

Oh and thank you!
>>
Did a last-minute first date with a super-hot local girl in Colombia. I didn't tell her about my birthday at first, but eventually it came out that it was hers the next day. We ended up making out in the park at midnight, good memory.
>>
>>1168371
Fucking normie
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.