[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FINLAND THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: burbo.png (352KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
burbo.png
352KB, 640x480px
I'm going to Finland in January. Anyone been? How did you find it? What do you recommend I do?
>>
Which part and for how long? It will be cold and dark.
>>
>>1167978

Two nights in Helsinki then driving up to a cabin near Jyvaskyla.
>>
Do the girls, they're super easy and chill.
Millionaire’s Club in Helsinki is great if you're into nightlife.
>>
File: 1458911705154.png (55KB, 528x1525px) Image search: [Google]
1458911705154.png
55KB, 528x1525px
>>1167977
bring your own knife
>>
Perkele
>>
>>1167977
>How did you find it?

I saw it on a map and thought I might as well go there. Went to Tallinn and took a boat to Helsinki there. You can see Finland from far away on the boat; just stay onboard and you can't miss it.
Others fly to Finland by plane. In that case you don't need to find Finland yourself. Your pilot will know where the country is so don't worry about it.
>>
Suomi on pommi :D
>>
>>1168020
Topkek
>>
>>1167977
Seriously cancel your trip if you still can.

Finns are robotic psychopaths who cannot process human emotion. Literally you will feel a kind of hopeless depression as soon as you land in the airport. Nobody is happy. Nobody enjoys life or feels any sort of joy. When people speak, it is flat, emotionless. They do not acknowledge humor, for them there is nothing in life worth smiling over. They keep their physical and emotional distance at all times, even if you are sleeping with a girl it will be as if you engaged in cyber sex with an AI program. They are like robots using the beta tester version of an emotion chip. There is an eerie silence in public places like shopping plazas or restaurants, people simply have nothing to say.

Don't go to Finland.
>>
>>1167980
I think that drinking is the only thing you can do in the winter. All the touristy stuff like sights and walking won't be nice since it's really cold and completely dark the whole day. Maybe go to an outside skating rink if you're into hockey. Not sure where you'd get skates though.

Are u going in the weekend or mid-week? As of nightlife there isn't much going on mid-week. Weekends are pretty good for partying.

yeah and don't go to this club lmao
>>1168012
>>
>>1168039
>sincerely, a Finn
>>
>>1168039

What is the difference between an extroverted and an introverted Finn?

An extroverted Finn looks at the shoes of the guy he is talking to instead of his own.
>>
>>1167977
Finland, surprisingly enough, has very delicious chocolate and pastries. You should try those with some coffee or glögi.

I suppose you could go cross-country skiing or something like that in Jyväskylä, but it will be extremely cold in January so be prepared.
>>
Definitely try skiing, try ice swimming (hole in ice on sea or lake). In Jyväskylä there's the Alvar Aalto museum... And some churches...

...Though really, if you want the snow and cold and dark, go to Lapland rather. If you want to see other stuff, come on summertime. Not that much to see or do in winter if you're not into winter sports I'm afraid.
>>
Me and gf are planning to go in November, 3-4 days in Helsinki for museums, hikes etc then a couple of days in Rovaniemi chasing dat northern lights. Any tips?
>>
>>1168115
Be prepared for the darkness. There wont be any snow yet in the south, so darkness will be extra dark.
>>
>>1168039
Sounds good to me, me and my gf hate interacting with other people. What's a reasonable amount to spend on a pukko?
>>
Id recommend a visit to the Finno-Korean hyperwar museum in helsinki. Definitely worth the wait in the queue
>>
File: IMG_8880.png (5MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8880.png
5MB, 1242x2208px
Eat this for breakfast at the Countdown supermarket. They are delicious. Finnish accents are kawaii senpai desu
>>
Why are you going in January?
Seriously the worst time ever. It's miserable in the big citys of the south because there probably isn't any snow, just grey, wet, shitty and cold, and in the north/middle, like Jyväskylä, it is fucking cold.
And dead. Everyone has spent all their money during christmas so January and February are infamously boring when no one is doing anything.
Many finns also spend the first month as "dropless January" meaning they wont be touching the bottle.
Although, I'm sure you'll find places where people are getting hammered.
>>
Go to sompasauna (if it's still there)
>>
>>1168433

Good to know. I went in May and saw good deals around Dec-Jan but I guess it's dark 24/7 around that time? I didn't know that.
>>
>>1168467
Yes it's dark all the time, especially the more north you venture.
But, if you're going during that time, you should embrace it and head north, see the 24/7 night, good snow and beauty of it. In the south, in the cities it's just the worst, disgusting misery.
>>
>>1168199
It's "puukko", double vowels matter in Finnish. Just don't buy one from the Helsinki market square, those are overpriced tourist junk. Actually, don't ever buy anything from the Helsinki market square, unless it's something edible.
>>
Here's a tip: Get out of Helsinki on the first bus or train after your plane/ship arrives.
The less time you spend there, the more time you'll actually spend in Finland.
>>
>>1169230
Seconded.
>>
I was in central Finland earlier this year, since you'll be going while its dark you wont be able to enjoy my favourite bit, which was just enjoying nature and the quiet.
Make sure you get >>1168376 and have it with some eggbutter.
>>
>>1169230
>>1169234
>the capital is totally NOT the REAL Finland mate!

Sure is RealTraveler™ in here.
>>
>>1169263
But dear resident of Helsinki, it is of general acknowledgement that the capital is the less enjoyable place in Finland.

t: Kuopio
>>
File: 1471948792001.png (14KB, 528x404px) Image search: [Google]
1471948792001.png
14KB, 528x404px
>>1169268
>t. bönde pro
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.