[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transsiberian Railway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (148KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
148KB, 640x960px
I'm going to to visit Vladivostok in September, we will get by this famous train. I need some tips about alc/drugs, how to survive almost week in railway? Is it safe, is it worth? How about Vladivostok? Is it worth to stay few days?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
A week in the train is really better than it sounds. I just travelled from Moscow to Beijing and the train became like a home to me. Grab some good books and get enough noodles and foods you can make with just adding boiling water. Look out the window and talk with other passangers, buy some cheap alc from the stops in the middle of Siberia. Have fun
>>
Thanks for reply!
How about other passengers age/attitude?
How about smoking cigarettes?
Which language is most popular except from russian?
>>
In my bucket list that line.

Just hope relations don't go to shit before I'm able to do it.
>>
>>1167947
Sorry for my bad english.
1. Ages can be different from children to old men. Attitudes different too. Passengers or don't care about you either want to talk with you all time. By the way, russians very interested in foreighners and always. They can be very curious even if they don't know language (yes, they will try to talk with you in Russian) but never hostile.
2. In Russia it's forbidden to smoke in train by law. But some people don't care about law and smoking in toilet
3. You can find english speaker but it's luck not regularity.
>>
Which class did you travel? I heard about 3, i consider first (cheapest) or second, more comfortable. Is it good idea? Tell me everything what you consider as a curious or useful,but also boring, I want to know everything
>>
>>1167996
I never traveled from Moskow to Vladivostok, and just don't know what trains use on Transsiberian Railway . But i'm russian and I can answer your question about russian trains.

In long-distance train we don't divide carriages by classes. It's little different. There is carriages with compartments - like here http://www.sukhumkurort.ru/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/double-decker_train_013.jpg No showers, two toilets in carriage. Low-middle price.

There is so-called "platzkart" - like compartment but without doors. That can be very funny or very horrible. Its low price, so you understand who can be your fellow travellers. Two toilets, no shower.

There are carriages with high-comfort compartments. Within them can be TV, shower. But there is many configurations of it in different trains. It's really comfortable, but real Russian soul you can knowing only in platzkart or compartments he-he)
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1167996
I travelled in the 2nd class because I wanted to do the "week in a train" thing. There is no option for "platzkart" when crossing borders so it would be cheaper to have some stops on the way so you can travel in the 3rd class as much as possible.

The train stops a few times a day (you can see something from the first pic I posted) so you can have a smoke or two outside, but if you need to smoke more often I think you can have a sneaky smoke time in between the train cars. Atleast some of the trains staff did that.
>>
>>1167932
Imo it's a total waste of time, and the only feeling you'll get is about how much would you pay for a shower. If you really want to go through Russian shitholes, rent a car, THIS will give lots of stuff to remember, believe me, along with more or less comfy living conditions.
t. Russian
>>
>>1168013
I would be really scared to do that
>shit road conditions
>shit drivers
>corrupt police who will pull you over for anything
>>
>>1168056
That's totally correct, hence the memories. Trans Siberian, on the other hand, is a long, long travel in a stinky compartment with a bunch of degenerates.
>>
>>1168087
What if I'm a stinky degenerate myself?
>>
OP here, I'm a stinky degenerate so sounds great, transsib>car imo, fuck comfortable conditions, I want to get drunk whenever, I don't like to worry about petrol or sth, in train i will be more safe
>>
>>1168139
Will you take a whole compartment or just share it with someone? If 2nd, you might be kicked out of the train in the middle of your journey for drinking, and I WOULD NOT recommend ever putting yourself in this position.
>>
That would be shame, is it confirmed that drinking alc is forbidden and restricted?
>>
get fucked OP
tryhard wannabe "adventure" fuck
>>
>>1168197
Yep, drinking while using public transport is forbidden.
Here's a link to the rule from our Administrative Code:
http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_34661/9352f1eb3b96ec7cabd77615288a9ee37a818173/
Also there's a general rule for disturbing other passangers. If you'll do that (and, trust me, a lot people consider being in the same compartment with a drunk person for a few days MORE THAN DISTURBING), you'll be kicked out of the train.
Here's the rule for that (it is very general though, but please be sure they WILL consider drinking on train as disturbing):
>B cooтвeтcтвии c пoдпyнктoм "a" пyнктa 36 Пpaвил oкaзaния ycлyг пo пepeвoзкaм нa жeлeзнoдopoжнoм тpaнcпopтe пaccaжиpoв, a тaкжe гpyзoв, бaгaжa и гpyзoбaгaжa для личных, ceмeйных, дoмaшних и иных нyжд, нe cвязaнных c ocyщecтвлeниeм пpeдпpинимaтeльcкoй дeятeльнocти, yтвepждeнных пocтaнoвлeниeм Пpaвитeльcтвa Poccийcкoй Фeдepaции oт 02.03.2005 № 111 пaccaжиp мoжeт быть yдaлeн из пoeздa paбoтникaми opгaнoв внyтpeнних дeл - ecли oн пpи пocaдкe в пoeзд или в пyти cлeдoвaния нapyшaeт пpaвилa пpoeздa, oбщecтвeнный пopядoк и мeшaeт cпoкoйcтвию дpyгих пaccaжиpoв.

I personally saw several people being kicked out of the train for drinking.
>>
>>1167932
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHfroJBMlVM

Obligatory story before boarding a train in Russia. Long but worth it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1168197
If you go in 2nd class, you are most likely to have the whole cabin for yourself atleast at some point of the journey so drinking won't be a problem then. Most of the people aren't going the whole way, so there can be many different people travelling with you in the cabin. Some might even offer you a drink with them. And if you get to know someone who has a cabin all for themself, you can drink with no worry there. Plus there is a restaurant car where you can drink anytime when it's open
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.