[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm very interested in the German language and hope to visit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: alemanha.jpg (125KB, 988x652px) Image search: [Google]
alemanha.jpg
125KB, 988x652px
i'm very interested in the German language and hope to visit someday. i plan on going to school for it in Cleveland and it would help to get some insight from anyone that speaks it or even some some native people from Germany.
>>
>>1167871
Learning a second language is useful if you will use it.

It might be very useful if you plan to work somewhere in Europe where it could be used.

It's very unlikely you would ever use it in the USA, but you should follow your interests.

It's free for foreigners to study at the university level in Germany, btw.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32821678
>>
A lot of people are trying to learn German in order to go to a University for free. I self studied before going to my local university to sign up for an advanced German course. I started off using apps to learn words such as Memrise, then I started reading and translating childrens books starting from books you would read as a small child first starting school. Then goosebumps from R.L. Stein, and then Harry Potter and Eragon. By the time I started reading popular novels I had a pretty decent vocabulary. I started speaking it using Google Translate voice option and it picked up most of my words I pronounced correctly. The most awkward part was looking for German native speakers to have a conversation with. I paid tutors to speak to me in German who were all pretty happy that I had already started learning and past the "ja, nein, bette, danke, hallo" stage. I traveled to Frankfurt for 2 weeks and whenever I spoke to someone I asked them to correct my grammar. I am far from fluent as a native speaker but Germans have not gave me a hard time with speaking their language I think because they know I am at least trying. I often wonder if they get pissed when Americans talk to them and just expect the Germans to know English.
>>
>>1167876
Man, I can't express my thanks for this site. I have been wanting to pursue a master's degree and live in Germany but the fear of costs and difficulty of admission have kept me from spending much time researching the possibility. With this, the misconceptions I held were cleared so thank you. Do you know anything about the chance of finding work in Germany after the program is complete?
>>
>>1167917
I really have no idea, but you would honestly be better off asking on Krautchan (if you are unfamiliar with that site, just Google it).

Go to their /int/ board and you'll get plenty of responses from real Germans, and much faster than on here.
>>
>>1167917
You could check http://www.make-it-in-germany.com/en or https://www.arbeitsagentur.de/web/content/EN/index.htm to see the demand for whatever you wanna do when you're finished.
>>
>>1167917
Germany got a strong export oriented economy. Mayor trade partners are English speaking countries. Company’s are always looking for qualified employees. You can easily find a job. In a German company doing business with America. Or in an American company doing business with Germany.
>>
>>1167871
what exactly do you want to know? I am a german university student
>>
Other fag here
Goethe institute offers German courses in the following cities:
-Berlin
-Bonn
-Bremen
-Dresden
-Düsseldorf
-Frankfurt
-Freiburg
-Gottingen
-Hamburg
-Heildeberg
-Mannheim
-Münich
-Schwäbisch Hall

Which of these cities has the best to offer to a German language student in the following issues:
-Immersion (i.e., less immigrants)
-Live cost
-Fun things to do there and in the outskirts
-Overall
>>
>>1170354
I forgot:
- the most neutral accent.
>>
>>1170354
Have you taken their classes? Are they very good?
>>
>>1167871
I see there are already a couple of people who told you about studying in Germany and id you're really interested in that I would advise you to visit studierenin.de .

Two and a half years ago I made up my mind about wanting to study in a foreign country (not only for cultural reasons and travel, but also because of financial), here I should also mention that I'm bulgarian, and a week later I started a german course from basic level. Basically I was 10th grade back then and I was doing it after school and during the weekends. Two years later I got my certificate and this week I officially arrived and am now living in Germany as a foreign student. Now my german isn't perfect at all but as long as you can relay the message that you want ot's ok I guess. Overall if you actually decide to come here to study you should also consider the housing markets. For example I wanted to go to Munich and I got accepted there but I couldn't find a place to live, because the housing market there is terrible and I'm on a budget. That's why I ended up in Dortmund instead. People normally say that the Ruhrgebiet is a shithole, but from what I've seen so far it's ok. Sure Munich is better but the cost of living is also higher.

P.S. I actually had a thread on the topic a few months back.
>>
>>1170443
Do you have any idea about the difficult of getting a job after graduation?
>>
>>1170448
It depends on your field really.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.