[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Peru General Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0809.jpg (200KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0809.jpg
200KB, 1280x853px
I'm moving on from Colombia to Peru in a few days and looking for any and all advice from folks that have been.

From what I've heard it sounds like it's a bit over-touristed, but I'd love to hear recommendations on genuinely cool stuff to do, good hostels, advice on fucking the locals, etc.

So, Peru General Thread.
>>
>>1167837
>From what I've heard it sounds like it's a bit over-touristed
Only Cusco, Nazca and Arequipa.
But no matter how tourist allergic you are, you must not miss Cusco. I didn't go to Machu Picchu though, because I also have this allergy somewhat. There is a ton to see in and around Cusco to keep you busy for 10 days. Some attractions receive many tourists, others fewer.
Nazca and Arequipa also have their reasons to merit a visit though. And it's not nearly as badly swarmed by tourists and touts as other places in the world. You'll be fine.
You might think the Colca Canyon would be a good reason to go to Arequipa. The city itself is very beautiful, but I found the canyon near Chachapoyas, a city in the north of Peru, more impressive, not to mention much cheaper. They charge westerners 70 Soles for the Colca Canyon (21,30 usd, 19,35 euro), the one near Chachapoyas is like only one euro.
Chachapoya itself is also a fantastic destination. There are many archaeological sites to check out, though some are remote and require you go with a tour. Others may be inaccessible due to rain. Don't let these two concerns stop you from going there though.
Another place you should definitely check out would be the Ballesta Islands.

>good hostels
>going to hostels in Peru
There are cheap hotels on every street corner, no matter how lost you are. I don't understand why Peruvians need so many hotels. And they're all cheap as fuck too. I'm talking 10 euros for a clean private room with a private bathroom and wifi. If 10 euros is too much and you're trying to save money just go to the next one.

>advice on fucking the locals
Miraflores in Lima and Cusco.
I never actually went out in Cusco or Lima, so I can't talk from personal experience about these two places.
However, I did lose my virginity to a hotel receptionist in some random city. She immediately fell in love with me because I'm a gently and kind beta, instead of being a misogynist macho like every single Peruvian man.
>>
>>1167949
Sounds like Vietnam with the hotels. That's perfect, I prefer getting hotels and getting to know local girls instead of backpackers. Seems like the backpackers are generally very young in Peru anyways.

So is Peru the kind of country where you never really need advance reservations?

This is month 11 so I'm definitely tourism-allergic, and I want to improve my Spanish so I'd love to explore some random cities that see zero tourists.
>>
If you are looking for less touristy places, I can recommend Choquequirao. It is like Machu Picchu but with less tourists and a bit smaller. You need to hike 1,5 days there. For more information have a look at wikitravel: http://wikitravel.org/en/Choquequirao
>>
>>1168064
>So is Peru the kind of country where you never really need advance reservations?
Yes.

>This is month 11
Oh wow, please tell us more.
>>
>>1168085
RTW trip, 3rd continent, don't want to go home yet. It's not that exciting, lots of us are out there.
>>
Yooooo I just went to Macchu Picchu with my mom
AMA
Will post pics through iphone
>>
>>1168358
You can read a billion accounts of Macchu Picchu online and see as many pictures as you want too. But what about the other things you're doing there, in Cusco or Peru in general?
>>
So I'm going to Peru in january, I've been told it's rainy season and I might not get to go to some places. That's completely fine with me, the thing is that I'll go for two weeks and I want to go to Cuzco, Arequipa, Lima and then head for the beaches in the north (Mancora, Vizcayiyo and Organos)

is it really possible with that little time? I guess I could take a flight there from Lima, because the 20h bus ride is kind of a bummer for me, I don't want to lose two days travelling (My flight back is from Lima again)

Any recommendations from somebody who did this?? I'll be lurking this thread in the next few days.

Also, is it possible to go to Peru across the Titicaca lake??
>>
Last week I made a 5 day trip to the following places:

Day 1: Cusco city tour (Plaza de armas, Central church, Koricancha temple, Saqsayhuaman ruins)

Day 2: Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountain) trek. AWESOMEST PART OF THE TRIP BY FAR. Seeing the Andes Snow peaks really close, sub 10 degrees Celsius temperatures, 5000 meters high, riding horses to the top, and getting in a hail storm on the way down. Suffered the whole day but the view at the top was worth it.

Day 3: Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisac Market, Ollantaytambo ruins, Buffet lunch, and bus+train to aguas calientes)

Day 4: Machu pichu, aguas calientes thermal waters, train+bus to cusco

Day 5: Maras salt flats, Moray runis.
That night took a plane to Lima, and visited Parque de la Reserva (the best water fountain show on whole south america, colored lights and laser reflections on water)

First 4 days booked in advance before the trip on the website loki travel, and last day was a spur of the moment thing since we had nothing planned for that day

Any details please ask
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.