[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

London

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: london-3.jpg (3MB, 3024x2016px) Image search: [Google]
london-3.jpg
3MB, 3024x2016px
Travelling to London for a wee, what must-sees are really must-sees and what should i skip?
>>
>>1167484
Depends on your interests.

I think in all cities, skip the wax museum. That's a safe bet. The rest? Enjoyable for history lovers, shoppers, and so forth. Whether you'd think skipping the Tower of London or seeing iconic bridges on the Thames, hey, it's about you. Whether you'd enjoy the food in Harrods or craft stalls in the markets, or drinks in the places they were invented, I dunno. Some of the things to do in London require money to splurge on nice well made items or some interest in literary and historical things, or religious things.

Get a guide. There's nothing overrated (other than Ramsey), just relative to your interests, time and frankly, educational level/class.
>>
>>1167484
>traveling to London for a wee

You probably shouldn't use expressions you don't understand
>>
>>1167504
Perhaps he literally is traveling t London to add to his list of cities where he has taken a wee.

That would only take a moment, hence he has lots of time to do other stuff but no real ideas.
>>
>>1167504
Let's operate on the assumption OP is not a dithering fool (lel) and meant 'week'.

OP: go and have a drink in Gordon's wine bar, on Embankment. Pretty cool place, but be sure you come early: it's tiny and it gets packed.
>>
>>1167498
>I think in all cities, skip the wax museum
I don't understand the fascination by so many people with that shit.
>>
Any hostel recommendations for London?
>>
>>1167666
Lies, Satan, you invented the damn things!

I used to go to the one in Myrtle Beach when it was a few thousand degrees outside, just for the sheer amazing kitschiness of it, plus the AC.
>>
>>1167484
I enjoyed the museums and the Tintin merch store back when I was a kid. Everything else was kinda lame, though. I enjoyed the English countryside (especially by train/bicycle) much more.

>>1167666
me either, there's one in my city and I've never been to it, never will.
>>
Not OP, but I'm thinking of getting an airbnb in Gloucester Street, Pimlico. Is this a convenient location?
>>
>Going to Londonistan

Enjoy your halal food and African pickpockets.
>>
>>1167982
Go back to pol
>>
>>1167990
He's been here for a while. Let's hope he goes back to his hole soon. In the meantime, report that shitposter when you see him.
>>
>>1167990

I live in London, mate.
>>
>>1167484
>Travelling to London for a wee
I wouldn't, they charge 20p for the bogs there
Better off pissing at home, mate
>>
Also travelling to London. I would like stay at a hotel in a beautiful neighborhood, not necessarily turistic. Which are some beautiful neighborhoods in the city? I heard Chelsea is pretty nice.
>>
File: muhfeefees.jpg (64KB, 566x943px) Image search: [Google]
muhfeefees.jpg
64KB, 566x943px
>>1167990
>oh noes, an opinion that deviates from that which my marxist female teachers have taught me is the correct one
>better correct the record
Really made me think, I hope Shkreli buys the site and bans people who can't handle banter
>>
>>1168025

Quite often you'll find that people don't bother flushing public toilets too. They just leave their turds in the pan nestled in a bed of skidmaked paper. Nobody knows why they do this, maybe it is the sense of pride they feel for a job well done that they wish to share with others, maybe it is marking the grunting house as their territory as a dog would or maybe that is what they do at home and their houses stink of shit as a result. Either way you see this in all public toilets all over the world, the worst I saw it was in the toilets of St Marks Basilica in Venice, a great festering pile of fecal matter that some chav had left there in the middle of one of the most opulent and beautiful buildings man has ever created. Never go somewhere just to use the toilets as you will be disappointed, always dump or slash in your own home or hotel.
>>
>>1167666

It's ok if you like celbs and stuff like that, but you'll find a decent one in most big tourist cities these days. My Wife wanted to go to Madamme Tussauds last time we were in London and I have to admit it was just about worth the money to get hilarious photos of me giving Margaret Thatcher the middle finger and making a wanker gesture by David Cameron. Was most looking forward to its chamber of Horrors, but it turns out that is shit nowadays and only has about 3 exhibits.
>>
>>1167667
Palmers Lodge is my favourite. Curtained wooden bunks and a really chill vibe.

I will ALWAYS stay here when travelling to London in the future but if you don't like a long walk into the city (I do) it might not be for you.

The British Museum is a must. If you like Military history there's shitloads of museums to enjoy. Imperial War Museum, The British Army Museum... I don't even remember theres lots of them.

I love swords and weapons so my favourite place in London is the Wallace Collection. Holy shit I'd never heard of it but it was featured in the corner of a hostel* map and it was potentially the best Museum experience I've had that didn't feature operating armoured vehicles. Free too.

*That was Astor Museum a bog standard more youthy hostel right beside the British Museum. If I hadn't booked so many days in advance I'd have got out of there sooner.

I hated London the first few times I ended up there but i don't like cities. If you know you're in for a very cosmopaulitan and frankly pretty unfriendly supercity then it can be pretty enjoyable.

Also needless to say:
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37298803
>>
>>1169587
Could just be that he toilets don't flush properly
>>
>>1169587
>Never go somewhere just to use the toilets

I want a t-shirt that says this...
>>
>>1169588
>chamber of Horrors
Wax Museum "Chambers of Horrors" are in a difficult spot, in the era of CGI horror movies and live broadcasts of terrorist executions. How you gonna compete?
>>
Check out all the big museums and art galleries (British Museum, Science Museum, National Art Gallery and Tate Modern are the best). Visit Harrods and Hamlies, also Camden Market + Borough Market.

Touristy areas will be Westminister Bridge (and that whole area surrounding it, Big Ben, London Eye, Westminister etc.), Buckingham Palace and Covent Gardens so you might wanna steer clear of those.

Also get an Oyster card for the bus/underground. You'll save a lot on fares. It's basically a contactless ('tap') card you use to get around.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.