[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jamaica. how dangerous is it really. friend is getting married

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1474380809611.jpg (253KB, 1500x977px) Image search: [Google]
1474380809611.jpg
253KB, 1500x977px
Jamaica. how dangerous is it really. friend is getting married at a resort there. I like to explore and go off the resorts. but I'm seeing a lot of conflicting opinions online. anyone been? I went to St Kitts and it was totally normal to walk or go anywhere. Pretty much no crime. I know jamaica is a lot different. just wondering.
>>
File: P1040508.jpg (4MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
P1040508.jpg
4MB, 3648x2736px
>>1167225
There are a couple of areas around Kingston, and such, that you'd be wiser to avoid. Most of the Island is fine though. The resorts over-sell that if you set foot outside their limits you will fie, so that you will stay on the property and run up a bar bill.
>>
It's the same as most non white countries, yes it probably is more dangerous than where you came from.

But there's a bigger hassle in that you're always targeted by touts and overcharged.

Get a reputable taxi driver to show you around.
>>
>>1167225
Please watch the weather reports on hurricane Matthew. Possibly hitting Jamaica next week. Cat 4. If it hits Jamaica it will probably be the worst storm since Gilbert.
>>
>>1167225
>.22lr AK variants
>dangerous
If that's the standard armament of Jamaican thugs you won't have much to worry about
>>
My GF and I were there for a week in June. Stayed in a resort in Montego Bay. The last night we took a shuttle bus down to Margaritaville (I think). She was very nervous. There were only locals there, we were the only tourists. We didn't have any issues, but we also felt kind of out of place and left out.

We heard all the stuff about it being dangerous and stay at your resort as well. It didn't seem that bad, but it was a very limited sample to judge.
>>
Jamaica isn't too bad. Expect a bunch of people to come up to you to sell you shitty weed.
>>
>>1167349
These guys don't look that Jamaican
>>
>>1167225
It's dangerous, despite what you wish or how you think it looks or what anyone says here in thread. It's absolutely dangerous for you, even if you live there.
/thread

Now, if you want to get off the resort, note that people do leave resorts. They don't wander around like an idiot, they hire drivers, guides, or go on tours, and visit the natural flora and fauna. Safety in numbers and even safer with a good local. It's better in the season, numbers that is, and it's worse when you do things like drugs, alcohol and late night clubs. That's when you want to be on your resort. Go to Jamaica for the food, the beaches, and music, but don't think for a second you can intermingle with the locals. It's violent crime, the kind that leaves no witnesses. And, they hate you, the rich tourist. It's been part of their political system since they left the Crown. The only thing is that the economy got worse and worse for all of the Caribbean. It's expensive to live there, and there are no jobs outside of lower pay positions, unless you are an oil island, or banking center, and even that doesn't mean much prosperity, just more criminals.
>>
OP here. another question. weed. I've. ever asked around for drugs or the few times I've had someone asked me if wanted some I've turned them down. but everyone talks about jamaica and weed. how do I go about buying it? should I wait for someone to offer. also I'm from Canada and don't want shitty weed. what do?
>>
>>1167592
Fucking racist! Jamaica clearly needs more diversity if you don't think they look Jamaican enough
>>
>>1167788
Weed will find you. If you don't get offered before even making it to your hotel, walk along the beach for a while. When I was there even the hotel manager offered to get us weed while we were checking in.
>>
>>1167801
They have a sizable Chinese community.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.