[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

China Southern Opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I am taking my wife to Thailand. This will be her first long haul international flight. She will be flying back by herself, as I will remain in Thailand for about 2 weeks beyond her. Is it a satisfactory airline, will she have any issues, esepcially as a first time non-direct flight flyng back, ike crazy dealys that would cause her to miss a flight leg? Should I stick to something like Delta/Skyteam? I am close to a Delta hub so sky team is the cheapest big name carries but cost about $500 more.

If it was me, I'd just go for the lowest price. It's her birthday, as well.
>>
>>1167152
If you care about your spouse's comfort level with foreign travel, I'd stick to at least an American flagship carrier. The staff will be english speaking and care about customer service for all patrons, male and female alike. She'll have the best treatment overall. Will there be any layovers between Thailand and home? You can also take care of a pass to the delta lounge if that's a concern for $50 or so with your credit card.
If you think you can take your $500 and get her into business on the unknown carrier, that might be a fun cultural experience to fly the chinese way.
>>
>>1167154
>Will there be any layovers between Thailand and home?
6.5 in Guangzhou and 3.5 in LA.
>>
I ended up just buying from Delta, which half of that will be Korean Air
>>
>>1167152
>I am taking my wife to Thailand. This will be her first long haul international flight. She will be flying back by herself
Well that will be her second international flight so she'll be fine.

Any carrier should be fine, the attendants will all speak English anyway and they literally train to make ignorant sheeple do what they're supposed to.

It makes no difference whatsoever.
>>
Does anyone know why CZ are so cheap atm? I guess government push
>>
>>1167154
Nah, American carriers are well known for having shit service and terrible food (not as bad as China Southern/Eastern, mind you). Unless you have loads of money it's silly to fly between North America and Asia on anything but ANA, Japan Airlines or Korean Air.
>>
>>1169852
Delta uses Korean Air. Only the first leg of my trip is Delta. Maybe all 3 legs are operated by Korean Air. I have to check.
>>
>>1169146
>Does anyone know why CZ are so cheap atm? I guess government push
They're always kind of cheap, they're just a smaller carrier I think. I flew on them last night, from the bottom to the top of China for about RMB1500 I think.

They have smaller planes, slightly worse service and extras and use tier 2 cities as hubs, it all adds up and saves money I guess.
>>
>>1167154
>I'd stick to at least an American flagship carrier.

Oh fuck no. Practically every other fucking airline on the planet is better. Go with Cathay or KLM for the best experience. Royal Thai can be hit-or-miss; some of their planes are the most modern around, while others haven't been updated since the 1980s (no individual seatback entertainment screens, just good ol' CRT monitors hanging off the ceiling every six rows for displaying the only in-flight movie they'll show).

I'd suggest Emirates except that you'd probably have to fly through Dubai to take them, and that can be insanely dangerous to you and your wife personally. The UAE has pulled some ridiculous stunts to charge tourists with drug possession (like the Brit who got busted because there was a 0.01 gram flake of pot leaf supposedly stuck to the bottom of his shoe -- but you're even at risk if you have a prescription medication that the UAE decides they don't like).

The big American carriers are universally garbage in comparison to the good international airlines.
>>
BTW, OP, (1) Thailand's king just croaked, and the official mourning period is a month, followed by one year of bullshit from the government, and (2) they have zika now, so if your wife is preggers or trying to get preggers, don't go there.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (183KB, 478x696px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
183KB, 478x696px
>>1172433
>ly through Dubai to take them, and that can be insanely dangerous to you and your wife personally.

This is just syuch total nonsense.

Yeah, a decade or two ago, one or two folks got jammed up for stupid local drug laws and such, which would have made sime caution there perhaps justifiable at that time.

Today over 70, 000, 000 passnegers fly in, aout and through DBX every year, not counting a couple of hundred thousand through DWC and whatever the numbers are for Abu Dhabi.

Dubai, being relatively oil-poor compared to neighboring states, makes a large portion of its money off of tourism, releiving their rich neighnors (and, increasingly, Europeans and Asian) of that pesky disposable income that can fatten your wallet and just ruin the line of your suit. The very last thing in the world they want to do is drive tourism away.

Which is why, out of over 70,000,000 annually, people looking to panic about something have to dig up these same three stories about somebody that got into a mess years and years ago.
>>
File: Mosquitoes 001.jpg (486KB, 1600x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Mosquitoes 001.jpg
486KB, 1600x1350px
>>1172434
>so if your wife is preggers or trying to get preggers, don't go there.

Or purchase some "Off." Or "Cutters," I really like their stuff.
>>
>>1172441
I think my keyboard is dying, hopefully that is readable.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.