[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best "Haunted" Locations in the US?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: spool.jpg (232KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
spool.jpg
232KB, 1200x797px
I've been offered a trip to somewhere in the US for my 21st birthday since I've been legal for 3 years I don't really care about partying.

So, best cities with lots of paranormal/haunted stuff to see/do, or just old buildings lots of history in general?

Off top of my head is Chicago and Boston.
>>
>>1167034
Savannah or Charleston, I think actually. I can't remember which one.
>>
>>1167045
Charleston, there are "ghost tours" everywhere here.
>>
>>1167034
Charleston is a nice place for a 21yr old history buff, for sure. Savannah is close too. For creepy history, there's Salem MA of course, and New Orleans, LA. Baltimore has some fun Edgar Allen Poe items. Philadelphia has a creeptastic medical museum, Mutter and some other historical elements in your alley interest. Not being a drinker/party animal doesn't preclude you from anywhere really, even if it has that reputation. Chicago has a lot of local tours and some devil in the white city history, and just great architecture in the first skyscraper city kind of way. Key West is tops

I'm not really into the Haunted kind of travel thing, far too creeped out and I don't want to pick up some spirits as a parting gift for the way home. I do love tours of macabre kind of events in history, though, from Jack the Ripper kind of tours to voodoo and bayou legend history in New Orleans. An evening walking tour, in general, in most towns, is worth the investment. There's a lot of room for chatting between stops. Having a dramatic storyteller is always fun, and most that I've seen are semi-professional types, college professors by day, ancient historians who have been 3rd generation there, just full of information. The worlds best from my experience is probably the guy who did the candlelight tour in Annapolis Nova Scotia, who fed us acadian local food from his wife, Miami's Dr. Carr on the Miami River Tour or Dr. George's Stiltsville tour (which covers some interesting miami vice 80s heydey history still talked about in novels today) and Ken Price who runs this one
https://www.lockwoodrestaurant.com/events/history-is-hott/
My absolute best unique experience was the evening laser light show that used to go on in Teotihuacan, but they made them take down the lights. They animated the founding of the site, in images and gave a tour through history and the culture. It was narrated well, and cold evening desert wind howled :P
>>
>>1167109
My recollection is Savannah has some as well. In fact, I'd wager almost any city with any history has a ghost tour or two. If I were OP, I'd pick some cities I'd want to see for other reasons, then Google "ghost tour" and "haunted tour" for those cities to make a final selection.

Not strictly "ghost" related, and by no means in a city, but the Brown Mountain Lights would be fun to look for, if you happen to be in the NC Mountains. This appearance is sporadic, and last time I paid any attention nobody was really sure what caused them.
>>
>>1167045
>>1167109
>>1167113

I was the first person to mention Savannah and Charleston. It was Savannah I was thinking of, that has fhe reputation of being the most haunted city in America. Here is Travel article on specific places/buildings plus links to related stuff, like ghost towns, the haunted south and the like.

http://www.travelchannel.com/interests/haunted/articles/top-10-most-haunted-places

Here is one of Savannah's tours: http://americasmosthauntedcity.com/
>>
New Orleans is definitely a must for you. The cemeteries there are top notch. I think the east coast is the better destination for spooky travel.
>>
>>1167045
Savannah, GA
>52% black

Charleston, SC
>26% black

New Orleans, LA
>58% black

You might not see any ghosts but you'll see a whole lot of spooks. R.I.P. OP
>>
>>1167115
Yeah I'm an architecture student so I like going to places with older buildings which obviously goes hand in hand with the city with history thing so I guess it all works out.
>>
>>1167224
The real common theme is African with doctor/voodoo/hoodoo stuff in all of these areas. New Orleans is famous for the voodoo. Charleston is has the Geechee/Gullah folks, and that same sort of culture extends down to Savannah, though it's more associated with Gullah Gullah Island.
>>
Ghosts are a scientific impossibility
>>
>>1167869
It's about the atmosphere maaaan
>>
>>1167869
> man will never fly
> it is a scientific impossibility

Humans tend to believe that things they cannot YET explain through current science must be paranormal. Ghosts are real, they can be explained, just not with our current level of understanding.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.