[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you will never travel to Damascus in your lifetime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

>tfw you will never travel to Damascus in your lifetime
>>
Why not?
>>
>>1166958
The sad part is that the desecration, destruction and financial rape of ancient history was a goal of the group that invaded there. There won't be any reason for tourists to visit interesting places of the past anymore.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_of_cultural_heritage_by_ISIL
When you see articles like this, you know how widespread the problem is of no respect for history. Despicable humans.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-22704960
>>
>>1166958
> tfw Clinton/Obama destroyed a piece of history you'll never get to experience
>>
>>1167079
The goal of every act of killing or destruction was intentionally to anger others in hopes to bring opposition forces to the playing field, and start WW3. They believe they are predicted to start that war and theoretically end the world. No one really took the bait, and so random illogical non-human things are still happening. I'd blame govt administrations for a lot of things, but if you look at the bigger picture, certain things have been going on a long long time, before those folks entered the picture. I don't think even Bush could have aimed enough missiles to end ideology about creating an end times run by a new caliphate.

From a travelers perspective, people had been touristing places like these before the current strifes but did so in opposite to what their governments told them were safe (maybe back in the 20s and 30s were the grand ol' days but people had fixer-level guides then). I did it. Others did it. Some still might. Egypt wasn't safe when I was there in '96. Guatemala wasn't safe when I was there in '82. Part of being able to blend in and not be a target only gets you so far if you look like a Westerner. So, though others can play risks, I agree with OP that not everyone could. Right now, I'd say Syria would have at least 25 years before the kind of stability could happen to make a tourist take risks. Syrians in my country probably never would go back, as they know their hometowns got bulldozer level treatment. As someone who lived through a hurricane, I can tell you that 20 years is only a month of progress to a city that was devastated. Even a large city like Mexico DF took 20 years to recover from a major earthquake. There has to be a reason to pour money into infrastructure and plenty of jobs to get organized again.
>>
>>1167075
It feels weird looking at old tourist photos of Westerners around these landmarks.
>>
>>1167079
>implying Reagan didn't fund and trained Islamic fundamentalists during the Cold War.
>>
File: mitchell.gif (311KB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
mitchell.gif
311KB, 500x268px
>>1167075
this is fucking super villain type shit. how do you not have a "are we the baddies" type moment when you're doing something like that?
>>
>>1167132
They can light people on fire, behead living humans, take muslim women married with families and children as sex slaves... anything goes. I can't imagine the kind of human who can do more than just be a solidier instead of starvation back at home. Anyone who buys their oil or trades in their funding for soldier pay is culpable, but what drives them?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/21/islamic-state-destroyed-ancient-saint-eliane-monastery-syria-says-priest
A local doctor friend of friend told me 3-4 years ago about what happened in a town close to her grandmother in Syria (who was too weak to travel to the US to be with her). The christians of the town were forced out of their homes, the males were all shot and the women and children were told to leave. Houses were looted then burned down. They they destroyed their church. Hard to believe that it makes any kind of sense, when they do that to their own history and monuments too though, or their own factions.
>>
>>1167069
Mudslims which will behead you are a con to visit damascus
>>
>>1167129
>implying Afghanistan = Syria

Obama's administration created Arab Spring to destabilize the middle east in Saudi Arabia and Israel's advantage. Their main goal was to remove Ghaddafi and Assad but fucked up after realizing how much support Assad actually had.

There's a reason why US warplanes bomb Syrian soldiers and not ISIS or Al-Nursa. Why else would America get all pissy about Russia killing terrorists? Do you want to explain how 30 US military contractors were killed in Aleppo at a terrorist training ground last month by Russian warplanes?

Sure, Reagan is an idiot who fucked up the middle east as well but Obama/Hillary quadrupled what Reagan and Bush did combined. If Hillary is elected I can assure you without any doubt at all that the middle east will be a war zone for the next 50+ years.

Constant warfare = never ending profits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4vD6JpJAFI
>>
/trv/ is supposed to have janitors, right? I have seen completely normal posts deleted. And yet /pol/ garbage like this stays up.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.