[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Hamsun.jpg (221KB, 718x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hamsun.jpg
221KB, 718x1000px
Hi guys
i want to travle Australia. Feel the vibe, and culture. I am going to travle alone, because my friends are either broke, retarded or enlisted in the army. Im from europe btw.

Anyway, this backpacking trip will be challenging, since ive never visted Australia before. Inb4 visit another country.
What should i do there?
Where should i visit?
Where to sleep/eat?
>>
What states did you want to visit?
>>
Thought about the north coast, i want to learn how to surf and shit atleast
>>
If you want to experience Australia for what it is, you should go during our summer or spring. It will be hot as fuck for someone coming from Europe, but if you go in winter it would just be like visiting a less cultured, less interesting version of Europe, so you may as well go to America.

>What should i do there?
It would probably be best to spend most of your time on the east coast. We are well known for our beaches and there are plenty of good ones to visit. The two meme ones are the Gold coast in Queensland and Bondi beach in Sydney.

As far as major cities go, they don't really have too much to offer, at least much less than European cities - aside from the capital cities, city tourism mainly relies on beaches and other natural attractions. Visiting Sydney probably a good idea, however.

One good region to visit (quite a large region) is the north coast of NSW. There are quite a few nice coastal cities and towns, such as Byron Bay, Coffs Harbour, Nambucca Heads and Port Macquarie. Keep in mind these are quite a distance apart. These will be good if you are into beach life and want to experience that aspect of Australia.

Another region I highly recommend from my experience is the Blue Mountains region. Aside from a number of cosy small towns like Bowral, there are tonnes of outdoor/scenic activities due to the Blue Mountains national park.

Also worth visiting on the east coast is the south coast of NSW. There are a couple of good coastal, beachy cities like Kiama, but I found the best aspect of this region to be the small towns such as Berry which can be quite relaxing and comfy.

As for more inland regions, you'll have to travel a bit further, however they show a completely different side of Australia and in my opinion are just as interesting than the coastal cities as far as culture goes. The quintessential ones to visit are Armidale, Orange, Bathurst, Mudgee, Cowra and Goulburn (in my opinion).
>>
Go on a working holiday visa. Going there Nov 1 doing farmwork for 6 months.
>>
>>1167455
I can't really help you with the specifics of what you should do in these places, such as where to eat or where to sleep. I visited those places quite a while ago, many as a child, and I don't really remember most of the things I did there. However, as long as you have an idea of where you want to go, you can just search for things to do on the internet, it should be pretty easy to find ideas.

Also, it is worth noting that it is very important that you either plan your activities beforehand or be prepared to search for things to do. Australian towns and less populated cities aren't like European ones where you can have a few places you want to visit, and spend the rest of your time wandering and finding shit to do as you go. Places are much further apart and many of the more interesting places or activities can be quite secluded and out of the cities themselves. So as I said before, the internet can be very helpful in finding these things. If you don't do this, or aren't prepared to search hard (sometimes in vain), then you will probably get bored pretty quickly, especially in the more regional areas.

I should probably also mention something about the outback, but I'm not sure if it's your thing. I personally haven't been too far out west, so I can't really give any first-hand advice, but if you have plenty of time on your hands then it would probably be worth checking out.
>>
File: gurn.jpg (93KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
gurn.jpg
93KB, 1024x683px
>>1166894

>What should i do there?

Whats your interests? If you give me a few i can point you in the right direction

If your into surfing its all pretty similar, there are beach towns everywhere you will go where you can hire gear and get lessons. Its better some places than others but unless your a pro you wont be able to tell much difference.

>Where should i visit?

In terms of cities/areas (Be noted, i'm Victorian bias because i live here):

Melbourne
Northern Territory (Darwin, Alice Springs, Kathrine) [PS: Many say that towns outside Darwin in the NT are shit, but if you want your stereotypical Aussie Hollywood style experience they are great]
Sydney
Some regional 'towns' (Ballarat, Bendigo, Newcastle, Kununurra)
Cairns
Tasmania

Some places:
Kakadu
Kings canyon
Ayres rock
Wilsons prom
Phillip island
Australian alps (and ski resorts)
Great ocean road
Grampians
Great barrier reef

Places i personally wouldn't recommend:
Canberra
Adelaide
Brisbane
Tribal areas (Can be dicey in terms of security and normally not worth the hassle of getting a permit)

>Where to sleep/eat?

Sleeping should be done in hostels, which will still be quite expensive unfortunately. If your going from place to place in non urban areas it would be worthwhile camping just because its somewhat cheaper (either free or like $20 a night for a powered campsite depending where you go).

Food is pretty expensive, you can save money buying groceries and just cooking some stuff by yourself. There are restaurants where you could get a meal for under $20, pubs are also cheap but not always the best food.

>I am going to travle alone, because my friends are either broke, retarded or enlisted in the army.

This is my travel life in a nutshell too. Its shit but in the end your forced to get out there more and make experiences.

I did some solo travel last year and it was real fun.
>>
File: 08EsRi12DC1521.jpg (444KB, 1000x1451px) Image search: [Google]
08EsRi12DC1521.jpg
444KB, 1000x1451px
>>1166897

>Thought about the north coast, i want to learn how to surf and shit atleast

Would not recommend north coast, no infrastructure, very inaccessible, lots located on tribal lands, water swarming with crocodiles, irukandji and box jellyfish ect.

Any other coast line is better really.

Also would recommend seeing an AFL game too, but it depends on the time of year. Very different to other sports.

People from New south wales and Queensland will say watch a game of rugby, but you can easily go do that in Europe if you wanted to (leauge rugby is basically the same), AFL is very unique and something you wont see or experience elsewhere.
>>
>>1166894
As others have said come here in Summer/Spring. Gold Coast (queensland) will be great for your surfing.
Beaches and attractions are packed tho so be wary. Would be a good idea to come after the New Year because we have what is called Schoolies where all the students finishing their final yr of high school all group together and party like no tomorrow. Happens around November im pretty sure.

Can't say much about Sydney, never been. Melbourne is worth a visit but everything is very spread out, making it essential to know your way around, public transport knowledge helps greatly, trams everywhere.

Adelaide is a very chill place where I've lived most of my life which i recommend visiting. I would make it my last place to visit if I were you. Great partying can be done quite easily and safely. 90% of our clubs are on one main strip which as you can imagine makes it quite easy to go into 1 club then pop into its neighbour 10 minutes later. We have a grid system unlike most the other capitals so getting around is easy as. Really nice beaches which don't get nearly as bombarded by people and trash like Bondi.
Got some good hiking spots (mt lofty, flinders ranges) and wine tour options as well. (barossa valley) Backpackers are mega cheap so i suggest them for saving money. Some are like $20 a night. But you pay for what you get so ay up to you. Food is awesome too. Not too sure what else to talk about considering i don't know what kind of holiday you want but all the best. Good luck.
>>
>>1166894
just dont go to straya
>>
If you're gonna be anywhere near Brisbane you should hit up the Gold Coast. It's a party town through and through.
>>
>>1166894
>>1167455
I'm from Southern Tablelands/Highlands (I've lived Goulburn and Mittagong, town right next to Bowral). Inland NSW is great, just it is very far spread apart.

For Goulburn at least, I'd recommend the Big Merino and the War Memorial, both are pretty stunning. Plus the Big Merino has a nice gift shop and a Macca's right next door.

Fuck with the Macca's for me mate, the digital ordering stations are the bane of the employees. You take a cheeseburger from the menu for a couple of bucks, and you can edit it into whatever monstrosity you want. My personal record is building a 20cm tall stack of meat patties, which had to be forced into a salad box.
>>
I'm live in the antipodes of Australia so I can't help you, but have a free bump for using a pic of my favourite writer.

Have a nice trip!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.