[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taiwan General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: chnt-MMAP-md.png (73KB, 1030x727px) Image search: [Google]
chnt-MMAP-md.png
73KB, 1030x727px
Interested in travelling around Taiwan in November or December for around two weeks or so, most likely in a group. Any tips or advice? Recommended destinations? Hidden gems, or places to avoid?

Budget isn't a huge concern, although we're looking at staying in hostels. Any advice about Taiwan is very much appreciated.
>>
>>1166745

The north has Jiufen, the oceanside town that Spirted Away was based on. For sights, Taipei

has 101, Elephant Mountain, Taiwan Democracy Memorial Park, and Tamshui. For art, it has

Huashan 1914 Creative Park, Songshan Creative Park & MajiMaji. If you like Myanmarian food,

go to Huaxin rd aka "Little Burma". Night Marketwise, Raohe & Linjiang have tons of good

food.

The east coast is a nature lovers paradise, you have Yilan / Hualien / Taidong. Yilan I've

yet to go to, but have heard the scenery's good, and it has the Kavalan Whiskey distillery.

Hualien has Taroko Gorge which is impressive. Taidong can take you to some of the outer

islands, Green Island & Orchid Island.

Down south, you have Tainan, Kenting, and Kaohsiung.

Tainan is the old capital, and now the food center of Taiwan. If you like history, go to

Anping or Chikan Tower. For art, go to Qimei Museum, The Cultural Center or Xinmei rd. For

eating as much good food as you can, just walk around Guohua rd / Youai rd, or go to Huayuan

night market. You can also get to Penghu Island from Anping.

Kaohsiung is a lot like Tainan, but with more western influence. Here you can find good

European / American food. As for places to see, go to Pier 2, LDR, Xiziwan, Lotus Pond, Fo

Guang Shan Temple, Monkey Mountain, Rueifang night market, Cijian Island, Xiaoliuqiu.

Kenting is where everybody goes to the beach.

As for the west, you have Alishan National Park if you like ancient trees. Ershui / Jiji for

cycling in rice paddies / mountains. Yuanlin for a good small town experience. Taichung for

Indian food and Luce Chapel. Miaoli for Tea Sage Hut.

Lmk what you're in to and I can give you more specific suggestions
>>
I'm going to be doing a layover in Kaohsiung for 23 hours. What are things I can do to fill up that time?
>>
>>1166745
Taipei is great, been there twice with my family and have never been anywhere I liked more. In Taipei I'd recommend going up Elephant Mt. to see the city from a cool angle. In general you'll find good food everywhere.

On a related note, if I'm there alone for the first time in a for months as an 18 year old, is there any chance I can find other Americans in my age group to hang out with?
>>
>>1166916

All sounds great. What's the nightlife like in Taipei? Also I'd love to hear more about the nature reserves and Taroko gorge, hiking is an interest of our group, as well as culture and history.
>>
>>1166929
Take the MRT to O2 Xiziwan, wander around Pier 2 / Monkey Mountain / Cijian Island.

>>1166944
Night markets are everywhere, clubs are around as well.

Hikingwise, there are mountains everywhere, but the highest ones require some paperwork to be able to go up. Some good ones that don't are Monkey Mountain in Kaohsiung, Elephant Mountain in Taipei, Fruit Moutnain in Changhua, the mountains near Jiufen.

For culture and history, go to the former capital, Tainan, has all you could want, in addition to the best food on the island.
>>
>>1166931
>On a related note, if I'm there alone for the first time in a for months as an 18 year old, is there any chance I can find other Americans in my age group to hang out with?
Im sure hostels are the way to go in that regard. ive never been t hostels in Asia, but i can assume theyre somewhat similar t those in europe.
>>
>>1166929

go to kenting
>>
>>1166916
What's your background? You live currently in TW? I'm applying to learn Chinese in Taichung next year then after I'm going to work remotely (intend to) and stay in Taiwan. Any more detail on Taichung? I'm a big hiker and foodie
>>
>>1166931

You can also try popular white people places, such as On Tap and Brass Monkey.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.