[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/ My girl and I really wanna visit Canada next summer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: ca-lgflag.gif (16KB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
ca-lgflag.gif
16KB, 500x251px
Hey /trv/

My girl and I really wanna visit Canada next summer. We don't know for how long or exactly what to do or need for the trip in that matter, but I wanted to ask you guys.

Any advice about traveling to Canada for the first time? Romantic couple-ly things are a +
>>
>>1166128
I personally enjoyed the Rockies, but during winter the middle plains have a certain charm to them
>>
>>1166128
Are you aware that it's the second biggest country on earth?
We're gonna need more details.
>>
>>1166146

Yes I'm fully aware. My bad.

Basically we will probably be landing in Toronto. From there maybe go and see the city and go to a nice restaurant to have lunch/dinner. After that then I guess we'll head out to see Niagara Falls? I know it's overrated, but that's like going to Florida and not going to Disney lol
>>
>>1166159
reschedule your trip to fly into vancouver, rent a car and explore the endless and breathtaking nature out there, take a ferry to some gulf islands, drive through the kootenays, up into the rockies
the national parks here are mind-blowing
ontario is a butthole, every canadian knows this
>>
File: Pacific-Rim-NP_MG_8904.jpg (48KB, 800x223px) Image search: [Google]
Pacific-Rim-NP_MG_8904.jpg
48KB, 800x223px
>>1166420

Pretty much this. You can only sample a small part of Canada at a time, and the west coast is very nice--lots of romantic places, if that's what you want.

Book a bed and breakfast on one of the Gulf Islands, drive up through the Okanagan and sample excellent wines or have romantic dinner at one of the many fine restaurants at the wineries.

Go to Vancouver Island (Vancouver is not on the island, btw) and drive up to Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Stunning beaches with real coastal rain forests.
>>
I can give you advice on Montreal since it's the only "Canadian" city I visited.

St. Catherine Street is the main street where all of the nightlife happens and where all the best clubs are based at. Stereo Montreal is arguably the best club in the city and it's literally a 50 second walk from the M Montreal hostel, which I would recommend staying at, which is arguably the best hostel to stay at in Montreal as it's close to the major nightlife and the UQAM metro station which is where all Metro lines in the city connect to. Piknic Electronique is an electronic music festival and you should check it out. It only happens on Sundays however and they run from a certain amount of time, so I don't know when it will end.

There is also Mont-Royal you can hike to and there is a viewpoint that has a beautiful view of the city skyline. The walk up is steep, but it's worth the effort.

As for eating, there is a place called Poutineville and has all certain variety of poutine you can eat.

There also bikes you can rent and you can cycle around the city and the main island which has paths you can bike around and the same place where Piknic Electronique. Also located on the island is the theme park La Ronde which is a decent theme park. Though it gets busy and sometimes the wait time for lines can go up to 2 hours at the most, but it's a fun place to go to.

A note, the main language in Montreal (and basically all of Quebec) is French, however people speak good English so you won't have to worry about speaking French. Though it's a good to at least learn the official language in case you need to find the toilets, want to order something, or greet someone. I've noticed this in Montreal, but the people are blunt about getting a tip from you.They will say to you that you forgot to pay a tip after ordering a drink or so, it's their way of trying to shame if you don't tip
>>
>>1166159
Don't come here. Toronto is the worst city in North America. Go to BC or something.
>>
>>1166159
Niagara Falls is honestly a shitthole. it's one of the most run down and abandoned cities I've been to in Ontario. Clifton hill is just a tourist trap with stupid wax museums and haunted houses and overblown variety stores. the falls aren't really anything to look at. you would be better off going to Hamilton and checking out all the waterfalls in that area. if you have to go to Niagara Falls, go to Niagara on the lake. it's more of an upscale little main road village. has some decent winery's around it and this cool fort called fort mississauga. it's kind of a pretty place. not rundown and shitty like the main falls. Niagara Falls used to be the honeymoon capital of the world, but has long since died and been abandoned. it honestly seems like a place where dreams went to die. it's fucking wack lol.
>>
>>1167279
>>1167290
This

Literally don't even go to southern Ontario, just go thunder bay > north bay > Ottawa.

Southern Ontario is just an overpopulated, overrated endless mess of strip malls and suburbs, full of immigrants and people who behave like Americans.

Literally, don't go
>>
Don't go to Toronto.

If you like natural beauty and outdoorsy stuff, + wine country and couply things, go to BC/Vancouver.

If you want culture and good food and nightlife, go to Quebec/Montreal.

If you want to experience a proper massive world-class metropolis, skip Canada entirely and go to New York.

Having said that, even though Toronto sucks, Ontario isn't all bad. A drive through Ontario cottage country is actually a great road trip, very picturesque and romantic with tons of cool small towns.
>>
Hijacking this thread so I don't have to make my own.

I'll be in Toronto next week, then Ottawa and Montreal. Maybe Quebec as well. Is there anywhere nearby you'd recommend? I have enough money to visit maybe one or two more cities before I have to fuck off back home.
>>
>>1166128
>advice about travelling to Canada
Stop tipping so much (10-15% AT MOST), it makes the servers think it's ok to half-ass the service when tourists aren't around. Also we're full, don't even think about moving here (especially BC).
>>
>>1167279
>>1167292
hey now, i agree fully, but downtown toronto is rad if you're a student or a local. its got a lot to offer. though everything else around it blows, seriously you cross ossington and everything goes DOWNhill from there
>>
>>1167360
in toronto if you like drinking and meeting locals go to the Madison pub in downtown on a monday its student night. theres cheap as night clubs if you're into that on bloor. also check out the eaton centre its a huge mall, but go when its not flooded.

heres another huge reccomendation:
go to cabbagetown SERIOUSLY!!!
I CANNOT REC THIS ENOUGH IT IS FALL THE BEST SEASON CABBAGETOWN MY MAN
perfect to walk your girl around it comfy 10/10 theres cafes and shit girls like, and the neighborhood is amazing i really wish i was back in TO but im in australia right now
>>
First of all, who the FUCK goes on a romantic vacation to Canada? If you want romance go somewhere in the south of france, or somewhere anywhere I'm Italy, or even fucking New York City or Miami. Shit maybe even Bucharest or Mexico if you're on the cheap.

If you are boring and stupid enough to visit Canada of all places, I'd recommend Quebec City as it's literally the only place in Canada that is remotely romantic. Honestly there's nothing in Canada that can't be done better somewhere else in the world. Canada has no flash; no flair.
>>
>>1167965
Yukon is pretty popular for Japanese tourists because they like to bone under the aurora borealis. But yeah, boring. Especially the camp sites, stop coming here and booking them up during the summer, I haven't been camping for years because of these foreign cunts booking the sites half a year in advance.
>>
OP here.

Thanks, bros.

Lots of things to consider here. I saw some comments saying that maybe Canada isn't good for a romantic trip, but she has always wanted to go and literally talks about it a lot.

She currently even got a job at the airport close to where we live currently and she gets to work for Canadian flights all the time. It is a big deal for her and I know it'll make her super happy to just make the trip itself.

Anything else with do is just icing on top. But so far, Vancouver sounds a lot like what we wanna do. We have plans to live a country life once we retire and get older so it'd be nice to see the country. We both love nature, and can't really deal with cities. So I'm definitely going to plan out the trip better so we land in Vancouver. She also knows French so if we manage to get to Quebec or something we'll be more than fine.

Thanks for all the recommendations!!! And keep them coming if you have more. You've been awesome, anons.
>>
>>1167965
>First of all, who the FUCK goes on a romantic vacation to Canada?

Someplace cold that requires shared body heat to keep warm, and without a lot of distractions -- yeah, that does not sound romantic...
>>
File: 1422667978709.png (57KB, 280x262px) Image search: [Google]
1422667978709.png
57KB, 280x262px
>>1168245
>all Canada is like Vancouver
lel sure buddy
>>
>>1168261
I want the fucking outsiders to stop flooding the trails and overbooking the campsites here months in advance. Why can't they just leave us alone and stick to the cities?
>>
>>1166128
Gaspésie is basically the Florida of Canada. Beautiful national parks including Parc Forillon, and Percé which is a must if you're in the area.
You may decide to stick to Québec for much of the trip, as Montréal is a source of endless fun, and really, French is inherently romantic.
>>
>>1168283
>French is inherently romantic
Quebec's French is pretty much the antithesis of romantic. And that's coming from a quebecker.
>>
>>1168286
The Gaspe was the most boring place I've ever traveled to.
>>
Toronto is a pretty average city as others have said. If you're going to Canada it's not a target destination. Go to Naigara, Montreal, Quebec City or Vancouver. Then, go out into the countryside.
>>
File: fry anime.jpg (12KB, 228x133px) Image search: [Google]
fry anime.jpg
12KB, 228x133px
>>1168281
Guy porting on /trv/ who is mad that people travel/

>Now the list of things I have seen contains everything.
>>
>>1168539
If they're ruining it for the locals it's time for them to go. Or just get rid of online campsite booking and make it first come first serve, that'd solve the problem completely.
>>
>>1167954

Seconding this, I lived in Cabbagetown for two years and it was honestly gorgeous. There's so many cute houses and beautiful gardens that it makes for a nice walk. You probably only need an afternoon here though, it is small.

>>1166128

I think Toronto is okay but it's definitely overhyped. Toronto has a million pubs so you'll never have trouble finding one, especially along College Street between Yonge to Bathurst or so. There's also a million different type of restaurants that I can recommend if you'd like. Stay away from King Street and Yorkville if you don't want to pay a ton of money though. Toronto Island is really nice and makes for a fun outing, and there's a nude beach there if that's your thing. If you're going in the summer it'll be very busy though. Walking west along the harbourfront at night in summer is fun too as there's usually festivals or events.

Like most anons said, BC is a great place to visit. Stanley Park is fantastic, and I highly recommend visiting Victoria (the capital of BC) - I spent an amazing week there in the last week of August a few years back, it's very beautiful.

If you're heading to the east coast just rent a car and drive around the provinces - they're all close together and beautiful and you can spend a few days in each province and see a lot of what it is. Prince Edward Island is a sweet place, definitely worth a visit.

t. Canadian
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.