[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1 Week in China

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: china.png (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
china.png
5KB, 259x194px
I'm living in Guangzhou right now and have a week vacation coming up. Where is a good area to spend a week in China? I like hiking, culture, and partying.

I want to get out of the area, and for the time being I can't visit Hong Kong or Macau.
>>
Bump, I'm traveling to GZ next year and would like to know what's good? Drinking, clubbing?, history and culture related stuff
>>
>>1165852
In Golden week? If you can't get out of China then go somewhere for the nightlife.

Anywhere touristy is probably going to be packed.
>>
Semi related to this thread: I have a 18 hour layover (purposefully chosen so I could spend the night)
I get in at 5pm and leave at 11am. How long should I expect it to take me to go from Tianhe to the airport by taxi?
>>
>>1165852
I haven't been but I've heard Chengdu has a shit ton of bars and is pretty nice.
>>
>>1167379
Considering the metro is connected to the airport, longer than if you took the metro. An hour at the minimum. Maybe worse depending on traffic.
>>
>>1167426
RIP
should I bother going into the city then or just stay near the airport
>>
Not a great area for partying but this summer I really liked the GarzĂȘ area in Sichuan, as it naturally 'feels' Tibetan without needing the administrative Bullshit to get into the actual Tibet as a foreigner. Wonderful nature (for hikes) and very visibly Tibetan traditional culture at the same time.
>>
>>1167489
Didn't he just say that the city is connected by metro?
Just take the metro and you'll be downtown in like 30 minutes.

Traffic in GZ is shit, especially nearing the airport so unless you are absolutely allergic to using the metro I don't see why you should even consider a taxi. (plus a metro ticket is only like 9RMB or something)
>>
>>1165852
From best to worst, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Chengdu

Or just go to the Yellow Mountains, stay a day at the base, a day at the top, and go home on the third day
>>
>>1165852
If you don't mind going to the arse end of nowhere head to chengdu and up to jiuzhaigou for sightseeing, also plenty of unis in/around the city and dirt cheap for a tier 2 i think.
>>
hainan answer is obvious
>>
>>1169024
yeah, thanks
the week is almost over now bud
>>
>>1169026

oh wow. maybe don't leave plans to the last minute and look for advice on a slow board you goof
>>
>>1165852
>where is a good area to spend a week in China
Great Wall, then the rest of the week on the train to Russia and hike there instead. Gotta protect your lungs m8 :^)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.