[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I NEED ADVICE LOOK AT MY THREAD PLS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1474785295811.jpg (107KB, 750x562px) Image search: [Google]
1474785295811.jpg
107KB, 750x562px
Hi /trv/ I'm an Australian hailing from Perth and was looking for some pointers and the go-ahead from some experienced travellers. I'm planning on hitchhiking/freight hopping from:

Perth > Adelaide
Adelaide > Melbourne

Couch surf in Melbourne for a week and then get a ticket to Paris and use Airbnb for a week.

For the whole trip (of which Im going with a friend) we'll both have $2600 dollarydoos which we intend on spending as little as possible during the hitchiking/couchsurfing phase and mainly on the plane ticket to Paris/Airbnb/food.

I understand this is a very amateur level travelling experience but it is doable right?
>>
Fly to Paris, from Australia, for one week? for what purpose?

I've had friends have a lot of success hitching in the outback, truckers mostly pick people up. But what are you? two dudes? might have less luck.

Why don't you just fly to SE Asia somewhere?
>>
>>1165536
week in melb + minimum 3-4 days getting there = 10 days. Buying food and not paying anything else would be ~$30/day, so you'll need $300 for Aus, plus at least an extra $100 for expenses along the way. Unlikely you will get the whole 10 days without paying for accommodation, so I'd allow at least an extra $100 for that.

Flight to Paris cheapest seems around $1000 return which seems to cheap to be real. You will spend ~$100 in getting to the airport, eating there, and getting from the airport to your accommodation.

Assuming it actually is legit then that leaves you with $1100 for a week. So yeah it could work, provided you were careful to spend as little money as possible in Aus. I'm still a bit incredulous about the flight price (I used skyscanner) I'd expect $1500 to be more realistic, and in that case having only $600 for a week in paris is not that much to have up your sleeve, but if you have some extra cash in reserve for emergencies it would be alright.
>>
>>1165562
to add: imo it seems to much to be trying to do the melbourne and paris in the same trip, it would make more sense to do one or the other. If you insist on doing both then do Paris first, then fly back to melbourne, that way you can adjust the length of that stay to suit your remaining money, and if something goes wrong you're still in your home country.
>>
>>1165536
Fly to Darwin. Party with backpackers. Fuck Paris.
>>
>>1165536
I went hitchhiking once
It's was honestly one of the worst experiences I've ever had. I wasn't properly prepared though so that might be why.
Sometimes I still romanticize the idea of being a rambling man like in my country songs.
>>
>>1167866
i hitchhiked across NZ t was fking rad
but aussie is too big and everyone will think you're a murderer
>>
>>1165536
also fuck straya bud im canadian living in melbs for the past 4 months this city blows
just go to fucking paris, though paris even i would not recommend highly unless your french is alright, but mostly because its populated by PARISIANS
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.