[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mobility in Europe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: easterneuropemap.jpg (171KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
easterneuropemap.jpg
171KB, 500x500px
How easy is it to carry luggages and bags in Eastern Europe? I'll be going there in a few months and not sure how much baggage I'll be able to take with me.
>>
>>1165323
Try this -- see how easy it is to carry them at home. They will be the same bags when you arrive in Eastern Europe, and exactly as easy to carry there as at home!
>>
I'm a fan of bacpacks, but if you want to carry a suitcase I expect your arms to be tired quickly!
>>
E. Europe is big and doesn't cater to luxury a lot.

Where are you going, for how long?

People tend to overpack.
>>
>>1165413

Fucking kek
I love these type of responses
>>
This completely depends on your financial means aswell as your choice of transportation.

I traveled a bit through Poland myself so I can atleast share the things I know about that:

first off: Flying can be _REALLY_ cheap if you book tickings further in advance at cheaper companies (I used wizzair.com a lot). taking more than a handbag or backpack on a plane costs you more money though (+50/100€)..

Secondly: Buses are dirt cheap in Poland. I traveled from Gdansk/Danzig to Torun for 4€. They also offer free (slow) wifi. Disadvantage is ofcoure the speed: buses drive between 60-100 km/h only. Really good way to travel at evenings or at night, since it's save, cheap and you can sleep. They also don't care at all how many suitcases you take.
Trains are so great. They're also slow, a bit more costly, and have generally poor connections. They can be dirty or have dangerous passengers at night.

If you're not a social retard you can also just travel socially, by paying some gas money. Use blablacar or something similar for cheap travel through europe. My Polish girlfriend at time traveled from Torun (Poland) to the Netherlands for 25€..
>>
>>1166028
trains are not so great*
>>
>>1166028
>My Polish girlfriend
How much was she?
>>
>>1166380
Tree fiddy, but at least not free unlike western bitches.
>>
>>1165323
Driving, then a soft-sided multi-pocket duffel bag that fits in trunk, like the kind with a zipped bottom compartment for shoes. Driving also lets you use your nicer luxury brands that you'd never check, like your Hartmann fabric or leather.
Flight or trains, small daypack backpack, and a 4 wheeler carry-on sized bag or smaller checked bag.

That's me though. I don't want my shoulders, neck, back and feet to carry extra pounds. The small backpack is so I can have items at my seat for safety on a plane/train (some trains have racks back near the door of the car, some are above you). But, the heavier stuff is going to be wheeled from train stations to taxi, or down a few sidewalks to my hotel on 4 wheels gliding like a hovercraft, not pulling on my back or behind me! You can navigate all kinds of crowds and terrain with the little pack over a shoulder, and pushing/pulling the spinner or even using the handle on some stairs. I like a Travelpro Crew line, spinner Samsonites, sometimes a Delsey or a High Sierra when I want to pack lots of stuff in a large bag and have the better organization, these brands are nice at their highest end. Check for Macys sales w/coupon w/clearance for a deal.

So, how you travel is personal and related to budget, etc. That's all on you. I did say I stay away from hardsides, but if your airport is one without jetways (say tropical island or very small) it can help with rain issues.
>>
>>1165933
I'll be going to Hungary and Slovakia, ie. Bratislava and Budapest, mainly, for about 10 days.
>>
>>1166595
Those are modern and developed Central European countries bro, Ukraine is eastern Europe. It will be just like carrying bags in London in central Europe.
>>
File: trek 85.jpg (59KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
trek 85.jpg
59KB, 900x900px
>>1166595

Where are you from?

Britfag here and I've been to both Bratislava and Budapest, stayed in hostels. And I assume you'll do the same.

Just take a big backpack mate. I had one this size but I was on a three week trip, and I had a sleeping bag in it because we did a few nights camping in Vienna and Lake Balaton (rural Hungary). So you almost certainly won't need one this big. Unless you plan to take loads of shit, which is up to you I guess.

Anyway, hostels have lockers so just take a padlock and whack your backpack in a locker and you'll be fine.
>>
>>1167793
Budapest isn't like the rest of eastern europe tho
>>
>>1167795

He said he's going to Bratislava and Budapest and I've been to both and I know what they're like

If he mentioned any other city from Eastern Europe (I mean Hungary and Slovakia are central Europe really but whatever) then I wouldn't comment if it was somewhere I didn't know about

But I will comment when it's places I have been to. If you've been there too then give your own advice. Or if you just don't want to listen to me then don't.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.