[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kenya

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: kenya-landscape.jpg (156KB, 931x427px) Image search: [Google]
kenya-landscape.jpg
156KB, 931x427px
Kenya general?

Does anyone know if Kenya would be enjoyable on a budget? I know a lot of the National Parks can get very expensive but how feasible would it be for a solo white traveller to visit towns and maybe villages across the country? What's the deal for food, accommodation, language etc.
>>
>>1165035

Enjoy getting killed by Al-Shabaab.

Attacks could be indiscriminate in places frequented by foreigners including hotels, bars, restaurants, sports bars and nightclubs, sporting events, supermarkets, shopping centres, coastal areas including beaches, airports, buses, trains and other transport hubs. Places of worship including churches and mosques have also been targeted. Be particularly vigilant in these areas.
>>
>>1165035
>Does anyone know if Kenya would be enjoyable on a budget?

Could be, if you enjoy that sort of thing. I had a good time there, but my visit was very short because the person who booked the tickets fucked up, though...

>I know a lot of the National Parks can get very expensive but how feasible would it be for a solo white traveler to visit towns and maybe villages across the country?

Ought to be doable, if you have that mindset. Depending on where you are heading, study up on malaria nd the like.

>What's the deal for food, accommodation, language etc

Was only in Nairobi and surrounding area, I don;t recall anybody that did not speak English. Unless you are a vegetarian, hit a "yama chama" place, which I have probably spelled wrong, and which is essentially a "Here, eat grilled meat, dammit!" experience. Depending on the place, you'll have to make some decisions about bush meat, so study up on that as well.

>>1165750
Nice, you looked at the state department travel advisory. Here's an excerpt the one for France, just so folks can compare.

Credible information indicates terrorist groups continue plotting possible attacks in Europe. European governments are taking action to guard against terrorist attacks; however, all European countries remain potentially vulnerable to attacks from transnational terrorist organizations

France’s Parliament approved an extension of the state of emergency imposed after the Nice truck attack in July 2016.

The French government has re-established border controls and movement may be restricted in some areas.

Be aware of your local security situation, and take appropriate steps to bolster your personal security.

U.S. citizens should be aware that demonstrations and large events intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational.

You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
>>
>>1165035
kenya is nowhere near as safe as it was. Could you consider Namibia as a second option? Or Botswana?
>>
I stayed in Nairobi for a week this past May. Quite honestly I enjoyed it strictly because it's hands-down the easiest place to get laid in the world, even more so than the Philippines. I had a one night stand with a cute girl from Tinder every single night there, it was nuts.

Anyway, security-wise you need to be quite careful, but it's not as bad as it was just a few years back. Lonely planet calls it "the most dangerous city in Africa" but that's horribly wrong IMO. You just need to practice basic safety measures - take Ubers (not taxis) door-door after dark, don't show your cell phone or cash in public, don't look like an easy target. South Africa was worse IMO and that's full of travelers.

Avoid the CBD if possible too. West lands is nicer and safer. But even in the CBD no one bothered me.

My only caution - sign up for the alerts from your embassy on the country and keep an eye on the news. When I was there, they were having weekly violent protests against the government.

Language isn't an issue - everyone speaks perfect English that I met. Lots have even stopped teaching their kids Swahili.
>>
File: manuel cast_05.jpg (22KB, 181x322px) Image search: [Google]
manuel cast_05.jpg
22KB, 181x322px
>>1166553
>CBD

Que?
>>
>>1166553
Makes me want to go now. Everyone keeps saying that if you go to Nairobi and are white you will get pussy left and right without any effort.
>>
>>1166557
>Central Business District

It means the centre of the city generally.
>>
>>1166814
Gotcha, thanks
>>
>>1166553
You hook up with locals or other travelers?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.