[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/trv/ meta: discussion on moderation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 9

File: European vacation.jpg (327KB, 1180x787px) Image search: [Google]
European vacation.jpg
327KB, 1180x787px
The aim of this thread is to open discussion channels between the moderators and the users to decide the direction this board should go. Here's hoping for a productive feedback.

Recently, a thread with 100+ replies discussing the impact of immigration on the travel experience was deleted without explanation. This regularly happens to threads of a similar theme. Contributors are often labelled racist bigots who don't belong on this board, despite stating their arguments in a calm and civil manner. For me, travel is about the architecture, history, climate, food, and the people. It seems ridiculous that we're not allowed to discuss the final category so as not to offend the sensibilities of the delicate snowflakes of the far-left. The people you interact with on your travels is one of the most prominent components of the experience in my view and so is appropriate for discussion on /trv/.
>>
>>1163826
I don't disagree with your position, just talking about it here.

If it's a thread specifically about Paris or France and the number of non natives comes up it's relevant discussion.

That thread was just complaining about the number of non whites in western europe in general. I like how this board is slow and on topic. There's plenty of threads on /pol/ or /int/ to talk about non whites.
>>
I think that every opinion should matter and be allowed given it is backed up by certain facts or, at least, by high quality bait. That's what distinguishes an image board from a forum - there is no black and white and no personal basis. Sadly, I see that here "immigrants suck" and "immigrants suck because..." are treated equally.
>>
We also need to get past this assumption that the only posters upset with Western Europe's rapidly changing demographics are whites. I'm sure middle class Chinese and Indian travelers feel let down when they travel to Paris only to discover it's a slum. "Paris syndrome" among the Japanese has been well documented, as I'm sure you all know. A lot of these Asian families save up for years for a once in a lifetime European vacation and are shocked to find the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju79YT_lBVI (video was recorded in Paris earlier this month)
>>
/trv/ is to share travel stories, get insight into places you would like to travel etc., not talking about culture, politics or any of that stuff (we have other boards for that)

In fact, I would like to get less meta threads on this board in general (where have you been/what's your favorite place/what kind of traveler do you hate etc.) and more focus on actual travelling

Just my 2 Pesos though
>>
>>1163840
If I want to know what to do/see/eat in a city I'm visiting, I'll go to TripAdvisor.com. Not sure why people post those questions on a slow moving board like /trv/. This board should carve out it's own niche.

I like your idea of using /trv/ to share interesting travel anecdotes or maybe share a unique photo you took.
>>
>>1163826
Come on, buddy. Threads like that end up too /pol/ and less /trv/. There's no travel insight in the nth post about immigrants BTFO, however calmly stated.
>>
>>1163840
>/trv/ is to share travel stories, get insight into places you would like to travel etc.,

unless those stories involve sex or prostitution, because those threads got deleted, too.
>>
>>1163845

It appears the mods are forcing their idea of what /trv/ should be rather than let the users decide.
>>
>>1163846
If something like no sex was in the rules, that's one thing, but i's not.
>>
I fucking hate how these nerds who can't get laid get upset at alpha males who already the pussy. Everyone always tells me I'm lying when I tell them of my conquests, but guess what geeks? Some people can get laid on the reg. I swear this board is populated with geeks from Germany who are autistic about cultural experiences. How can you experience a culture without experiencing it's pussy? Legalize /laid/ general now!
>>
>>1163869
*slay the pussy
>>
I've been actively avoiding immigrant happy places for 6 years now.

>when places and cities you visited years ago are now dirty,dangerous and unsavory shitholes in Turkey,Europe,Greece and Canada
>ethnic ghettos and migrants in N-E Turkey,Sweden,around Canada,Greek islands,Athens is now petite Indianstan,got stabbed in Italy by jungle fauna

Globally,poor and middle class people shouldn't leave their countries,ever.
Only the rich and highly educated,as it used to keep an equilibrium.

I know everyone is repulsed to see questionable kebab,shawarma,curry stalls everywhere they go in Europe.
And why are "traditional" restaurants serving pizzas?
>>
>>1163826
>The people you interact with on your travels is one of the most prominent components of the experience in my view
A good deal of agreement on my part with this statement.

I think that a concern or understanding about the rapidly changing europe demographic, or how they might affect travel experiences, or even what led to the changes or where that might be headed is ALL fair game for /trv. That said, I think this whole thread is against forum rules, so it'll likely be deleted. I'd prefer that threads not be deleted, but an uncivil individual poster who crosses a line from curious or civil discussion to something offense instead. I will say that among my decades of changes here in the US, that the longer someone has lived in the US the less likely they like changes or the trends of change. There remains an underlying belief that emigration that happens far too fast upsets the ordinary emigree process of langauge acquisition, gainful employment of the kind that constitutes "careers" or great opportunities based on education, and the "american dream" of the 1st generation's children getting all opportunities that their sacrifices were intended for, in the first place. Someone didn't leave their professional job, pay people to smuggle them in, work shit jobs for their children, so that they didn't get into some caste system of nothing better, or in a country disintegrating. They want the US (or your own country) to still be good and worth the sacrifices. Pride, even. When it's lost, you don't really get it back easily.
>>
>>1163845
>unless those stories involve sex or prostitution, because those threads got deleted, too.
it's a worksafe board, and often that's illegal as well
>>
/trv/ = 4chan lite

You can't be racist here -- nor simply have an opinion regarding race or anything "controversial" -- and political discussions only go as far as debating whether or not tourists should visit North Korea or Israel.

I don't like it but that's what I have come to find here over the past few years.

I posted in the immigration thread with the assumption it would be quickly deleted and I was surprised it go so many posts before the axe fell.
>>
>>1163884
illicit drugs, and other illegal activities are often openly discussed. Work safe refers to images:

>>1163712

And prostitutiton in the first post of every Japan thread:

>>1162419

Your argument holds zero weight
>>
>>1163826

Concurred, /pol/ should totally usurp this board, too. We want more dumb, close minded and racist posts, not less. This is what freedom of speech is about. Please, make it happen.
>>
>>1163886
It only lasted that long because janitors/mods don't come here often:

These threads were deleted at the same time, some were even older:

http://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1161027/

http://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1161718/

http://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1157191/

http://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1161225

http://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1160508/

What's NSFW about asking for places that to travel with bikini coffee bars? There was more than this, btw
>>
File: DSC_3933.jpg (2MB, 2501x1442px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3933.jpg
2MB, 2501x1442px
>>1163846

You must be new here. Let me tell you how we did things here back in 2008:

-not a single racist/pol/kill all brownies/none travel related thread ever
-troll bait was ignored and saged by every single user (you fuckers probably don't even know what sage does), we simply couldn't be trolled
-people rarely, if ever, used the "n word", because only edgy twelve year old /b/ virgins think it's "epic" and "hilarious"
-you could press F5 to refresh threads because there were actually still loads of people posting here
-if a rare troll post was made it was intelligent and witty instead of the "real traveller, immigrants kill kill, Paris Mekka, gas every brown person, Hitler best guy hahahaha, London Pakistan KEKEKEK" retarded shit you find on here today
-everyone was respectful, helpful, friendly and open minded, you know, traits that people who actually travel possess
-there were loads of well travelled people that shared pictures and travel reports
-we were hands down the best board on 4chan that ever existed, the entire /trv/ spirit used to be anathema to everything 4chan stands for

/trv/ has been dead for at least 5 years now, all the amazing posters have long left, and there are only hateful, pitiful /pol/ ignoramuses and basement dwellers left.

May this place rot in Hell.

PS, picture I took when I was in Sudan, hands down the friendliest and most hospitable people I have ever met.
>>
>>1163890
If it were up to me, threads about drugs or sex in the vein of tourists going to Amsterdam for weed or sex tourists would not be deleted.

I would probably only delete offtopic threads, outright shitposts, NSFW images, and illegal content.

A long time ago we tried to make a wikia for /trv/ sort of like what /fit/ has for the basics of /trv/ recommendations.
It was supposed to give advice on all the most popular topics such as sex tourism, drugs in Amsterdam, cities such as London and Paris, etc.

A mod stickied a link to it and said it was a good idea, but the community here (already small as it is now) was much smaller back then and people were fucking stupid and wrote detailed articles about little no-name places that nobody cared about.

I guess my point is there was at least some leeway at some point in the past for those types of discussions.
>>1163896
/trv/ is a really high quality board and I hardly ever see the posts that you're describing.

At any rate, if we had something like one general "degeneracy" thread where people could post everything regarding immigration, racism, drugs, prostitution, etc. and it might be able to contain all of that stuff.
>>
>>1163826

Its because if you mention migrants once it devolves into a pol tier thread with a fuckload of unrelated shit. They are often a thinly veiled attempt to make a pol related thread anyway with little insight to the travel (instead of a thread being 'there's lots of migrants in my country, i hate them' its 'there's lots of migrants in this country im visiting, i hate them').

I've been here long enough to know that nothing ever good comes out of these discussions, only off topic shit posting that the vast majority of the board doesn't care about and doesn't want.

Pol is a containment board for a reason, its because the vast amount of posters on other boards dont want or care about that discussion. Its seriously fine to post that kind of stuff if you want, but not here, there are many people that view pol that travel too and even post here (ie: me) that will understand you.

I think the mod's do a fairly good job, except they are a bit slow at times and occasionally let off topic stuff slip through.
>>
>>1163826
That seemed tome an obvious troll thread and once it began to do what it was intended to do, elicit /pol/ tier responses that are against the rules here, it was taken down. This surprises anybody... why?

It/s pretty simple -- post /pol/ shit there, post travel stuff here.

I commend the mods for enforcing the rules, and keeping /trv/ pretty much on-topic.

I'd also point out that, as a meta-thread, Mods might well delete this one. Just so you don't get all surprised if that happens.
>>
>>1163832
They are equal in that they are both off topic here.
>>
>>1163849
>Boards that default to the yotsuba blue background are worksafe.
>>
>>1163887
>Work safe refers to images:
Since threads about about sex are, it is claimed, frequently pruned, that seems to suggest that you are incorrect.
>>
>>1163914
>>Work safe refers to images:
Are you implying any kind of text is somehow work safe? Are you autistic?
>>
>>1163902
>I think the mod's do a fairly good job,

I agree

>except they are a bit slow at times

The report button is your friend there.
>>
>>1163884
In many places of the world prostitution is in a grey zone or is even legal
>>1163884
>>
>>1163916
What would the reaction at your workplace be if you had a screen full of discussion about picking up Thai lady-boys left on the screen when you went to lunch?
>>
File: DSC_4786 copy.jpg (3MB, 3038x2056px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4786 copy.jpg
3MB, 3038x2056px
>>1163899

>I hardly ever see

Look harder, they are everywhere. Why do you think no one posts here anymore? I lurk about once a week and average about two posts every year, I used to post here everyday back when it was still good. This is not /trv/, it's /pol/ lite.

>>1163902
>>1163907

I'm happy to see that there are people who understand what /trv/ used to be about are still on here. The mods we used to have DELETED every single off topic/troll/pol/racist reply/thread instantly, it has no place on here. /pol/ and /int/ exist for a reason.

Pic is Zanzibar, OMFG look at all those evil brown people, kill them all (just trying to fit in here)
>>
>>1163907
>>1163902
People should be able to discuss migration because it DOES relate to travel.

For example, there are islands in Greece which might look good in a guidebook but in reality, given the current situation, are inhospitable and dangerous.

If the reality of East London is that it is full of Pakistanis and Muslims, people should be able to find out before spending lots of money and having their dreams dashed.

Nobody seems to care when a thread about Tibet pops up and people mention all the Han Chinese migration there.
>>
>>1163914
>>1163920
How many threads about women are on other blue boards, like /int/. How doyou reconcile talking about picking up women with threads about buying and transporting drugs. Which wpild be a bigger issue with an employer? Talking about prostitution in Germany or Amsterdam, where it's legal, or evm Thailand where it's accepted, versus drug use, which even if done abroad, could be against your terms of employment?

What about posts that don't even involve sex, but meeting women while traveling? What makes them NSFW?
>>
>>1163923
You're trying really hard to play the "I've been here so long" card.
>>
>>1163926

>People should be able to discuss migration because it DOES relate to travel

The problem is, it doesn't end there, there are people that will go out of their way simply to shitpost about migrants ruining everything, just look at the last thread and what it turned into. Look at every thread on that subject and what it has turned into, its not something we want or need here. Most of the threads don't even relate to travel, they just say 'I went to Europe, there were lots of migrants', doesn't tell us anything else about the trip, doesn't tell us anything about

The worst thing is that in a couple of threads a few of the OP's have included 'what can be done about this?', which turns a travel discussion into a political discussion, hence the runaway train.

I have no problems with people posting 'I went to x, it was good for these reasons, it was bad for these reasons', we have those kinds of threads all the time, but to specifically have a thread dedicated to one single issue spanning multiple destinations that is likely to devolve into piles of shitposting isn't something most people want, it keeps bumping to the front page and has nothing of value in it.

Also if you would like to ask a question specific to a single destination that has to do with migrants and how they effect traveling, without drawing a whole amount of attention to it, post it in a QTDDTOT.
>>
File: DSC_2473 Iran.jpg (4MB, 3203x2121px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2473 Iran.jpg
4MB, 3203x2121px
>>1163925

Piss off, faggot. Please show me the thousands of tourists getting killed by immigrants in Europe annually. I want hard numbers. That's right, you have nothing. The bigger a city is, the chance of something bad happening increases, this is the same all around the world: Colombia, USA, Brazil, France, Germany, Kenya, Thailand etc. Any well travelled person will tell you the same, unfortunately, someone whose source is /pol/ can not reach the same conclusion. Off topic shit is off motherfucking topic.

>>1163929

/trv/ used to hate sex travel threads and they were always deleted because we simply found those people to be pathetic. You can fuck girls for free in your own country, or if you are a loser, pay for a whore. Why would you need to travel abroad just to get laid?

Now, a random question in a Amsterdam/Thailand thread about whores shouldn't be deleted, but threads solely about prostitution have no place on here. It's not really travelling is it.

>>1163930

I don't post here anymore, idiot. This thread is an exception. All the cool people gave up on this board years ago.
>>
>>1163929
That's just your moral decay logic to think what is the bigger issue with an employer. Employers want to see no inappropriate conversations whatsoever with the use of their technology. None. It creates a liability for them and can reflect on the individual and even put them at risk, and the bottom line of that is that the traffic this board could and should have has to avoid this board during work hours (when they shouldn't have to abstain). I personally don't want workers not allowed on workspace boards. People who jobs can be frequent travelers afterall.
>>
>>1163932
The worst thing you can do when debating a topic is to pretend that something is A: Not a problem and/or B: Not to be discussed.

Stop baiting /pol/ by saying absurd things like "PARIS IS PERFECT, FUCK YOU POL!!!" or "I literally never saw an immigrant in my entire stay in London. You racists are DELUSIONAL..."
The problem is that /trv/, and a few other boards aren't just "Not /pol/", but are in fact very different from the rest of 4chan. Boards like /co/, /cgl/, and others strive for this Tumblr-esque type of deleting/shutting down anything critical of liberal policy making.

What /trv/ should do is find a happy medium like /biz/, /g/, /tv/, /fit/, and a few other normal boards. So to avoid /pol/ from shitting up a thread, don't say anything blatantly absurd, and things should go fine.
>>
>>1163934
>Please show me the thousands of tourists getting killed by immigrants in Europe annually.
Murder is rare anywhere in Europe, but why should anyone look only at murder in regards to crime? You're foolish to only look at one sort of crime, which I never singled out anyways.

Here's one source with hard numbers, as you requested:
"Migrants linked to 69,000 would-be or actual crimes in Germany in first three months of 2016: police"; http://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-germany-crime-idUSKCN0YT28V
>>
>>1163937
Lol your job sucks.

I literally spend hours at work posting pictures of 1992 Geo Trackers on /fa/ taking an occasional break to fire someone or talk shit about "efficiency" to the boss.
>>
Off topic meta thread hidden. Thank you based "hide" button.
>>
>>1163934
>threads solely about prostitution have no place on here. It's not really travelling is it.

So people who travel for food is not really traveling either? I mean you can go to a Thai restaurant at home. You keep focusing on prostitution, but any topic involving meeting women abroad gets deleted.
>>
>>1163934
>I don't post here anymore, idiot.
So why should anyone even care about your opinion? Go back to r/travel and stop reminiscing about the "good ol' times."

Will your next post have another non-white person in it to try and prove that /trv/ is racist?
>>1163932
I generally agree with you and I merely wanted to say those topics shouldn't be strictly off-limits.

This guy ( >>1163938 ) is really on point. People from both sides, /pol/ and anti-pol, are liable to cause large disruptions.
>>
>>1163945
Hiro himself said on /qa/ a couple days ago that he'd allow one thread per board to discuss moderation.
Your loss I guess. Sorry we hurt your precious feelings.
>>
>>1163937
Any job that cares that much likely has 4chan blocked away. And you still have not spoken to the issue of why some activities are bad and other good. Especially as the ones surrounding women are largely legal, at at least de facto so, where they take place, and the drugs aren't. Especially since every thread about women gets deleted. How are threads about travel heartbreak allowed, but not travel conquests?
>>
File: DSC_3768 Zambia.jpg (3MB, 2602x1681px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3768 Zambia.jpg
3MB, 2602x1681px
>>1163940

Ha, found the way too obvious /pol/ faggot trying to derail the thread as per usual. Have you even read my post? THE BIGGER THE CITY, THE MORE CRIME OCCURS, YOU MASSIVE FUCKING POL TWAT. IT'S THE SAME ALL OVER THE WORLD. You have never left your basement, and I bet you are fat and never had sex either, which explains why you are so mad at the world.

This is the guy that killed /trv/.

PS, I could absolutely obliterate you in a debate, but debating with idiots is futile as people looking at it from a distance can't tell who is who.

>>1163946

Rightfully so, real men can get laid back home.
>>
>>1163826
I agree completely, the thread was nuked by mods for no apparent reason.

Discussing the impact of immigration/demographic shifts in various nations on travel is a travel topic.

There is nothing wrong with discussing the topic and informing others, just because the mods are SJW tards doesn't make censorship okay.
>>
>>1163951
>Rightfully so, real men can get laid back home

But that doesn't mean you don't want to get laid abroad. My preferred way to travel is to have a femanon travel guide that speaks the local language. That can be used for free place to stay, or at least have the hookup on cheap places to stay (since many live with parents or with roommates if not married, depending on the country)
>>
>>1163951
>PS, I could absolutely obliterate you in a debate, but debating with idiots is futile as people looking at it from a distance can't tell who is who.
I think you're a big part of why this board has become so bad.
>>
>>1163955
>But that doesn't mean you don't want to get laid abroad.

And that doesn't mean you don't want to talk about getting laid abroad, just like you talk about the food you ate, and the activities you did. It's a part of your travel experience. Outside the logical fallacy of thinking people who post about sex don't get it at home (in fact, even when it comes to mongers, it's typically the chads that do get laod at home. Leceister soccer team? That "When in Thailand" Efuckt video with the ladyboy?), it's also a logical fallacy to think those that have sex or monger when they travel that sex is the only reason they travelx amd not just a component of it.
>>
File: DSC_4862 Hong Kong.jpg (3MB, 2877x1919px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4862 Hong Kong.jpg
3MB, 2877x1919px
>>1163953

Go to TripAdvisor or Lonely Planet right this minute and find me posts where people are asking about the "immigration numbers". Right. You. Won't. Find. Shit.

>>1163955

Wanting to get laid abroad is the same as a sex travel thread how? You can get laid for free at home and abroad. No, I'm talking about threads solely about prostitution/sex abroad. Fuck them.

>>1163956

I treat shit like shit. Simple.
>>
>>1163958
Though they are the same in the big things, women are different all over the world, and being around them gives an insight into that culture. Hell, even hookers and rhe culture surrounding prostitution is different from country to country and gives insight. Again, everything you said about getting laid could be applied to food. It's cool if it's not your thing, but there is no way you can invalidate it as a way/means to travel that doesn't apply to others.

>stop liking what I don't like
>>
This meta thread is terrible and pointless. Help, censorship! Mods don't owe you shit.
>>
>>1163826
Except the title "Does immigration ruin the travel experience for you?" Is hard-core bait for /pol/.
Why should it be a surprise that people immigrate to a first world country anyway? A country's population does not exist to fill your fantasies of what it's "supposed" to be in your head. Local demographics change every year, if you want to visit Paris you can only go to the real one, not the fantasy you picture. Travel is by its very nature not predictable.
Besides, things typically get less diverse and more traditional very quickly when you head out of the city.
Immigration is not travel, it's political, keep it off the travel board.
If you have a problem with locals somewhere, share your experience, but how ignorant are you to see someone in a country you are *visiting* and think "they don't belong here"?
Keep /pol/ and it's nationalist cancer far far away from our board.
>>
>>1163840
Honestly though I feel like this place has a better sense of culture than /int/ does. So maybe we should be discussing culture there, but it seems more accurate on this board.
>>
>>1163983
>hey guys I'm going to Amsterdam for one week, where can I get high and is it true I can fuck a hooker?
>>
>>1163985
That's a question about traveling, isn't it? Ironically, that falls under what the poster I answered wants more of. Not necessarily typical questions like that but that comes with the territory.

/int/ is more shit flinging than anything else. I appreciate that board too but most of the people on there aren't very cultured/can only speak about their own country. And even then, they can't really give it much perspective since they've never known anything else.
>>
>>1163934
I'm still here, but I 90% of my posting is creating the New Japan General once the old one dies and answering questions in there

I'll lurk around if I see somebody asking for advice to a place I've been to, but there's so much shit to sift through, I rarely bother desu
>>
File: DSC06341.jpg (302KB, 982x653px) Image search: [Google]
DSC06341.jpg
302KB, 982x653px
>>1163896
>-we were hands down the best board on 4chan that ever existed, the entire /trv/ spirit used to be anathema to everything 4chan stands for

Genuinely curious, why do you browse 4chan if you think that everything apart 2008-2011 /trv/ is garbage? Assuming you're not trolling, you sound exactly like the people you're complaining about: "immigrants from /pol/ are ruining my board! mods make it stop!".

I think moderation should stick to deleting content that's not travel-related. That thread about immigration and travel experience was travel-related. Was it bait? Probably. There were both travel-related and non-travel related arguments within the thread, and I feel it should have been pruned of the later and not deleted. If you don't like the subject because you know you'll disagree with most posters and that it hurts your feelings, there's the hide button. And as long as there's only one or two travel threads with a political tone, I can't see how that's a problem for anyone. They could even work as 'containment' threads.

Same thing for sex tourism threads. The problem with those is that there tends to be too many of them and that they're often low quality (see those that were deleted >>1163890). I even think we should have a sex tourism general, that could be hidden by people who don't want to hear about it. But I really can't see why it shouldn't be discussed.

>Also, look at how I'm not a basement-dwelling neckbeard! I too have taken pictures of brown people!
>>
>>1164020
>I even think we should have a sex tourism general

When there are generals they serve that purpose, even when people make new threads other posters typically redirect them to the generals, but if even the generals get deleted, that when the board gets shitted up with multiple threads on the same topic. Especially since their is no explicit rule against talking about women/sex
>>
Honestly if this board continues to grow mouth breathing /pol/ cancer like I've been seeing lately, I'll stop coming here. This can just be where /pol/ comes to ask about what cruises leaving out of Alabama have the fewest colored people on them, that sounds like a fun time.

Racism and shit like that has no place at all on a travel discussion board. Fuck off.
>>
>>1164020
I see no genuine reason to delete sex posts.
Sex is just as much of a reason to travel as architecture, food or whatever else makes you get up in the morning and board a plane.

Some counties are famous for their sex industry, and lets not forget its also legal in many places.

If the mods dislike it it doesn't mean its not relevant.
>>
>>1164095
this. No one has yet to give a valid reason for it to be deleted. The closest is talking about sex si "nsfw", but as has been stated, that can be said about other topics that are allowed, and the fact that sex is talked about in every 1st post of Jap general and the sticky. Furthermore, this day in age, the /pol/ stuff would get you fired quicker than the sex stuff would.
>>
>>1164084
Found the precious snowflake.

Talking about the changing nature of different countries and cities and how they relate to travelling is exactly what this forum is about.
>>
I'm fine with threads like these being deleted. No-one is going to change their views based on an internet discussion and these threads are just a thinly veiled way to talk about "I haet brown peepl" anyway. This board is better without them.
>>
>>1164167
Just because you don't like something and want to get rid of it doesn't mean it will go away.
>>
>>1164129
It's a worksafe board. The argument that it's part of travel isn't relevant.
>>
>>1164204
That argument doesn't wash becasue other topics that could deemed not worksafe are allowed, and the topic of prostitution is broached always in the sticky, and in the first post of Japan general, so any sniffing software looking for certain words would still pick it up. And any fcyber nannys a job would have filter out 4chan anyway. And as previously stated NSFW typically refers to images. In fact, SFW, is used to label material that may have a questionable title or include subjects that could potentially be NSFW, but are not. A truly "SFW" entity doesn't even need to be labeled. YOu can be broad and say discussion revolving around sex is NSFW, but if you do you also have to include things like profanity and drugs. You can't single out and say only sex is NSFW but allow other content that is generally accepted as NSFW in that same context. Especially when it is allowed prominently in some posts, and not others.
>>
>>1164220
Speaking of rules. When talk devolves into outright racism, it is a violation of global rule 3

>You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: Trolls, flames, racism, off-topic replies, uncalled for catchphrases, macro image replies, indecipherable text (example: "lol u tk him 2da bar|?"), anthropomorphic ("furry") or grotesque ("guro") images, post number GETs ("dubs"), or loli/shota pornography.

As far as NSFW content the rule states:
>All boards that default to the Yotsuba B or Burichan (blue) themes are to be considered "work safe." Violators may be temporarily banned and their posts removed. Note: Spoilered pornography or other "not safe for work" content is NOT allowed on the work safe boards.

As an image board, it can be logically assumed this mainly refers to images. The things that would cached and get someone in trouble, or could be seen and get them in trouble if an employer happened to see their phone or computer screen. If you want to extend it to discussion then you probably should not be on 4chan, because the general text on screen is of content that would be considered NSFW. To use the common sense ruler, "would you be having this discussion" , as fara s calling people faggots and such, in front of your boss?

As far as /trv/ rules there are only 3:
>Post images and information about various locales, places you've traveled, or hope to visit in the future.
>Feel free to ask questions about other cultures, and post in native languages.
>This board is for all the countries of the world. The more diverse, the better!

And women/sex/relationships are definitely a part of culture. And to single it out as NSFW amongst other egregious content that is just as bad. Drugs are way more degenerate and corrupt than sex. Not to mention the slurs. (some would argue more egregious content. There are have been more people fired for saying faggot than hooking up with women, even prostitutes. Even public officials can survive a sex scandal.)
>>
>>1164226
Lol if global rule 3 were strictly enforced, 90% of this website would be deleted
>>
People are too easy to troll these days. I remember a few years back some guy made a thread about wanting to visit Somalia that was clearly bait. Instead of a few sages it kept getting bumped and ended up with hundreds of replies. After the thread finally dies down, the guy goes on to make a series of stupid bait threads/post over the next few months which again get hundreds of replies.

The same goes for bait and /pol/ threads. Sage, hide, nothing else you can do. It would help if we had a better sticky, so people wouldn't insist on posting the same thread about generic questions for the 100th time.
>>
>>1163826

Stop being delusional. Every one of those threads is a bunch of wank-offs posting one-liners about brown people. There's rarely ever any substantive conversion.

Sex tourism threads are more of a grey area. I'm happy they're deleted, though - what a bunch of stupid repetitive garbage. If you need a stranger to tell you how to get laid or hire a prostitute, then you're already fucked.
>>
>>1164307
>though - what a bunch of stupid repetitive garbage. If you need a stranger to tell you how to get laid or hire a prostitute, then you're already fucked.

Once again, this same statement can be said about many other topics, but yet those threads get singled out. If ou don't want to discuss it, then sage and hide, but the responses they get, and the fact they keep popping up shows there is an interest. Seems to be much more interest than disinterest
>>
>>1164308
They get singled out because they usually have low relevance to travel and get completely off topic very easily.

You are right though, sage and hide.
>>
>>1163826
>not to offend the sensibilities of the delicate snowflakes of the far-left
Says the guy who made a thread to bitch about people calling him racist
>>
>>1164311

This.

>>1164308

I really have a hard time understanding how sex tourism and immigrants fall under the category of "travel." Most sex tourism threads I see are either discussions of prices and rates or general advice on how to pick up women. Having traveled to about 40 countries, some of which are culturally conservative and others of which are not, I am comfortable in saying that getting girls is pretty much the fucking same everywhere. Why do we need three different threads on how to find pussy in Hungary, Thailand, and Brazil? Is the strategy really that different? Is discussing how Thai women like MUH BIG WHITE DICK travel discussion, or is it a bunch of people talking about an activity that hundreds of millions of men and women do in every country, every day?

The same crap goes for immigrant threads. Nobody ever used to ask these kinds of questions until recently, because the /pol/ and /int/ memes hadn't yet propagated themselves so successfully. If you're going to not visit Paris or London because you're afraid of Moroccans or Pakistanis, you aren't cut out to leave your own couch.

That might indeed be valid discussion of a travel-related phenomenon, but threads like those always get off track and result in no substantive conversation being had.

I saw the 100+ reply thread you were talking about. It was a load of garbage full of name-calling and non-travel-related crap. I remember an India thread too that was taken down after a day or two wherein everybody was just saying "poo in the loo" and "subhuman rapists!"

This board is going down the shitter because of shit-tier posters.
>>
>>1164324
>Why do we need three different threads on how to find pussy in Hungary, Thailand, and Brazil?

Something that never happened. If so rarely. There is usually a more general thread type posted. Someone will ask about women among other things in a thread for a country, but rare is a thread surrounding women in a specific country a thing. Look through the catalog. Omce again, what you are saying about sex can be applied to a myriad of other subjects. Again, food is the best comparison. I do not see a valid reason to single sex out. And what is the solution to repitive threads that otherwise fall within the guidelines? You make a general/containment thread. The thing that's ironic is that mods/people don't seem to realize that by deleting the threads they are increasing their number.

And no, though women are the same in the big things, not in the details. The methods, and even the approach can vary from country to country. The way the demographic hangs out and maintains. Even with prostitution, the culture surrounding varies from place. And varying quality. You don't see the difference s between them, or it's validity as a travel activity, because it's not something that interests you, but it is objectively to no different than any other reason to travel. To say unequivocally thst all women are the same, would be by extension saying all people are the same, would by extension be saying all places are the same. If you believe thst then why do you travel?
>>
>that one ass blasted 'refugees welcome' fagboy got so upset over my response that he reported it to make it go away
My words may disappear from your screen but the idea will never go away. Your censorship only makes my words stronger.
>>
>>1164324

Good post there, I approve. You are a /trv/eller.
>>
>>1164344
There is a reason why edgy underageds like you are not welcome on /trv/. If you have never had a passport, you do not belong here. Plain and simple. This board is for people who actually travel, not edgelords who only come here to spout retarded /int/ memes.
>>
>>1163837
I was pretty shocked to see that. Paris wasn't full of niggers and hajjis when I was there.
>>
It's not a question of /pol/ spreading across to other boards. /pol/ is one of the fastest boards and was created to contain something that was already all too common on 4chan.

/pol/ has as much to do with this as the rise of right wing parties throughout Europe. Some people can't bury their heads in the sand and pretend like the cultural differences that people travel to experience are becoming increasingly lost by the decade.

The argument ten years ago was wether Europe was being drowned in Brown people. Today is wether it's a good thing or not.
>>
File: 1451876514350.jpg (1KB, 118x17px) Image search: [Google]
1451876514350.jpg
1KB, 118x17px
MODS ARE FUCKING CANCER NIGGERS ON EVERY BOARD GET USED TO IT.
>>
This whole conversation is baffling to me.

How can discussion about the quickly changing populations and cultures of travel destinations NOT be travel related?

This is crazy.
>>
>>1164446
Because that would be politically incorrect and multiculturalism is never cause for concern. 8^)
>>
>>1164446
because there is no discussion, it's just /pol/ bait

it's just "fuck mudslimes" "immigrants out" and other bullshit like that
>>
>>1164464
>it's just "fuck mudslimes" "immigrants out" and other bullshit like that
There are only 26 instances of the word "mudslimes" used on /trv/ over the past few years.

That doesn't take into account other anti-Muslim posts, but overall I would say you're making a big problem out of something that doesn't even really happen here.

http://archive.4plebs.org/trv/search/text/mudslimes/
>>
>>1164523
Because this place has been pretty tranquil for the most part. Count /pol/ buzzwords over any random three months from 2008-2015 (give or take), and compare it to the past three months. It's probably summer's death throes and everything, but still. There's a definite uptick in racially-motivated (shit)posting.
>>
Can we just get a name change to /trv/ - No You Can't Hitch Rides On Cargo Ships?
>>
I've noticed an increase in /pol/ shit recently but besides that this board has been relatively the same when i browsed several years ago.

Some folks have rose tinted goggles on.

This is still my favorite board on 4chan.

Just use that report button anons.
>>
>>1164464
Also

>France, Sweden, Germany thread
>hurrdurr allah ackbar

/pol/ shits don't contribute anything.
>>
>>1164446

That's not really true.

If a person makes a thread about how an area is losing its culture due to development or the replacement of the local population, that could be acceptable. The hard truth is that most people who make threads like that aren't interested in having serious conversations. They want to have their little /pol/ troll-fest, whine about brown people, and engage in no substantive dialog.

I've been to London. From the way people talk about it, you'd think it was overrun with Indians and Pakistanis. While their presence there certainly is noticeable, it didn't diminish my experience in anyway. Can we take a thread seriously if the subject is, "should I bother going to London because of brown people?" Is that person actually interested in traveling or are they just an edgy fuck trying to goad /trv/ into giving them a reaction?

>>1164524

This.

>>1164599

This-ish. /trv/ is still by far my favorite board on 4chan, but the recent uptick in shit-posting is anything but mild.
>>
>>1164611
>/pol/ shits don't contribute anything.

To be fair, neither do SJW smugflakes. Let's ban their threads, too.
>>
>>1164611
>>1164620
>be fair, neither do SJW smugflakes.

This. The threads on sex tourism are picking up women while traveling will have legit, mature conversation. Travel related, on topic, and in offensive. Whem someone takes it too far, they get called out. But them some SJW or real traveler starts shit posting in the same manner people complain about the /pol/sters. Even when they stay away the theeads eventually get deleted, even if it takes weeks.
>>
I have seen a thread deleted that was about Pattaya and specifically did not contain anything about sex tourism. Explain that one. Is the city not SFW, too?
>>
Can the janitors/mods stop deleting thread images unless it is illegal?

It's really obnoxious to see all sorts of "file deleted" threads in the catalog.
>>
>>1165364
I remember seeing it somewhere, but there is a rule against frog pics. That's what gets deleted.
>>
>>1163976
The most logical person on this thread.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.