[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dublin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Hi /trv/
Me and my family are going to dublin for 3 days in november. We’re not hardcore real travelers but not the lay around in the sun kind either. What are some cool places to visit there?
We really like neighbourhoods like camden market in london or the historical center of edinburgh.
Thanks in advance
>>
Ahhhh whaaatts the storrryyyy?
Yeah I'm from Dublin, there is a lot of cool shit to see in Dublin and the city itself is beautiful despite all the dirty skangers around the place. Do you have any particular interests?
>>
Apart from all the obvious places, if your family has a sort of macabre sense of humor, go to the Museum of Natural History. It is an old-school dead stuffed animals in glass cases museum, the taxidermy is old and in many cases bad, and an unsettling number of the animals have been preserved for eternity with what seems to be a goofy grin on their face.

Known locally as the Dead Zoo, it is worth an hour or so.
>>
File: P1000907-vi.jpg (337KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
P1000907-vi.jpg
337KB, 1400x1050px
>>1161399
Forgot pic...
>>
File: TCD_Long_Room_a.jpg (63KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
TCD_Long_Room_a.jpg
63KB, 400x267px
>>1161222
Guinness factory is touristy but if you like their beer its kinda cool

Trinity college has a crazy old library and some other interesting stuff.
>>
>>1161399
>>1161400
Ooh that’s so cool I love these kind of museums, I always spend hours in them drawing the animals

>>1161404
I think we’ll pass on the guinness factory (we’ve seen a lot of alcohol factories and it’s getting old)

But trinity college sounds fun!

>>1161343
There’s not really any story, we just tought "dublin seems cool"
>>
Visited in 2004, the enduring memory I have is the blood, vomit & piss present outside every pub (all painted matte black) of a morning. That and there being small denomination euro coins everywhere on the ground. Other than that it was a decent place, not much in the way of cultural activities besides eating & drinking, I found the really cool shit to be out in the counties.
>>
>>1161520
>there was blood, vomit and piss everywhere
>but other than that it's cool
kek
>>
>>1161516
What's the story is like a greeting among Dubs, like saying "what's up"? What's the craic is another common one...
>>
Rent a car and drive across to Galway and Clare and do the Wild Atlantic Way. Much better use of your time.

Though if there is a rugby game on in Dublin that weekend (Ireland take on NZ in November) there will be a great atmosphere around the city.
>>
>>1161635

That was just Dublin, which I am assured has improved a lot in the last 12 years (though many more nogs & shitskins now, which sucks). Every other place was decent or ridiculously quaint. Galway had some of the best looking women I've laid eyes on, and lots of good pubs.
>>
>>1161690
oh that's good to know haha

>>1161706
I'm not sure we have enough time to do the wild atlantic way, but we'll visit Galway!
>>1161761
aaand yet another reason to visit galway
>>
do any of you guys know if the shops are open on sundays there?
>>
Bumpety bump
>>
>>1163248
They are
>>
Bump for interest.

Bunch of guys going to Dublin for a few days in Oct. Youngish crowd (28-35), not so much into museums .

I get that you can spend some time in the pubs and stuff, what else do you do in Dublin? Couldn't find much to do in the city itself so thinking of spending half a day in Howth and one day in Glendalough/Kilkenny. Does that sound like a good plan?
>>
>>1161706
>Wild Atlantic Way
This, fuck Dublin. Take a week vacation and drive down, it's so beautiful.
>>
>>1161516
Guinness factory is ok, their rooftop bar is great for views of the city
>>
>>1166000
Avoid the area around Temple Bar if you're going drinking, complete rip off.
>>
>>1161404
>Guinness factory
>>1161516
>alcohol factories
>>1166067
>Guinness factory

It's called a "brewery" for God's sake.

Also Kilmainham Gaol for the history.
>>
I'm sorry for bumping this which is possibly an old thread but I'm completely drunk at the moment ad I just bought a ticket t Dublin in november as well like OP something I may regret tomorrow

can youbsee Dublin in a day? I'm going yo be there for 3 days but I was wonderinh if I shuod visit other places in Ireland instead of staying 3 days in dublin

I hear the countryside is beautiful but is it doable to go visit some place around dublin and come back at night to sleep at the hostel. Also I'm going alone and I'vw never been out of my country shouod I be okay?
thanks and I'm sorry
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.