[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quebec City

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Quebec.jpg (162KB, 1733x788px) Image search: [Google]
Quebec.jpg
162KB, 1733x788px
Hey trv,

Looking into spending 5 days in Quebec City in December for holiday. Looking to do sight seeing in Old Quebec as well as experience the food, shopping etc that it has to offer.

Does anyone have any past experience here? Random advice? Good places to stay?

Any input is appreciated!
>>
As much as I love Quebec City, five days might be a bit too long. I would recommend looking at other options just in case you get bored.

Depending on the week you might be able to go skiing/snowboarding, or visit Charlevoix which is one hour away. Squeezing a two-day trip to Montral would also be possible, but that would be rushed.
>>
>>1160873
I see. Skiing and snowboarding is a little out of my budget unfortunately. How long would you recommend for the city? Any must see places that aren't commonly listed?
>>
I've been to Quebec City many times and other than the small downtown area and the pricey places to eat there isn't much to do. It's pretty isolated. Montreal might be a more fun alternative. Not to mention English is far more common there if that is an issue for you.
>>
>>1161113
Thank you for the input! I will do more research into Montreal, you are not the only one to suggest it.
>>
Anyone have any insight or experience on Toronto's nightlife more detailed beyond what I can google?
>>
>>1161856
This is a way to make a thread into shit storm.

Generally speaking Montreal's nightlife better than Toronto's. Montreal has a later last call, more after hours places, and probably a higher percentage of nightlife-type people.

That being said, Toronto still has a decent nightlife. Spadina and College have some good places for music like the Silver Dollar and El Mocombo (El Mocombo is famous because the mother of Justin Trudeau fucked all the stones there one night). There are also student pubs nearby right across from UofT (go figure) like Einstein and O'Grady's.

There are tonnes of places to check out along Queen West, in downtown. It ranges from Medium sized venues, to punk bars, to relaxed jazz lounges, to irish pubs etc.

If you feel like going to some fun dives, go east of the Don Valley. My favourite it Bill Hicks at Carlaw and Queen. Young crowd, cheap drinks, free video games, and if you chat up the bartender he'll give you free shots.There are plenty of sports bars and dives east of Pape on the Danforth or East of Greewood on Gerrard.

If you want more info on it I can keep going, but I feel like I'm derailing the thread
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.