[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Countries you must visit before you die

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: background.jpg (321KB, 1200x698px) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
321KB, 1200x698px
I've grown really tired of life these past few years. I don't know if it's depression, anxiety or some other mental issue, but I have lost the will to live my normal life. The only thing that gives me hope and happiness is travelling. My days of travelling were truly the best days of my life. That freedom to do whatever you want without social or financial constraints, no need to stress and worry over the future and just live your life. I probably won't be around for very long so /trv/ tell me some countries to visit before it all ends. So far I've been to:

Thailand
Dubai
Qatar
Bahrain
Spain
>>
I hear ya, the feeling I had during my first real travel experience is one that I have been chasing ever since.. For me it was southern Italy and Greece... that was a long time ago...
The closest Ive been to reliving that enjoyment was Colombia... But I think its more the people you meet and interact with than the country itself... Its all circumstance.
>>
>>1160653
Just to know: where is the location that is depicted in your picture OP?
>>
>>1160662
Google image search works well in this case. It's Monte Fitz Roy, on the Chile-Argentina border.
>>
>>1160653
>social constraints

>Dubai
>Qatar
>Bahrain

you forgot saudi arabia and iran..
are there any countrys with more social constraints than those?
>>
File: end_the_pain.jpg (10KB, 235x185px) Image search: [Google]
end_the_pain.jpg
10KB, 235x185px
>>1160653
>Chile
>Argentina
>Norway
>Antartica
>Iceland
>USA(only Alaska here)
>Mongolia
>Japan
>Scotland
>Ireland

i will be lucky if i visit even one
>>
>>1160680
>Ireland

Really?
I've seen quite a bit of Ireland and frankly, wasn't too impressed.

The lack of trees kills the landscape for me. It's very green yes, but that's all it really is.
>>
>>1160692
Different folks like different things, I guess...
>>
>>1160653
Go to a remote Greek island for a week or two. Clear your head, drink some beer and eat seafood. This mellowed me out for a while.
>>
File: 1459131414146.gif (930KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1459131414146.gif
930KB, 270x270px
This is a pretty fucking long list for me.

>Senegal
>South Africa
>Germany
>All of Scandinavia
>Iceland
>Japan
>Chile
>Argentina
>Nepal
>India
>Australia
>New Zealand
>Russia
>Italy
>France
>Belgium
There's more but those are all I can think of right now.
>>
>>1160692
I really really really like stone castles and other ruins,and fields are also nice, but i can see where you are coming from
>>
>>1160653

Spain
>Castle and fortress tour baby.

Mongolia
>Get a guide and do a long distance horse ride
>All that harsh beauty

Turkey
>Visit Ottoman sites
>them Turkish cuisine
but it's about to turn into a jihad shit hole now. Too bad since Ataturk gave so much to prevent that country from turning into a mudslime hut and now this.

Japan and South Korea
>That culture and that street food

I'd say Rome and Greece too but it's a tourist spot and you from what my aunt told me you really can't take time to appreciate the Colosseum and other sites because of so many people.
>>
>>1160835
I appreciated the fuck out of the Colosseum.. I walked around freely the entire time without tourists bothering me. Rome was a sight to see.
>>
>>1160653
>without social or financial constraints
Well, if you're rich enough not to have those, then everywhere is good.
>>
>>1160670

It's different. Here at home I can't find the motivation to go out, make new friends, gain new experiences. My exisiting friends are all married with kids; I'm the single guy who is still finding it hard to find a girlfriend. That coupled with a lot of social anxiety and self esteem issues is what's making me depressed. However when I was travelling, even in countries such as Dubai, Qatar and Bahrain, I was free to be whoever I wanted, whatever I wanted to do. If I wanted to chill by myself and go sightseeing or go to a restaurant by myself it's fine. If you do that back home you're thought of as the weird loner. I could easily chat to locals and become friends with other travellers when abroad, explore new connections and experiences. I could reinvent myself and enjoy the present whereas back home I'm labelled by my occupation or family. I guess I need to get out of my small hometown, where everyone knows everything about everyone else.
>>
>>1160933
i understand but then you could just move to another state or just 100 miles away.

>I was free to be whoever I wanted, whatever I wanted to do

saying that related to the countrys you mentioned (dubai...) sounds like a joke to me. in these countrys you can not be whoever you want to be. fr example you can NOT be gay over there, you cant even drink a fuckin beer, you have no freedom of speech... dont ever say anything against islam... there a whole citys youre not allowed to visit if youre not muslim. woman have no rights... how the fuck can you even enjoy that?
>>
>>1160653
South Africa
Iceland
Iran
Georgia

I also have a thing for remote locations
>>
>>1160976

Dubai and Qatar yes things are restricted and it's hard to even meet the natives. But it's so fucking peaceful which is a good thing. Bahrain on the other hand is different. You can drink, talk to woman, party, have sex wit hookers, take drugs etc. They all turn a blind eye to it. All the saudi go there for a weekend of debauchery. But the people are cool as fuck.
>>
>>1160991
nazi germany was peacefull, was it a good thing too? i guess north korea is very peacefull, why dont you go there? i dont get in my head why someone would go in a religious (male) dominated country. is spain netherlands italy or whatever not peaceful? i understand that people are different and its a matter of taste where you like it or not.. but god damn human rights are not a matter of taste... how can you be so ignorant
>>
>>1161017
>is spain netherlands italy or whatever not peaceful?
Not anymore. Guess why.
>>
>>1161018
yeah them bad refugee monsters... i live in germany, i think we have the biggest amount of them, and to me nothing changed. its like you add 1 person to a group of 80 and then say that 1 person destroys the peace.. its ridicolous.. and i am not a "refugees welcome" idiot. and i am not a "all refugees are terrorist and rapist" idiot. its both so fucking stupid and ridicoulous. was in spain in summer and it was damn peacefull. where do you live? and please tell me where its peacefull then.
>>
>>1161023
>was in spain in summer and it was damn peacefull.
Meanwhile in real life:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itj2bPm6x9Y
>>
>>1161024
oh ok youre right, then my time in spain was not peacefull because of a riot somewhere else in spain. where are you from?
>>
>>1161025
>haha everyone else can fuck themselves lol i'm good haha fuck you got mine haha lol nothing matters except me
If that's your mindset, why are you even giving "advice" to others? No one else exists but yourself, so fuck off from other people's lives then.
>>
>>1161026
wtf i didnt give no advice to nobody, i just said that i dont understand. also you still didnt say where you from. have you ever been to the country you know so much about? do you know more than that youtube video?
>>
>>1161017

Dude, you srsly can't compare Dubai and Qatar to Nazi Germany.

>women have no rights
you can literally see women in bikinis on the beaches of dubai. Qatar is more restrictive, but women just go to the private pools/hotels. The only women that wear that black dress thing are native women. Apart from that expat women wear whatever they want but not drastically revealling (like short shorts with the arse cheeks hanging out).

>can't be gay in duba
you'd be surprised how many gay muslims there are in these countries. Sure it's hidden up and kept in secret, but it's still there.

>can't drink beer
Really? Alcohol is in every fucking bar in Dubai and Qatar. To get alcohol you just go to one of those shops and buy it. It's not like Saudi Arabia.

Dubai and Qatar are very family friendly places. And that's something I enjoy. The peacefulness, cleanliness, good mannered people etc. Would I go again? Probably not. It's made to be a rich person paradise, everything is superficial and there is a serious issue with human rights regarding labourers. I went to Dubai to see what the fuss was about. It felt very empty to me which put me off the travel, although I did enjoy my time there. I went to Qatar to meet friends, this time the cost of everything put me off, and the arrogance of some of the natives. I went to Bahrain as I heard it was better and vastly different from the other two. It was; it was a whole lot better. Bahraini people are down to earth and laid backed guys. And there isn't any human rights issues like dubai/qatar. Give it a shot, you may enjoy it.
>>
>>1161047
i think we have a different understanding of peacefull. also i just dont like the attitude of the whole area. there was a girl swimming in the ocean, in dubai i think, and she couldnt swim anymore, dont know why, but the lifeguard and her father watched her drown because her father didnt want the lifeguard to touch her. they build big halls so the can go skiing in the desert, while a few hundret mile further the people are dying from hunger. the refugees from syria, who speak the same language, share the same religion and a lot of their culutral background, come to europe. the gulf states dont give a fuck.. this shit is so fucked up dude... i will never go there
>>
>>1161047
>haha everyone else can fuck themselves lol i'm good haha fuck you got mine haha lol nothing matters except me

and also you are the one doing this. you dont fuck about other people, as long as you are having a nice peacefull time without them annoying refugees on the streets which we have here now...
>>
>>1161017
I am no professional historian, but I have this vague memory that here was some sort of altercation associated with Germany in the 40s...
>>
>>1161063
whuat? i really dont understand what you are trying to say. all i was saying is, that i can not understand how somebody can go for vacation in a country where human rights do not exist and then even talk about social constraints. and on top off all telling me that i only care about myself. its a fucking joke..
>>
>>1161063
of course i was talking about the time before war.. i thought that was clear....
>>
>>1160659

fpbp

when i was a kid and went traveling (greece mainly) with the family i connected with other kids and we had so much fun

now when i am in my early 20s that is much harder to find
>>
>>1160653
Brazil and Japan.
Maybe India
>>
>>1161085
>i can not understand how somebody can go for vacation in a country where human rights do not exist and then even talk about social constraints.

I understand the point you are making, and it is certainly valid if it is valid for you.

In my case, I think there is value to bearing witness both the what life is like in places under governments of which I do not approve, and, to the extent possible, being a witness about life in a more open country being something to which it is possible to aspire.

I also see to many shades of grey in all governments and cultures, and I am not sure I can figure out how to grade that. Should I only visit places of which I completely approve? That would limit me to essentially nowhere, plus I can't stay home. Should I maybe only spend half the time in a place I like half as much as some other place? Or maybe only have half the fun?

Fuck that, for me it get's more complicated than I am going to mess with. And in any case, I am not sure, given how much people, governments and media outlets lie, that I should take anybody else's word for what the Ground Truth is in some country they do not like.

I do not travel to change the world, I travel to see it, to witness what goes on, to experience things that are different from what I experience at home.

When I get the urge to save the world, I look for other approaches than staging a one man travel boycott.

But to each his own, you gotta follow your own conscience on that, and I get to do that as well.
>>
File: 1473945632607.jpg (3MB, 4019x2669px) Image search: [Google]
1473945632607.jpg
3MB, 4019x2669px
>>1160653
Let's see
My long list is:
Austria
Argentina/Chile (Tierra del Fuego)
Austria
Ireland
Norway
Greece
Malta
Mongolia
Vietnam
Straya
New Zealand
Samoa
New Guinea
The Marshall Islands
Kiribati
Micronesia
French Polynesia
The Marianas
Solomon Islands
The Philippines
I'm way too poor to see em all before i croak sadly. Anyone have any recommendations on my list?
>>
>>1160991
Uh, you can do all those things you listed in Dubai too (except for drugs), especially if you're an expat or a tourist nobody cares. There's tons of booze, partying and prostitutes in Dubai.
>>
File: IMG_20141209_141327.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141209_141327.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
>>1160653
Sup OP

i admire the way you life and i completely agree...

travelled a year in asia, and i know excactly what you mean and how you feel.
hopefully you meet a nice local girl next time

i've been to,
indonesia 4 months
india 3 months
thailand
malaysia
vietnam
cambodia
laos
sri lanka

only thing that make me happy is to know, within a year of 2 i am back there :D

pic related picture i made in vietnam. beautiful temple
>>
>>1161017
> i dont get in my head why someone would go in a religious (male) dominated country
Ever thought about how that might be a good thing if you are male ? At least here women arent excluded from law, like in some western countries.
>>
>>1162002
Unfortunately, that's not the case. Average women are in a far better position than average men, and low class men are in the worst position.
>>
>>1162004
>Average women are in a far better position than average men, and low class men are in the worst position.

kek, im sorry but its so easy to spot you bunch

we were talking about tourists here, and i certainly am in a better position as a male here.
Also i dont think low class men are worse off than their women, lol

Be a tourist in europe, dont be a 9000/10 and glance at a girl, and 2 secs later theres a flashmob shaming the shit outta you for sexually harassing her.
Well done cia
>>
>>1162013
>shaming
Yeah, and if it's a woman in a muslim country, you have 10 dudes beating you up or knifing you.
>>
If you're American/Canadian and haven't been to the countries you descend from you suck.
>>
>>1163094
I'll probably never get to visit Sweden or Scotland and I'm kinda mad about this. Fucking Muslims.
>>
This might seem mundane but I really want to see the American Southwest. I live in Canada and the only environment I really know is this temperate greenery with snowy winters. I want to see deserts, great rocky cliffs and canyons.

If I could afford to buy a decent RV and enough fuel and food without bankrupting myself, I'd drop everything right now and just go. Just staying in the same dumpy old town I've lived in my whole life is killing me.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.