[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prague

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: prague.jpg (10KB, 384x131px) Image search: [Google]
prague.jpg
10KB, 384x131px
anyone been to Prague? Looking to travel there alone in late Nov early Dec. I speak only English will I have any trouble communicating? What are some sites to see?

I am a single white guy in his 30's. I have been all over SEA by myself and am looking to go to Europe.
>>
>>1159766
>What are some sites to see?
>I am a single white guy in his 30's. I have been all over SEA by myself
Showpark -- Google it
>>
>>1159766
Been to Prague for a couple days once, it's real nice (especially when the weather plays along).

Absolutely hit up the old town square, it's pretty hard to avoid anyways.
>>
>>1159766
English will be enough, plenty of people speaking it on some level, in touristic areas no problem at all.

Sites depends on what you like, i suppose basics are historical sites like Charles bridge, castle, cathedral and stuff.
>>
File: IMG_0818.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0818.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>1159793
haha cool as fuck

yes i have spend time with the hoes. definitely interested in food, culture, and like old buildings and shit. i took this one in indonesia
>>
>>1159766
>anyone been to Prague?
Yeah 3 times now for 2 weeks each time.

>I speak only English will I have any trouble communicating?
Nope, pretty much everyone speaks English. If not fluent, they'll understand basic things, it's a tourist city.

>What are some sites to see?
Basically all over the city are monuments but check out Old Town Square.

Since you're a single guy you'll enjoy it. Cheap alcohol, beautiful women, prostitutes are cheap compared to most places in Europe and cigarettes are cheap as fuck too, at least for me anyway since I live in the UK and a pack of 20 Marlboro red is like £9.50 whereas they're only about around £3 there
>>
>>1159815
thanks

you have any luck with the local women? i dont mind the pros, your paying them to leave am i right, but also finding real girls is cool too.
>>
>>1159766
Don't let restaurants or bars screw you with the beer trick or anything other. Read about crappy places on Wikitravel and avoid them.

If you wanna eat for a good price, I recommend Straty & Nalezy, really nice place.
>>
>>1159766
Depends on what you want to see really. I lived in Prague for a couple of years. Amazing city.

I would recommend starting off by taking the tram (google maps has the tramlines and the metro.) The metro is real easy, a lot simpler than in a lot of other cities in europe. Especially the tram lets you see the city, easy to just jump off and go see whatever you wanna see. There are also night trams running, but the metro closes during the night.

I would occasionally take the tram (no.22 I think) up close to the castle and just walk towards down towards the city. The castle is nice, and the view is great. If you go from there towards the city you will see parts of the old city and the charles bridge. Beer is pretty cheap, and they serve it everywhere. Stay out of the bars around the touristy areas unless you want to pay a lot. Bars are great, lots of nice looking women.
>>
>>1159841
>you have any luck with the local women?

No, I never really got the chance. Well, I did but the only girls I got talking to (and got lucky with) were other foreigners. A Canadian, an Aussie, an American and a Kiwi, the full Anglo experience haha

Kiwi girl was the best. She was really cute and I spent my final week there with her going around the city.

Local girls are really nice though, very friendly. If I didn't get distracted by the other girls I'd have definitely tried my luck with a few of them.
>>
>>1159847
>Showpark
Yeah don't eat anywhere near the main square in old town. SO overpriced.
>>
>>1159766
Not as English speaking as I had read online - I would highly recommend going from Prague to Budapest, way better! My opinion anyway. I decided to live here (21yo white dude from Aus).

Saying that, Prague is still great - you'll love it! Eastern Europe is great right now.
>>
>>1159766
Just got back from a few days in Prague. Loved it. Since it's such a touristy town you won't have much of a problem finding your way around.

If you have time, check out the Sedlec Ossuary about an hour or so away by train. You can easily get to it by walking from the train station. See the chapel made of human bones.
>>
>>1160008

This is quite interesting, I'm actually planning to settle there. Are u czech? If not, what did u do for a living? Is easy/cheap to rent?
>>
Any hostel recomandations?
>>
Visit "Zlý Časy" pub at Náměstí bratří Synků. They have 3 floors and at each they have different draft beers (around 15-20 total)
>>
>>1159766
Fuck the tourist guides. Old town is nice, but you should check out the old twisting allyways. Broaden your trip beyond what most see, check the different city districts (Praha 1, 2, 3 ... etc.). Above all, walk around and don't be afraid to check out seldom taken paths. I wouldn't eat around downtown if the resturant is for tourists. There are a lot of good resteruants in the city, specifically downtown, but a lot of them tend to be expensive (e.g Kogos). If you want higher quality czech food, try out Olympia or Kolkovna (imo a bit more on the expensive side). Just explore, man. Avoid clubbing like the plague. It sucks. I know that Karlovy Lažne is one of the larger clubbing institutions in Europe, but it's not worth it.

Some locals will have a problem with English, especially the older ones, but it really shouldn't be a problem.

Watch out for pickpockets and conman. They are unfortunately common.

If you must do Charles bridge, do so in the morning before the tourists get there. Some interesting landmarks to check out, that are not commonly seen, include the masonic looking Goethe institute, the castle at Hvezda park, the street that runs down the side of the raised portion of the city that contains prague castle (Úvoz), the czech technical museum, and the city's many parks. Avoid palmovka during the night however, there are quite a few junkies.

If you're looking for a good place to drink just off old town square, I recommend the Ungelt. It's prices are pretty good for the area and the music is nice.

The nicest times to visit are spring and early-mid autumn. I think, however, that one of the most interesting times to visit is during Christmas (especially if it snows). Be warned, it is cold and windy drying Christmas and winter. Summer is hot, hot, hot and fucking humid. But the sun shines brilliantly.

I can't wait to go back home. Fuck, I didn't ask for these feels.
>>
What's the best way to travel from Cesky Krumlov to Hallstatt?
>>
>>1162102
>idos.cz

Travel to České Budějovice
take a train to Linz
from Linz to Attnang-Puchheim
then to Hallstatt
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.