[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scandinavia for WC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: Scandinavia.jpg (175KB, 1443x755px) Image search: [Google]
Scandinavia.jpg
175KB, 1443x755px
Hi /trv/,

I'm thinking in going to 2018 WC, but I thought I could arrive then by land via Scandinavia. So my intinerary would be pic related. Details
Oslo - 3 days (being one for resting after plane travel)
Way
Bergen - 2 days
Stavanger - 2 days
Stavanger/Stockholm - 1 day
Stockholm - 2 days
Stockholm/Helsinki - 1 day
Helsinki - 1 day
Helsinki/Moscow - 1 day

Returning
Moscow/Helsinki - 1 day
Helsinki - 2 days
Turku - 1 day
Stockholm - 1 day
Copenhagen/Malmo - 4 days
Gotemburg - 2 days

I still have 4 days free in the returning branch of my trip. In a previous thread anons suggested me to see Norwegian seacoast. My original planning was to go also to Trondheim, but it was logistically unfeasible.

Also, as it will be in the high season, how much months in advance do you recommend me for buying the tickets - include mainly Helsinki/Moscow one - reserve hostels?
>>
File: Scandinavia.jpg (303KB, 1443x755px) Image search: [Google]
Scandinavia.jpg
303KB, 1443x755px
>>1158572
Sorry, wrong map
>>
That Stavanger to Stockholm leg is gonna be really exhausting. Consider flying to Bergen instead and stopping in Oslo on the way from Stavanger to Stockholm.

Or even going to Trondheim instead of Stavanger, because the nature between Bergen and Trondheim is more interesting than between Bergen and Stavanger. Between the latter you've basically got "Prekestolen" and that's it.
>>
>>1158611
Another option would be Oslo to Bergen to Trondheim to Stockholm. If you do that you get the chance to visit northern Sweden as well.

If you wanna see what's between Bergen and Trondheim, look up "Geirangerfjord", "Næroyfjord", "Flåm"/"Sognefjord", etc. See the following Wikivoyage articles:

https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Sogn_og_Fjordane
https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/M%C3%B8re_og_Romsdal
>>
If it is not strictly Scandinavian tour you could add one or two days at Tallinn, Estonia. There is frequent boat travel between Helsinki - Tallinn, and it is not too expensive. I'd take the Linda Line speedboat, there's several departures daily and you won't waste the whole day on boat. Tallinn has beautiful old town area and if you avoid tourist traps it is in general cheaper than Helsinki (food,beer,hotels at least).
>>
File: 20160727_163801.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160727_163801.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
>>1160376
Seconding this. If you have a few spare days, it will be well worth considering at least a day trip from Helsinki to Tallinn (70km by ferry, which adds up to between 2-3 hours depending on service. Also, the world's first commercial ekranoplan route is set to debut between the cities some time within the next few years.
>>
>>1158572
You need a visa for Russia with the exception of St Petersburg. And it's not worth getting one for only two days.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.