[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World Travel - Little Money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 8416071588_e11b030bf4_k.jpg (343KB, 1434x960px) Image search: [Google]
8416071588_e11b030bf4_k.jpg
343KB, 1434x960px
Sup Anon? I'm a long term amateur photographer working on going pro and building a stronger portfolio. For this, I'm thinking of doing some world travel next year for 6-9 months. I'm thinking maybe Europe (Germany, France, Spain), Sweden, Norway, & Vietnam.

I'm from the USA and have never done any /int/ travel besides short Canada trips. That being said, I've done a lot of "on the road" type traveling throughout the USA. I'm familiar with the whole Food Not Bombs, squats, hitching, sleath camping, delicious trash food, busking, etc. culture.

How easy would it be to float around those parts of Europe, Scandinavia, and Asia with little money? I would have some type of device I could connect to WiFi, a hiking pack, sleeping bag, tent, etc. and about $5,000 USD. I'd be fine doing short term work.

OP image shot in Olympic Nat'l Park, WA
>>
>>1157538
Scandinavia is ridiculously expensive. Definitely not a budget destination.
>>
No. You need more money for that
>>
In Sweden we have a law that translates to Everyone's right, or something like that, basically it entails that you can camp for a night anywhere you want as long as you don't disturb the property owner, meaning don't sleep on their lawn but if they have a field that's okay, you don't have to pay for camping sites like in the US unless you're camping with a RV, but who does that. I'd probably recommend getting provisions beforehand and going to northern Sweden, you can get a train ticket for a reasonable price, though I'd probably go to Finland or Norway for photography, they're more wild, but at the same time Norways expensive as fucking hell.

But if there a will there's a way, I made a month in Northwest USA and Alberta/bc on boondocking camping provisions and a $16 unlimited mileage car, relatively inexpensive (especially since I drove 6000 miles on a car I had 3 weeks so just 300 something bucks for the car, and gas, but a 40mpg car does fine
>>
File: 1470395906398.png (30KB, 1425x625px) Image search: [Google]
1470395906398.png
30KB, 1425x625px
$15K for RTW? Depends if you have more time than money, than you can take shitty flights off-season, use slow-but-cheap transport, etc.

I honestly have no clue for the entire thing, I can tell you for a fact though, that you can traverse EU and (South East) Asia with low-cost carriers and inexpensive buses so if you time it right you can go from British Isles to Russia for next to nothing.

I'd say it's pretty difficult to travel, let alone have the time, energy and will to take professional images. With such a low-budget you'll feel like shit most of the time due to lacking of proper shelter and food.
>>
>>1157538
That will last you about 2 weeks in Scandinavia and 1 month in Western Europe.

Why do you think you can just "do short term work" without a work visa and a shitload of red tape btw?
>>
>>1157846
>2 weeks in Scandinavia and 1 month in Western Europe.
>5k USD
Maybe if you sleep at a Ritz hotel.
>>
>>1157850
Do you think you can live like a tourist for less than the average monthly salary?
>>
>>1157851
5 thousand dollars is less than the average monthly salary in Western Europe? Most interesting. Tell me more, please.
>>
>>1157852
No, 2.5k is, you can basically finance two weeks in Scandinavia which is more expensive, and 1 month in 3-4 Western European countries with 5k. That's barely month and a half, I personally couldn't stretch it to two months and I fucking live here.
>>
>>1157853
I've no idea what the hell you're doing then. I'm from Eastern Europe and managed to see most of the west on a shoestring budget of ~250 euro/week. Restaurants and fancy hotels are out of the question, but it's perfectly doable.
>>
>>1157850
>not using a hostel
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.