[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone Costco travel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: costco-travel-logo.png (22KB, 402x200px) Image search: [Google]
costco-travel-logo.png
22KB, 402x200px
I'm getting married next month and haven't planned a honeymoon.

We're both untraveled and in the US. I'm eyeing something like a 9 night Mediterranean cruise for $4k for everything.
>>
>>1156980
>We're both untraveled and in the US. I'm eyeing something like a 9 night Mediterranean cruise for $4k for everything.
Pros to using a "travel agency" for travel. Comprehensive travel insurance (in case of weather, illness or some other cancellation). The airfare plus a cruise is tricky. Make sure you have a day ahead of your cruise at your destination, imho, esp for such a long cruise.

Cons of booking with a travel agency, the cruise lines paid a commission and seem less likely to bump you up or deal with your issues.

Do not get on some foreign line, but one that has american/british/norwegian crew in the Mediterranean.

Is it a good deal? Price out your cruise on RCL or whatever cruise site. Then the airline. See what happens?

Costco's majority cardholders are 100k salary households and higher. Fact. So, are they shilling shit? Not usually, or it wouldn't last. My cousin in Chicago buys the memorial day Disney vacation every year. I think it's too hot for Orlando, but she clearly saves money, and gets a nice resort too. I cruise about 3x/year, and I have used ecruises.com for years, but the owners are retiring soon. Their feature was that if you didn't use the insurance (which you must have in case of airlifting off a ship), then they refunded the insurance back to your credit card. :o I would spend about $80-120 for the insurance, and then get it back.
>>
What is it with people and cruises?
Overpriced alcohol and being stuck on a shitty boat for 10 days is not fun.

Aren't there any nice beaches or getaways where you can calm down, have a drink and fuck?
>>
>>1156980
>cruise
Why not just kill yourself?
>>
>>1157149
Being stuck on boat with people you care for. Cruises aren't about the destination, but the escape with the person/people you care about. It's about who you are with, not where you are going.

Crushes are actually fun. My wife's first international trip was a cruise, and it's a good way of getting a taste of places before investing in a longer term trip to a single destination. Beyond couples, cruises are also economical and great for families.
>>
>>1157167
>economical
>$4k
Err...
With that kind of money, you can chill out in Thailand, Croatia, wherever...
>>
>>1157172
That's not a comfortable proposition for a 1st time traveler. I'm taking my wife to Thailand for her birthday. But prior to that, her first real travel experience was a cruise. And depending on when and where he is coming from in the USA, the plane tickets alone to Thailand can be 4K for 2 people.

Yes, there are ways around this but again, remember that this is their first trip, and their honeymoon. You want this to be a worry free experience where everything is done and catered for you. In addition, as I stated before, for these type of trips, the destination is just a backdrop for time spent with each other. It's a get away, not a get to.
>>
I have not been coming to this board for very long, but it seems many of the people here are young, travel with very little money, and have attraction to backpacking across Europe than something like a cruise or an all inclusive.

I understand that, and I would have reacted the same way, well maybe not suggested kill yourself before going on a cruise, but no recommended one.

When you get older, your attitudes change, Comfort and relaxation becomes more important and excitement and adventure a little less so.

I have not done one, but I can see the value in one of those cruises. You get to see a lot of places, good food, clean bed every night, entertainment provided. I will say without doing any research on it, 4K does seem high. Cruises are like plane tickets, lots of deals and specials and nobody on board paid the same price. Good luck
>>
>>1156980
Look look for the same cruise direct from the cruise line's website and compare. Also look at other agencies.

Being close to a Delta hub, I usually book through skymile cruises http://www.skymilescruises.com/

Even if you don't book through them it's am easy way tobsee what cruises are available from multiple lines and locations. If you find one cheaper you can likely get Costco, or even the cruise lone itself, to price match.
>>
>>1157167

>Being stuck on boat with people you don't care for.

FTFY

You know most of your fellow travellers will be annoying pricks, and the worst ones will latch themselves onto you every day, every excursion, every meal.

>My wife's first international trip was a cruise

She lost her virginity to a cabin boy and still has feelings for him.

OP how do you handle the boredom of being confined to the artificial environment of a soulless ship, day in, day out?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.