[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

things to do in new York

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 0

taking a trip to new York city in October from toronto. I'd like to plan my trip ahead of time. if you could give me some ideas for things to do. I'll make a list of stuff I like and dislike to help you

-hood shit. planning on going to the Marcy projects and also see where big L died
-good food.
-hole in the wall restaurants
-good cheap food. family run, comfort food
-cool architecture. old or new
-abandoned shit. planning on going to that hospital
-weird shit. going to some restaurant that's hidden in a wall
-flea markets and fake shit. like knockoff products
-taking cool above ground subway or just cool bus routes
-seeing all the boroughs
-weird food like cronuts
-deserted places (I know it's new york)
-run down areas
-urban exploring
-locals only places
-used books
-doing stuff at night (what to do in the city at night?)
-ethnic shit
-BBQ
-donuts and bagels
-wack tourist attractions (I know I'm contradicting myself) like black Creek pioneer village, the dildo museum, museum of guns.
-things normal people don't like (my favorite part of Toronto is scarbourough )
-I'd like to see the house and places from the royal tennenbaums
DISLIKE
-tourist shit
-museums, unless it's a weird museum of dildos or shrunken heads
-parks
-expensive food
- hipsters
-shit that's like toronto (is Manhattan like toronto? )
-bars/clubs/concert venues
-seafood
-white neighborhoods
-expensive shopping areas
-vegan organic bullshit

where's the cheapest area to stay for air bnb. we're spending 4 full days in NYC. thank you guys! I might add likes and dislikes as I think of things.
>>
plz help
>>
you sound like an extreme hipster, but overall I think I can help you out
>>
>>1156859
I hate hipsters though lol
>>
>museums, unless it's a weird museum of dildos or shrunken heads
Boy do I have just the thing for you. http://www.museumofsex.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npiodtSTivQ
>>
>>1156865
sweet
>>
>>1156826

okay so for hood shit (as well as above ground subway)

You should check out the South Bronx (which itself is composed of several neighborhoods), it's my favorite "hood" area of NYC. It interests me the most, and you see lots of big booty Puerto Rican and Dominican girls walking around, which I don't think you really have in Toronto.

for food, I'm not exactly an expert but there's a lot of great food options in the city, and different ethnic enclaves have good food of their respective country. There are several Asian, Hispanic, West Indian, Eastern European enclaves. You should also try out a diner, I'm not sure if Toronto has those but they're open late and pretty versatile. Also order a bacon egg and cheese (classic New York sandwich) from a ghetto looking bodega.

I don't know too much about abandoned shit, or flea markets. There's an abandoned psychiatric center in Kings Park, about an hour and a half away from NYC city limits, but I seriously do not recommend going there as a tourist even though it's pretty cool.

Seeing all the boroughs is pretty easy

I don't know much about weird food

There actually are deserted places in New York, but I doubt they would be of much interest to you. There are parts of Brooklyn and Queens that are desolate for NYC standards. Look up a neighborhood called "The Hole" which is on the border of Brooklyn and Queens, that might be of interest to you.

Run down areas, see my first post. There are a lot of ghetto areas in NYC but they're not really that dangerous for the most part and many of them are gentrifying. It's really not too hard to find them.

Architecture, there's a nice mix of old and new. I find old more interesting, I like the way the tenements in the Lower East Side and the East Village look. Something that might surprise you is how built up the residential neighborhoods are, NYC is one of the densest cities in the world.

Locals only places? This isn't Tokyo, you won't really find any.
>>
>>1156864
Hipsters love saying they hate hipsters.

Anyway,

>cont'd

Doing stuff at night, there is lots to do at night but it's almost all bar centric and you said you don't like bars. But I seriously recommend you check out the bars anyway, they're a lot of fun. The bars in NYC don't close until 4AM and they tend to be pretty lively.

In Manhattan, the best neighborhoods for nightlife are the Lower East Side and East Village, and in Brooklyn, Williamsburg.

It's pretty easy to avoid the shit you don't like. There aren't many true "white neighborhoods" unless you go deep into Staten Island, which you won't as a tourist. There are some upscale neighborhoods in Manhattan that lead towards white, but you see plenty of minorities walking around still.

As for parks, you should check out a few parks at least, they're pretty cool.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.