[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your travel shoes. I found this combination pretty good,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160830_232127.jpg (4MB, 4160x2336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160830_232127.jpg
4MB, 4160x2336px
Post your travel shoes.
I found this combination pretty good, they're both very comfortable for longer walks and even easy hikes, also the Nikes are very light and dry fast. However I can't do proper treks in them, especially mountainous ones.
So any recommendation on comfy hiking sneakers (is that a thing?) is welcome
>>
>>1156561
>Comfy hiking sneakers

Tbh it does depend on where you're trekking/hiking, but since it usually involves waddling through streams and rivers, humid growth and the weather can go sour, sneakers are not the best option. I know hiking boots are not really fashionable but they are always the best option (goretex).
>>
>>1156561
new balance 710's, but they don't breathe for shit

i've danced hard for 6+hrs straight on asphalt and had no problems from them. Walked 10 miles and my feet were fine.
>>
>>1156597
What about trail running shoes?
Tbh proper hiking boots are just too heavy for me to carry around when I'm only hiking every two weeks or so
>>
>>1156561
I wear converse everywhere except for slippery hikes. shoes don't really matter as long as they don't rub and you have strong feet. if you're a modern human and your feet have atrophied, that's already a problem, and it can't be corrected via shoes.

>>1156744
>trail running shoes
should suffice if its not wet. I wouldn't wear them anywhere I expect to run into a river. the only necessary part of hiking boots is the tread, and only if shit gets wet. if it is wet though, you don't really wanna take chances. one fall could fuck up your entire life.
>>
>>1156561
Had Palladium boots and Reef slippers with me last trip. The boots were OK although the sole was not hard enough to hike over rocks etc. The reef slippers I recently got where a pain in the ass, just the amount of blisters I got from them and they broke down pretty quick. (the previous pair I owned where godlike, had them for 5 years and only had to throw them away because my big toe was only 1mm apart from the ground because of wear.
Next time I perhaps will get some trail running shoes.

Almost bought some arcteryx acrux but the guy in the store said they wouldnt 'breathe' enough in tropical climates. They were godlike for the brief moment I tried them on.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.