[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Festival Tents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: Lowlands_tents.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Lowlands_tents.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Going to a music festival over new years and wanted to know which tent you all recommend for 4-6 ppl.

Its during Australian summer so 30-35*C (85-95*F for you USFags).

If there are some that are for fewer occupants then its not an issue we can buy a couple just want to know the best quality ones recommended and thought travellers would know which ones are best
>>
How wild of a festival is it?

Do you go camping a lot outside of festivals (guessing not as you don't seem to have a tent anyway)

If I were you I'd either get some dirt cheap ones (you'll hate it with a passion in 35 degree weather) and throw it away/leave it there

If you personally might go camping again, get a pop up one but make sure you're able to put it away easily before you leave because there's always a bit of a knack to them.
>>
>>1156428
>6 people sharing 1 tent during a festival in 30+°

Yeah nah mate. Either get 6 small dome tents for like $30 each or deal with the worst stink imaginable. Do you have idea what 6 drunk sweaty dirty drugged up guys covered in spilt beer are going to smell like after 3 days in high heat with no showers?

Reconsider bro
>>
>>1156457
pretty wild thats for sure and ive never been to a festival over several days before so never needed a tent.

>>1156476
and you make a good point about the smell i might just get my own swag then, cheers for the heads up
>>
>>1156641
dont get a fucking swag just buy a cheapo tent for $30.

You can't have fun in a swag
>>
>>1156428
go to your equivalent of walmart and buy 2 cheap 4 person tents (trust me you want extra room). Don't think too much about it, just make sure the rain fly works. Sometimes assholes cut into tents to rob them, so I wouldn't bring anything worth a lot.
>>
>>1156662
me and some mares are driving there so im going to keep my valuables in my car once we're at the camp site

any recommendations with staying clean without access to showers? maybe portable ones or something else
>>
Here's a good music video I saw recently

*clears throat with a clicking noise*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8btR2U2EM_Y
>>
>>1156428
i always get a cheap tent for festivals because they usually end up broken or generally worthless and use better quality/ more expensive tents when camping with friends
>>
>>1156476
Good suggestion. Although a bigger tent will be colder due to the heat being displaced. My major concern with a festival during the summer is the heat. I'd try and get something lightweight and dark colored to reflect the heat. Would also help if it had a full fly that was easy to take off.
>>
>>1156671
Baby wipes and hand sanitiser!!!
>>
>>1156704
portable shower or nah?
>>
>>1156711
Nah lad

The trick to enjoying festivals is to embrace the dank rather than fight it. All you need is baby wipes and hand sanitiser. Any more and you're just being a weak cunt
>>
>>1156428
oi dude, is this for falls fest?
>>
>>1156730
yeah mate
>>
>>1156734
fuk oath, i live in byron. so ez to get in
>>
>>1156737
wheres best to stay in byron afterwards? staying for a week or so with mates
>>
>>1156740
'if youre keen on camping, stay at Watigo;s beach caravan park dude. such a chill spot, its like 50 meters away from the beach. you can walk straight into town. takes like 5 mins.
>>
>>1156742
byron bay is fucked nowadays though, more like byron pay. check out some of the other little coastal towns if youre keen, like kingscliff and cabarita
>>
>>1156730
I hear it's going to be bananas in pajamas (good)
>>
>>1156758
splendour was so good, and falls is essentially the same
>>
>>1156703
>dark colored to reflect the heat
dark colours reflect heat?
>>
>>1156765

yeah i thought it was the opposite. get a light coloured tent OP with either for 1 or 2 extra people so u and ur mates have enough room. those things are heaps cramped
>>
>>1156641

>falls
>wild

kek, but if this is your first always remember a table and shading.

I've only been Lorne falls and it absolutely belted down on us drinking all day. Didn't make the same mistake at splendour but still crisped me up, even in winter.

A good tip that literally no one follows - roll up all the windows of the tent and leave it that way. No ones going to break in and take your rice crackers or muesli bars so its worth it to let the breeze in all day. Being in byron (i presume?) it wont hit Lorne temps at night so it'll be comfy af.

As for tents? fuck em, get a (small) two person for yourself. Any will do. If you have an Anaconda up your way they'll do you one around 200 that's more than enough.
>>
Here you go kiddo. Kmart Australia has cheapo tents for $15 each. Buy 6, use em, if they get beat up just leave them when you go.

http://www.kmart.com.au/product/dome-tent---blue,-2-person/730941

Everyone should have their own tent, you're not 12 anymore
>>
>>1156791
agree with this guy, take something like a table for u and yr friends. take a decent tent and keep enough room for an extra person and use it yrselves. roll up or remove the windor flaps and get that mofo airing out

it all makes it more comfortable which will make a big difference at the time
>>
I never take tents on festivals. Sleeping bag is pretty much all i ever needed. If it rains, party until it stops
>>
>>1157144
arent you a fucking hero
>>
Threads with good advice!

Take a cheap large tent, if the forecast is good leave all vents open and if it gets jumped on and broken swap it with a mates when they're away and ditch it at the end of the festival.

People in swags get trampled at festivals.
>>
>>1157144
Please come to the UK and try that.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.