[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Zealand Working Holiday Visa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: AF9uBBj.jpg (46KB, 398x605px) Image search: [Google]
AF9uBBj.jpg
46KB, 398x605px
anyone ever done a working visa in New Zealand? I'm a 20 year old american with about 4k saved up. Will save up even more through the next few months, almost done with my CC degree. I'm considering doing a working holiday visa in New Zealand next year until I feel like going back (before it expires of course).
>>
>>1156188
op here, seems like I wrote a lot more but it didn't post, oh well.

are restaurant jobs a possibility? Do people hire people on temporary visas, most of my work is food related and I love working in food. But, I will go wherever the work is, so something like picking fruit isn't out of the question.

Also what websites are good for looking at buying a car? Just trying to brainstorm for this kind of stuff at the moment.
>>
>>1156192
>are restaurant jobs a possibility?
Yes, definitely.

Check out http://www.backpackerboard.co.nz/ and gumtree

You might also want to consider working in Australia over New Zealand.
>>
>>1156215
Not OP, but why would Australia be preferable to NZ?
>>
>>1156215
Op here

I'm interested in both desu. However, I've heard Australia is more expensive and its more expensive to own a car.
>>
>>1156221
>>1156232
Australia might be better because the pay would be better and there are more jobs. If you really enjoy it, you can also extend the visa by a year under certain circumstances.

New Zealand has a lot of great nature and adventure sports, but it can also be pretty boring if you're looking for good nightlife or something like that and not in a major city...

To put that in perspective, I would say Wellington is the best city after Auckland and it has just 200,000 inhabitants. Major Australian cities are all in the millions.

Although if you are only doing this for one year and treating it primarily as a holiday, earning potential might not matter much.

In all honesty, I would choose New Zealand, but there are certainly drawbacks.

You might want to spoof your Tinder location in a few cities in each country for a while and see what you think of the women in each country.
>>
>>1156240
Sorry, I didn't realize my post would look so bad desu.
>>
>>1156240

wellington interests me. I don't really care for big city life that much. Been living outside of a major city in the USA for 20 years and i'm looking for a change of pace regarding commutes/transportation. Only thing I really care about is the big name concerts that come through, which I can live without if there are some good local DJ's.

i'm fairly religious, so i'm not looking to get laid. Thanks for looking out though!
>>
>>1156232
>and its more expensive to own a car.

Both are going to seem very expensive compared to America. Gas is like $6 USD a gallon.
>>
>>1156245
You might have luck with big name concerts in Wellington -- Guns N Roses will be there next year -- but if a band has to choose just one city, it will almost assuredly be Auckland.

I would choose Wellington as long as you can find a decent job there.
However, there's also something to be said about moving around jobs/locations.
If you end up in NZ, you should try to get a job in the South Island as well and explore down there, even if just for a month or two.
>>
>>1156260
thanks! Everything is still up in the air, just trying to bounce ideas
>>
Takeaway owner in mt maunganui here.

Dont tell people you are on work holiday visa because they will rarely hire you.

Say you just moved here.
>>
>>1156749
does it matter if I'm blatantly american? I have a bit of a southern drawl. Fellow americans don't notice, but people in Europe did. I say y'all a lot. I thought they had to scan my visa to be employed legally n shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.