[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sao PAulo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

hi /trv/
So I'm going to Sao Paulo in December to visit family.
Any one of you who have been there? What are things to do there for tourists? Is it really that dangerous to go to the city center? Is there even anything to do there for a tourist?
>>
>>1156058
Anyone who have been there on vacation?
>>
>>1156127
We are a slow board, don't panic. Check back every day or so.
>>
I've never been to Sao Paulo but I was really interested in moving there for a while so I've done a bit of research. Obviously anyone who has actually been there can overrule me but from what I've gathered ...

>What are things to do there for tourists?
There are lots of old historical sites and the city is very lively. People go out a lot and it's actually a fucking huge city. There should be no shortage of things for you to do if you are adventurous, and if you're more cautious there are some touristy things to do too, like go to old churches and stuff. There is a lots of good food and night life.

>Is it really that dangerous to go to the city center?
Not from what I've gathered. It gets a little rough at night when people go out to party, but it's nothing that can't be avoided by not getting drunk and keeping your wits about you. It seems more dangerous than New York but safer than Rio.

Downsides are that there isn't much public transport and the traffic is horrible. But it's the capital of an emerging market economy, there's tons of nouveau riche looking to exercise their sense of luxury and lots of young cosmopolitans looking to be artists and creative types. It's a world class city as far as I can tell, just one that is still Brazilian, which means it comes with all the good and bad baggage of the country.

Brazilians are also famously libertine.
>>
Yeah, it's relatively safe to go to the city center and there are some cool things to do. Just be on your guard, don't trust anybody (specially cab drivers or Uber dudes), never ride the buses alone and don't go where's too much beggar laying on the ground or where you see black adolescents acting strange and in groups.
>>
>>1156199
Cool, thanks for the answer.
I'm more cautious since my family won't let me go out when it's dark. They barely want to go to the city center because ''it's dangerous''.
>>1156207
> Just be on your guard, don't trust anybody (specially cab drivers or Uber dudes)
Can I ask why not trust cab drivers? :X
>or where you see black adolescents acting strange
strange how?
ALso. Will I get my iPhone stolen if I walk with it in my hand and what about a big camera?
>>
I live in São Paulo, here is what you can visit:
- Avenida Paulista (the best in on the sunday, because they close the street for cars, so there is a lot of animations)
- Liberdade, it's the Japanese district, on weekends there is a market with asian stuffs and Brazil-Japanese food, very nice
- Municipal Market
- City centre, it's nice, just don't go by night and be careful with stuffs
- Parque de Ibirapuera, it's like our Central Park, it's very nice too
- by night go to the districts of Pinheiros, Vila Madalena or Rua Augusta, there's a lot of bars and nightclubs
- eventually I recommend the Praça Pôr do Sol, you have to go there during the sunset, it's very beautiful.
>>
>>1156811
Thank you, very informative :)
I googled Praça Pôr do Sol it looks so beautiful. What kind of animations are there on Avenida Paulista?
>>
>>1156841
There are concerts, magicians, some shows or parades, even some markets. It depends but it's very nice, you just walk in the street and stop whenever you see something you like. ;)

If you have other questions I can respond!
>>
>>1157052
Cool :)
About crime in Sao Paulo, do you think I will get my iPhone stolen if I walk around with it in the Avenida Paulista, Liberdade and other places like those or is it normal to do that? And what about a big camera?
>>
>>1157176
I think Avenida Paulista is quite safe, but in other places I wouldn't recommend you to walk with it. Keep it in your pocket most of the time, and take it out when you need it for taking pictures or to find your way.
Be careful especially if you go in the centre or if you go out at night.
>>
>>1157194
>>1157194
ok great :)
thanks for the advice anon!
>>
>>1156420
>Can I ask why not trust cab drivers
Because they attack anybody who enters a black vehicle.
>>
>>1157798
Who attacks? The cab driver attacks you if he's black (black: doesn't pay taxes)? What about real taxis?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.