[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PEI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: peina.png (31KB, 320x350px) Image search: [Google]
peina.png
31KB, 320x350px
I'm going to P.E.I. (Prince Edward Island) Canada, in the mid-September timeframe. Probably driving through Maine to get there.

Does anyone know about any cool stuff to see/do there that isn't widely known?

I will have about a week and will have my own vehicle, if that makes a difference.

Any cool stuff to see in Maine?
>>
>>1155441
PEI is fucking tiny, m8, there isn't much to do or see besides Cavendish and Charlottetown.
>>
>>1155444

I am I going to be bored to death for a week?

I read that there are a bunch of breweries and good restaurants, any personal recommendations?
>>
>>1155441
Dude, nothing in PEI is widely known
>>
>>1155445
>I am I going to be bored to death for a week?
Depends on you, I guess.
I went there with my friend for about a week and it was nice, but we did go during summer so getting drunk on the beach was a major way to spend the time.

>I read that there are a bunch of breweries and good restaurants, any personal recommendations?
There's a place on the north side that makes pretty good vodka. Also you can't really go wrong with the seafood in general. Scallops and mussels were fucking crazy.
>>
Is the "fan taz ma goric" museum worth it? Looks hokey/tourist trappish...

http://cavendishsavings.ca/fan-taz-ma-goric-museum/
>>
>>1155441
Well there's the singing sand beach
http://www.basinhead.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UPvzmkK15c
>>
>>1155486
Kinda weird/nifty, I'll try to check that out, thanks.
>>
>>1155441
I was in the Maritimes year before last around this time, but I flew into Halifax from NY. I'm sure you could enjoy the ferry from Portsmouth to Yarmouth, but I did everything but PEI, which I heard (sorry) is not as interesting outside of the literary interest for Anne of Green Gables fans.

What I did:
Halifax: enjoyed a couple days of the busker festival, local food from thai to seafood, the Maritime museum which had some Titantic history as well as a couple ships to explore, a funky board gaming cafe, inside the Governors house (rare to get a tour but open during the festival), cannons at the Fort (which was boring if you don't do a tour. I found it interesting that they locked in the troops at night so they didn't escape, haha).

Then I drove down past Peggys Cove and all the lighthouses, and had a glorious 2 days at the darkest place in North America, the Trout Point Lodge, which was a luxury hotel-camp, with gourmet chef, guitar music at campfires, guided mushroom walks, kayaking, telescopes, you name it. It was like staying with rich friends who entertained you.

I enjoyed Yarmouth, where I ate some lobster off the boat at Stan's Lobster. Then did overnighted in Annapolis where I had a candlelight historic tour from a college professor character who introduced us to rappie pie, local apple cider, and other goodies, while we learned some great acadian history. I saw the Tidal Bore, wineries, clam digging, and other nice things on my drive up to Cape Breton, where I stayed a night in baddeck, going out on a nice sailboat to see the "lake", Bells' house. Then his museum, a hike, and heard some live kitchen music that night (from 2 fantastic musicians who just happened to be blowing through town to see family). Next day started the Cape Breton trail, stopping at the Gailic college for a bagpipe lunch, music class and little tour of some very nice antiques (one of the highlights of the trip and better than anything I'd seen in Ireland). Trail A-OK
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.