[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have no clue where to post this But if my father is deceased

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (157KB, 575x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157KB, 575x460px
Have no clue where to post this

But if my father is deceased and passed his motorcycle to me, can I somehow acquire it even if I can't find the plates. I have the vin# , his death certificate and my own drivers license which proves I'm his son. Would it still be possible to acquire anothe title for his vehicle. Sorry if this is coming from left field, but you seem to be the only board that can help me. Maybe.
ANY help would be so appreciated.
>>
>>1155026
Yes, but the paperwork you need depends on whether an estate was opened after he died. Just go to your local DMV or google "deceased relative lost title" for more info.
>>
>>1155029
Also sorry about your dad.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 600x800px
>>1155029
Thank you anon for the info and your kind words in the following post.
>>
>>1155026
Did he leave a will, and/or is there an executor for his estate? I think if you can show ownership legally passed to you, you can register it in your name no problem.

My condolences too. My father passed away 5 years ago and I still feel shitty about it.
>>
>>1155051
I have a copy of his death certificate. That is all.
There is a form for a duplicate of a title should the owner be deceased. I have everything but the plate number. I stupidly lost the original title paper moving to another apartment. My hope is the dmv will be ok with just the make and vin # and death certificate which I do have.
Thank you for replying
>>
>>1155053

No problem, anon. Happy to help. The #1 thing that you have to prove is ownership -- unfortunately, the DMV may think the VIN# or Death Certificate don't prove this. Have you tried calling them and asking what they suggest? Also, was no paperwork filed with the state when your father died? There should have been something, and what there is of it should show the motorcycle is legally yours. Basically this (i.e., clean title to the bike) plus the rest of the stuff you already have are all you need.
>>
>>1155062
>calling them and asking what they suggest?

This. Was the executor of my uncle's will -- he had multiple vehicles and some shady stuff going on in that he had property in several states and had his vehicles registered in ways that avoided some taxes at the expense of simple and 1000% aligned-with-the-law paperwork.

BMVs in three states were surprisingly helpful.

Also, an hour's time with a decent estate attorney may be worthwhile.

/a/ may have some thoughts....

I also join other anions here in sympathy for your loss.
>>
File: pirahna_attacks.webm (2MB, 678x382px) Image search: [Google]
pirahna_attacks.webm
2MB, 678x382px
>>1155026
Sorry about your loss anon. Bump for you.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 540x540px
>>1155062
>>1155083
>>1155128
Thanks for your help and kindness.
The dmv has a form I can fill to acquire another title for his motorcycle. I'll go in person submit it. I can only hope my drivers license, my dads death certificate and the cycles vin# and make will be enough. I assume the dmv has his plate number anyway on file. Cross your fingers for me guys.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.