[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two Weeks In Europe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I'm going to Europe for two weeks but I'm a bit of a novice & I haven't planned any of it yet except the following:

>arrive in Rome to start
>leave from Hamburg two weeks later

I'd appreciate /trv/'s opinion on a few things:

- where should I stay in those cities? I'd prefer a clean room to myself, what will that cost?

- what are the most worthwhile places to go on my way to Hamburg?

- should I get around by train or plane?

- should I bother with Oktoberfest?

- in what city may I see the true cutting edge of art, fashion, and creative thought? (I understand it's not Berlin.)

- I'm big on serenity and nature. where can I find a nice forest and a lake on which I can row a wooden boat?

- is it best not to trust anyone at all? seems a bit lonely.

- where can I visit that is relaxed and not full of cunts looking to rob, mug, and scam me? the threads I've seen here have me feeling pretty worried about that already.

25 year-old male Ausfag by the way. thanks to anyone who can offer me advice.
>>
>>1154559
>- in what city may I see the true cutting edge of art, fashion, and creative thought? (I understand it's not Berlin.)
Yes, fuck off. Don't ever come here.
>>
>>1154566
come on. talk me back into visiting Berlin. this board put me off with all its cynicism so far.
>>
Dude you sound like a massive faggot aye

As a fellow 25 year old aussie, I have to tell you to relax and not overthink it. Go to a hostel, talk to people. Find out what there is to do and go do it. If you want nature then don't go to the big cities.

I like both nature and the city life, and am for example going to Mostar in Bosnia & Herzegovina to do some day trips consisting of visiting various lakes and waterfalls. But then I'll probably go to a big city and do a pub crawl getting drunk with randoms and having a mad fun time. If clubbing is not your thing then I recommend drinking a lot more than everyone else until it becomes your thing.

You didn't need to go all the way to Europe if all you wanted to do was go and rent a boat, kek
>>
>>1154569
what's wrong with wanting to rent a rowboat? you didn't have to go to Bosnia to look at a waterfall either.

I don't like getting too drunk it's bad for you and it gets you into trouble, fights etc.
>>
>>1154569
To add onto this, I'm currently 2 weeks into my Europe trip. I also did other countries (the more popular ones) exactly 3 years ago.

The worst time I had was when I first got there and was in a hotel by myself in Milan for 4 days. It was the most boring shit in the world. I thought I'd need it to recover from jetlag but after 1 day of recovery I was fine. The thing is, talking to strangers is not easy and does not come naturally to me. Fortunately in hostels people are extremely friendly and other people will usually talk to you as long as you sit in the common room with a bottle of alcohol and don't look preoccupied (e.g. dont sit there reading a book or on your laptop, being on your phone is even pushing it but perhaps the exception)

I found that EXPERIENCES and PEOPLE that you meet are what make the trip. The actual place doesn't matter that much. I had an amazing time just recently in Makarska, Croatia because the hostel I stayed at was awesome and the people were great. I also personally had a shit time in Rome since the other people in my hostel room were all couples travelling together and not looking to make friends. So I went to see the Colosseum and the rest of Rome alone, and it was okay, but could've been better in the company of others. Though this may have had to do with it being at the end of a 3 month trip so I'd already gotten fairly homesick.

>>1154571
You're right, there's nothing wrong with that, renting a boat is awesome fun and you should do it.

Also Berlin is awesome. I don't know who told you that it sucked, but it's probably some hipster who doesn't like that their little art/music niche seems mainstream in Berlin
>>
>>1154559

There's too many variables desu. You can do this trip in multiple different ways. For example if I were to start in Rome and leave in Hamburg two weeks later, I would simply take buses, trains, hitchhike my way through, never staying at any single place for more than one or two days. But that's because I enjoy traveling _through_ an area more than traveling directly to a specific place. In this sense I wouldn't have a list of things I had to see, since I would have to skip most of it and just do whatever crosses my path. In this way of traveling obviously you see lot of nature stuff.

Another way to travel would be more something for a cultural enthusiast that doesn't really care for hiking much. You'd just start in Rome for a few days (although as a history student I can tell you, if you're into that kinda stuff you can just stay in Rome for 2 weeks), then take a plane or train ride to one other Italian city for a few days (could be Siena, Firenze, Bologna, Ravenna, Milan, there's so many interesting places), followed by one city in the Alps to get you that experience (I've only been to francophone part of Switzerland in this regard so can't really help you out), followed by a city in the densely populated area of Western Germany to see the culture there before ending up in Hamburg for the remaining time.

Another way to approach it would be the Central European path. So from Rome you could go to Vienna (possibly taking a pit stop somewhere in the Italian, Austrian or Slovenian Alps), then go to Bratislava - Brno - Prague - Berlin - Hamburg.

I know you asked several questions and not just "plan my trip from Rome to Hamburg" but for us Europeans, your question is similar to like if we would ask you "Hey I'm going to Australia for a month what should I do".
>>
>>1154573
hey thanks for replying. I thought you were a dickhead but you're alright. I have a big problem with overthinking things so that is probably why I'm up late obsessing over this shit.

I also have trouble being social all the time. I think you're right and I should keep it simple and pick some chill, cheap hostels instead of trying to close myself off.

>>1154579
thank you. would it really be a worthwhile trip to just stay one or two days in a single location?

so far I'm thinking I'll go:

Rome
Bled
Vienna
Cesky Krumlov
Berlin
Hamburg

it is looking clearer in my head now so thanks.
>>
>>1154581
What's your reasoning for Cesky Krumlov? Seems kinda random in your list.
>>
>>1154573
Milan is where I had the coolest people in my hostel. Almost everyone was traveling solo, and was super friendly. We all went out and drank on the first night I was there. Someone threw up in the bidet hahahahaa
>>
>>1154581
My post was a bit dickheadish, best of luck.

>>1154589
Well that makes me feel even stupider for having picked a hotel for that long. I don't really enjoy sitting around on a big bed watching tv, I can do that at home for free. Oh well, live and learn.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.