[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Costa Rica for a week!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Hey guys, i´m going to Costa Rica for vacations, in April, it´s gonna be a whole week, me and a buddy.
Never been there.
You´ve been to Costa Rica? how is it?
Tips?
What should i do there?
How expensive is it?
Thanks alot!
>>
>>1154051
I heard costa rican women are top qt. Good luck anon
>>
File: IMG-20160812-WA0006.jpg (142KB, 1198x826px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160812-WA0006.jpg
142KB, 1198x826px
>>1154070
Not really

>>1154051
Stay away from the central valley, there's hardly anything to see here.
>Heredia
This is where I live, I can't really thing of anything worthwhile to do here if you are staying just a week
>San Jose
Some small museum's you around, you can see all of them in like 5h or less, they pretty close, aside from that, San Jose sucks.
>Alajuela
I think the Arenal volcano is pretty much the only thing worthwhile along with the thermals in San Carlos
>Cartago
The Irazu volcano, Sanatorio Duran, Prussia in general has a really nice surroundings
>Guanacaste
Nice beaches, dry climate. Check out Flamingo, Conchal and surrounding beaches. Santa Teresa and Montezuma are kinda cool also
>Puntarenas
Avoid Jaco, Dominical, Esterillos, Tamarindo and Puntarenas (the city, El Puerto).. Check out Manuel Antonio, Bahia Ballena
>Limon
Go to Puerto Viejo, eat a bunch of Patí, Plantintae, Rice and Beans, rent a bike and go to Manzanilla (9km straight line flat road, can't get lost) see the Cristal clear beaches with white sand, if you feel adventurous, rent a hammock in Rockin' J's for staying over the night. Check Tortuguero

Expect to pay out of your ass for anything, more so in Guanacaste and Puntarenas, try not to look stupid just a few days ago, a taxi driver charged a gringo like 70 mil colones ($140) for a trip of less than 10km that's absolutely insane, eat Chorreadas, Maduro con Queso, Gallo Pinto, Casados, Agua Dulce and I guess that's all I can think now.. I'm probably letting a bunch of stuff out but you're staying just a week so it doesn't matter.. my favorite place it's probably Puerto Viejo because I'm a pleb and its like 5 hours away

If you end up in the Central Valley, expect to see the train getting reckt by a stupid driver
ANY.FUCKING.DAY
>Pic related
>>
>>1154051
Also, I don't now if it's just me, but just 2 days in one place does it for me. Costa Rica is pretty small and you can see a bunch of different stuff if you plan it right.
I would try:
>Irazu(one day), Arenal(one day), Puerto Viejo(2 days), Manuel Antonio, Bahia Ballena and Cahuita the rest of the days. That way you get to cover the most, in my opinion.

Also, for us, the Nicas are like the Mexicans to the Gringos, so try to avoid them, they pretty much look the same (I'm not racist or xenophobic but a gringo will hardly have a nice time dealing with a nice that barely speaks proper Spanish)
>>
>>1154140
Thanks man, really appreciate the advise!
>>
>>1154051
OP Costa Rica is fuckin awesome desu.

>>1154140
This anon should know what he's saying so I won't add anything to that. I just want to mention that CR is relatively expensive in comparison to most other Latin-American countries.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.