[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Volgograd (Stalingrad)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: volgograd.jpg (58KB, 604x403px) Image search: [Google]
volgograd.jpg
58KB, 604x403px
Me and three mates are going to Volgograd (aka Stalingrad) on a four day trip late September. Anyone who can give any recommendations of out-of-the-ordinary sights and things to do? Also looking for a guide/driver with car or van for a day or two.
>>
>>1153984
>Goes on a citytrip
>Nice
>Goes to Russia
>Nice
>Goes to Volgograd
>Literally why?

It's an absolute shithole OP, I wouldn't even know what to recommend. It reminded me of Sofia and that is not a good thing. You're better of in St Petersburg or Moscow.
>>
>>1154006
Its where the fate of western society was decided you pleb
>>
>>1154006
>>1154024
It's worth seeing, but four days is also too much time.
>>
Besides the WW2 memorials, you can see the beginning of the Volga-Don channel and the largest statue of Lenin in the world at the entrance. Other than that, there isn't anything to see in Volgograd as the city was completely destroyed during the war. If you have four days you could visit citiess nearby, for example, Elista or Astrakhan.
>>
But a godd restaurant at least??
>>
I remember this city from Empire Earth.

All hail Grigor and Grigor II
>>
>>1154006
>reminded me of Sofia

With it's 19th century Austrian architecture in the city centre, unique architecture and sights?

>hurr they have panel blocks
>they also have panel blocks

MUST BE THE SAME LMAO
kys
>>
>>1153984
Went to Volgograd during Victory Day. It was great because everyone is out, old women singing war songs, the veterans (or what few remain) are out in force. And the monuments are lively.

Otherwise, >>1154006 is right. You'll pretty much see everything there is in a day (and without the parade, maybe even sooner). And without the history Volgograd is a boring postwar city otherwise. Everything but Pavlov's house and two walls from a nearby building are all post-1950s. I'm not saying don't go. I'm saying get there early in the morning if possible and leave the same day or next morning.
>>
>>1154024
>central/eastern Europe
>western society
Let me correct you, friend. The USA was protected against invasion, and so was England. USA/England would retaken France anyways, and USA would still have naval dominance in the Pacific for generations to come.

Stalingrad decided the outcome of the Russian/Eastern European theater. Not the world.
>>
>>1154560
>>1154024

>USA/England would retaken France anyways.

If the Germans had won at the Eastern front in 1942, the outcome in the European theatre in general might have proven different. I think it's fair to state that the fate of western society was decided at Stalingrad.

Also
>>1154006
is a complete ignorant and fag. Literally.
>>
You don't need this.
But if you want to Russia go to St.Petersburg
>>
>>1154703
Fight me faggot.
>>
File: porkins.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
porkins.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>1154560
>>1154703

Stay on topic... Stay on topic.....
>>
OP here, Thanks for all replys so far. Just wanna say that we knew in advance Volgograd isn't the most pictoresque or exciting city in the world. We are going there because of the ww2 history. In addition, I'm sure we will find a pub/bar that suits us.

Please feel free to kepp on posting. Still looking for a driver with car/van, so if any of you Volgogradfags are up to it, post a line here.

I will post again here early October, telling you how it was.

Pic related - the Stalingrad Defence medal.
>>
>>1154560

>he doesn't know that the USSR exported communist subversion to all corners of the world that shapes our society today
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.