[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Norway trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

Hey guys.
Im going on a Norway trip with my girlfriend next month.
We will land in Oslo where we pick up a rental car and drive towards Bergen.
Do you have recomendations on what to see in the south-eastern coast or anything around there? Appreciate any tips.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
Just came back from a 3 week camping trip in Norway, and I've done the same route as you, only the other way around.

I can give you a lot of tips, but it depends what you're into, how long you will stay and where you'll be staying
>>
>>1153891
Is that youre picture or did you pull it off google images?
>>
>>1153745
>drive towards Bergen
Oh, boy.
>>
In Oslo I would reccomend The viking ship museum (https://www.khm.uio.no/english/visit-us/viking-ship-museum/index.html) and the mausoleum og Emmanuel Vigeland (http://www.emanuelvigeland.museum.no/museet.htm - Norwegian only).
>>
>>1153930
My own. It's Trolltunga near Odda. Got very lucky with the weather since about 40 minutes later the fog kicked in and visibility dropped to 20 m.
>>
>>1153891
Very nice picture.
We are pretty much into hiking and enjoying landscapes in general. Sightseeing is fine aswell, if it's worth it.
We are going to stay for a week and we only got a BnB in Bergen by now.
>>
>>1154149
Then Norway is your place

I wouldn't spend more than 1 day in Oslo, unless you want to see a museum (it has some cool ones like the Folk Museum). Walk along the sea side, see the opera building, walk along the Karl Johans gate and you'll have seen most of the city.

There are 2 routes to Bergen, I went with the northern one (Riksvei 7), which was beautiful. I don't know how the southern route (E134) is, but maybe you can check google street view for impressions. They both lead to Hardangervidda national park, which probably is the best option if you want to hike near Bergen. Check the Hardangerfjord guide (https://issuu.com/hardangerfjordguide/docs/en_hardangerfjordguide_2016/1) for tips, or check the website (http://en.hardangerfjord.com). There's also a map on that site that shows the national tourist routes close by, which I recommend to take. But basically anywhere you drive in southwest Norway is beautiful. The pic I posted is from Trolltunga, a very popular hike in this area. It is really demanding though, and will take at least 10-12 hours if you do it on 1 day, with an elevation of 900 m and 2 very steep climbs of 3-4 km. Only do this if you're in shape and have good hiking gear. For longer hikes you could bring a tent and explore more of this area. In Odda I also saw information about local (less demanding) hikes, but haven't done those.
Also make sure to see the waterfalls in that area. Voringsfossen especially.

I am not sure if you guys are planning to stay in a hotel or camping during the trip, but I can recommend camping. Norway is perfect for that, since campsites are everywhere, cheap and in amazing locations.

(1/2)
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
For Bergen I don't have to give a lot of tips. It's a beautiful city and just walking around the city (and especially Bryggen) is beautiful. Also make sure you hit up mount Floyen and see Bergen from above. You can take the funicular or simply hike up the mountain. I recommend going at night. I think the last funicular goes back at 23:00.

I think you can also do a fjord tour by boat from Bergen, but haven't done that and it's probably expensive (as everything in Norway). Will only be worth it if the weather is good, which is very rare in that area. It rains shitloads, so bring good rain gear and always have a poncho or umbrella at hand.

IMPORTANT! There are toll roads in Norway and they work by photographing the license plate and sending the invoice to the car owner. Since you will drive a rental car, you should ask the rental company how that is handled. Also check autopass.no

(2/2)

>morning view in Norway
>>
>>1153745
Bring shitloads of money and a CC. I was broke as fuck when I came back from Norway.
>>
>>1154002
Aye I know where it is, plan to go there next year at some stage. How long did the hike up take you. Fitness as is wont allow for one steady hike up but is it safe to camp on the way up overnight
>>
>>1153745
>>1154243
Note that temperatures might be quite low already in September. Read the weatherforecast (yr.no).
Also check out turistforeningen.no for staying in cabins while hiking in the mountains.
>>
>>1154351
Correction: www.dnt.no , not turistforeningen.no. Looks like the site is Norwegian only, but I think they have English information on request.
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 5019x1685px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 5019x1685px
>>1154334
Like 4,5 hours with a lot of stops to piss, take pics, eat and rest. The way back took longer because the trail was muddy as fuck and slippery. Especially the last part through the forest was tricky because of that.

You can perfectly camp anywhere along the trail, I saw a lot of tents placed everywhere. I talked to some people who were camping there and they were doing a longer hike in the Hardanger area, so not just Trolltunga.

We started really late (at like 10:30), which made us arrive at Trolltunga late in the afternoon. There were only a handful of people there, so we could take lots of pics without problems. We also had huge luck with the weather, half an hour later it completely turned and you couldn't see shit. If you're taking your tent, go up late in the afternoon, set up camp halfway (the trail flattens out there) and hike up to Trolltunga the next morning and see the sunset. I heard it's nice. Added bonus is that if the weather is crap, you can wait the rest of the day till it gets better for that perfect Real Traveler® photograph of the Trolltunga.
>>
File: 1446261972011.jpg (35KB, 419x305px) Image search: [Google]
1446261972011.jpg
35KB, 419x305px
Seeing as how the thread talks about camping...
In Norway you are allowed to camp anywhere for up to 2 nights as long as it is further than 150 meters from a house/home.
>I am not sure if you guys are planning to stay in a hotel or camping during the trip, but I can recommend camping. Norway is perfect for that, since campsites are everywhere, cheap and in amazing locations.
As such, dojng what this anon did and paying for camping is sort of silly. Although they could have been using a mobile home.

Link with relevant information in English:
http://www.miljodirektoratet.no/en/Areas-of-activity1/Outdoor-recreation/Right-to-Roam/
>>
>>1154597
Here is the page for camping specifically, although there are many more pages in the link in the first post.
http://www.miljodirektoratet.no/en/Areas-of-activity1/Outdoor-recreation/Right-to-Roam/Camping/
>>
>>1154388
> go up late in the afternoon
Ya that was kinda the rough plan I had in my head, I was just finding it hard to get good info on it.
One last question, how safe is the path up, I know its sheer cliff at the top but is there any dodgy spots on the way ?
>>
>>1154597
We did that at first but the weather was too shit for that most of the time. Can't cook, wash or shit outside if it's raining all the time. Plus it was pretty hard to find good spots to go camping out in the wild, as you have to park your car near a road and walk into nature and hope you find a good spot which isn't rocky, muddy, swampy, near a house and far away from a creek/lake. Campsites were only like 22 euro for 2 persons + tent and saved us a lot of hassle.

>>1154664
Pretty safe throughout. The trickiest part was the start. It's about 1,5 km of very steep ascending through a forest on small muddy staggered rocks. After that it's fine and you're not limited to one small single path anymore.

But definitely get a pair of trekking poles or pick up one of the wooden branches at the start of the path. Mine might still be there.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.