[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working abroad in UK as an American next month - is a visa needed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: ardbeg_uigeadail_label.jpg (477KB, 1584x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ardbeg_uigeadail_label.jpg
477KB, 1584x1600px
Amerifat here. Has anyone here tried to workaway/helpx in the UK/Ireland? My plan to fly to Scotland to volunteer abroad via helpx next month (for 3 weeks) looks to be not possible without paying $$$ for a Tier 5 (temporary workers) visa and waiting up to 3 weeks. In addition, I have not confirmed where I am working yet and the visa requires contact info for that spot. Seems like my only option would be to lie to border patrol and tell them I'm only traveling as a tourist, but I'm a really bad liar and I'm sure I would be fucked. Strangely enough it seems that the UK and Spain are the only countries in the EU that require a visa. Am I allowed to work abroad anywhere else in EU without a visa? Any other Americans have experience with this?
>>
>>1153573
say you're just visiting staying in hostels, drinking beer if immigration asks you. UK IMMIGRATION DOES NOT FUCK AROUND FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD (!!!!!) especially post Brexit Vote

Is the Tier 5 like a J-1 visa for europeans visiting america? I'm also amerifat but I loved london and want to go back, but work legally at a bar or souvinier shop for a summer. Got people I can crash with for sure. Don't wanna work for wages illegally because that's essentially asking to get fucked over.
>>
Countries have started to turn a blind eye to wwoofers etc, even if it technically contravenes their work visa policy. My girlfriend was almost refused entry to the UK because she told them she was there to do HelpX, but she started crying so they let her in. Must be nice to have a vagina sometimes.
Honestly if your trip is only three weeks I'm sure they won't care, but you don't want to be sitting on a plane for 8 hours worrying your head off.
Lying to immigration is a terrible fucking idea in general, but it's an option PROVIDED you can satisfy them when they ask the question -- and they will -- where exactly you'll be staying for three weeks. Make up a fake itinerary and memorize it. If you have no money in the bank, borrow a grand from your parents just in case they ask for proof of sufficient funds.
>>
>>1153622
Unfortunately I don't have a vagina. Last time I lied to immigration it didn't go well. Seems a bit too risky. I might just backpack around Scotland. Maybe it will be a better experience than staying in one place for 3 weeks. I want to hear stories from others who have gone through this though.
>>
>>1153602
https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas
>>
>>1153631
I'm in the UK right now doing WWOOF.

Really, it doesn't matter once you're past border control- just say what you need to say and have sufficient proof of funds or onward travel and they ought to let you through. You're not gonna get taken away in cuffs for volunteering at farms or people's homes, they simply don't have the time or resources to try and nab every kid pulling turnips for a free bed at night. It's technically legal to do 30 days of volunteer work provided you don't earn any money from it and as long as it's not your primary reason for being in the UK on a tourist visa.

Honestly, just book a hostel somewhere for a night, use it as your contact address, and tell them you're gonna just be backpacking around the country for 3 weeks. As long as you have proof of onward travel, they'll let you go with minimal interrogation. Once you're past the border you can pretty much do whatever you'd like within reason, and as long as you're not opening bank accounts and depositing loads of pounds into them you're not gonna get arrested.
>>
>>1153634
what if I tell border control that I am here to work for 3 weeks and play dumb when they tell me I need a visa? Maybe they would let it slide. One of the hosts I contacted said she had an American stay without a visa...
>>
>>1154096
Why would you though? Just fucking tell them you aren't working, you're lying either way so at least go with the way you're virtually guaranteed to get in.
>>
>>1154096
> play dumb when they tell me I need a visa? Maybe they would let it slide
N O P E
O
P
E
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.