[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toronto vs Montreal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: tmg-slideshow_l.jpg (61KB, 970x658px) Image search: [Google]
tmg-slideshow_l.jpg
61KB, 970x658px
Hi, I'm a British guy who can't decide between visiting Toronto or Montreal for my next vacation. Could you guys tell me the better city and why I should pick one over the other?
>>
Most will say Montreal, I imagine. Better architecture, more history, older vibe. Livelier & cheaper nightlife.
But Toronto has better museums and an aquarium if that's your kind of thing.
>>
>>1153357
Montreal by a mile/1.6 kilometers
>>
personally I thought montreal was boring and shit

much preferred Toronto, but why can't you do both? there's a comfy train that goes straight from Toronto to Montreal
>>
>>1153357
Montreal. Best restaurant city outside of New York. Summertime has one festival after another.
>>
Fewer dindus and poo in the loos in Montreal.
>>
File: received_1618342585163134.jpg (37KB, 480x816px) Image search: [Google]
received_1618342585163134.jpg
37KB, 480x816px
>>1153454
>implique

Montreal is 10% haitians and hatians are just about the most savage niggers there are short of Somalicoons
>>
>>1153357
Toronto resident here.

Depends on what you wanna do really. Montreal generally has a better vibe (clubs, people etc.) but Toronto is a bit more polished.

Also if you are going out to party Montreal is much much cheaper than Toronto.
>>
I live in Toronto and I'm often mystified by American/British tourists who visit Toronto. What's the point? Toronto is just a city. There's nothing really compelling about it.

At least with Montreal you've got the whole French Canadian thing which you can only find there. There's nothing in Toronto you can't find in NYC/Chicago/LA/etc.
>>
>>1153365
I've lived in both for multiple years and generally I'd recommend Montreal for a visit. There's a better nightlife, better architecture, Mount Royal is nice, there's the biodome which is underrated, better food, etc... Toronto has the CN Tower, better day trips out of the city, and is much larger overall though it's an ugly city. Toronto is just a big city with no real charm or uniqueness to it, I don't mind living here but I wouldn't visit if I had to choose.

Why not do both though? Honestly there's a 4.5 hour train between them, it isn't tough unless you're only in Canada for like a weekend.
>>
>>1153454
True, but they also have more jawas.
>>
>>1153357
I lived in Toronto for awhile.

Never in my life have I been to such a simultaneously large, boring, dilapidated/run down/shabby city.

I ran out of things to do after the second day. The aquarium someone mentioned? Was something like 35$/person for looking at fish tanks and just walking through. No shows. No learning.
>>
Toronto is ugly, the people are shit, everything's expensive, and the nightlife is shit. Stick to Montreal.
>>
>>1153357
>No YELLAKNIFE

greatest kandian city
>>
Torontonian here who has spent a good deal of time in montreal.

the long and short of it is, if you want more nightlife, go for montreal. if you want better daytime activities, go for toronto.

montreal is, in general, more hipstery, artsy and avant-garde than toronto. one thing you'll notice is that a very large portion of the residences are duplexes/triplexes. blocks and blocks of them, all with funny exterior staircases. great nightclubs/bars/stripclubs. make sure you go to schwartz's for a smoked meat sandwich

toronto has the waterfront, the ROM, the AGO, the science centre, the CN tower (as a resident - meh), roy thompson hall, the princess of wales theatre, massey hall, dundas square, kensington market, a big chinatown, etc
>>
>>1153442
This, just do both. It's not like they're on opposite ends of the country, it's like a five hour drive.
>>
Do both. Toronto is worth having a day in but Montreal is objectively an interesting place.
>>
>>1154494
>Torontonian in denial detected

Sorry mate but your city is shit. All that stuff you listed sucks. Dundas square? What would someone do in fucking dundas square? stare at the giant tv screen?

Don't waste your time with Toronto OP, it was built on industry, there is no waterfront.. just a polluted disgusting lake that no one can go in and a bunch of shut down factories and homeless peeing everywhere.
>>
Winnipeg
>>
Montreal is much better. The coffee and food are scenes are amazing, the people are better looking/better dressed and it's got a really good relaxed vibe. The metro is also very nice and makes getting around easy.

Toronto has shit public transportation, is dirtier, feels more like a soulless big city and doesn't feel much different from American cities. However, I did also enjoy my time in Toronto and appreciated how big it is/how all the different neighborhoods means there's something for everyone. I just think it's not a destination like Montreal is.
>>
Toronto is absolute shit. It's one of the dreariest, most boring, generic, underwhelming cities on earth. Not to mention that it's full of chinks, has complete prickjob cops who make sure no fun is allowed anywhere, is crowded to all shit, and traffic is basically always at a standstill. Might I add that it's where all the SJW feminist nutjobs like Big Red reside, there's no good live music because everyone listens to boring indie shoegaze, everyone dresses like a redditor, and these dickheads work in gay little tech startups, all the bars are dirty and run down because "dive bars" are totally hip and cool, it's hard to get laid, their club district is full of Arabs and Indians, the whole city is run down. And hey, do you like faggots? Because it has the largest community of faggots in North America, and don't worry, once a year every channel plays their celebration of fucking little boys called "pride parade"!
>>
>>1153357
Haven't been to Toronto but Montréal is great. Always lots of festivals and big parties, cirque, young vibrant community and just cool shit all around town.
>>
I live in Toronto and a lot of complaints about the city are valid. The food scene is mediocre, there is no unified architecture, there is a distinct lack of culture, the people who live on King West are materialistic cunts but simultaneously not very rich, public transport is 30 years behind the civilized world, there are a lot of homeless people pissing and shitting everywhere, there is a lack of effort to curb homelessness and mental illness at the municipal and provincial level. Also, the students are generally hysterical, reactionary SJWs.
>>
>>1155368
couldnt have said it better myself
>>
I am traveling through east Canada this October and this thread is fucking gold information. Thanks /trv/.
>>
Forget the east, come to the real gem of Canada - Vancouver.
>>
>>1155821
>t. Tap-song Bhong
>>
>>1155038
This. I live in Toronto and like it, but it's because of the friends I've made there and good memories, not because of anything in the actual city. There's very little to do, and while there are some good day trips out of the city, unless you have a car you're stick in the downtown where there's about one day's worth of fun shit to do, and most of that stuff has a better Montreal equivalent. Waterfront? Montreal's riverfront is better. Aquarium? Biodome. Chinatown? Montreal's is smaller but infinitely more charming with better food. The only thing that's in Toronto that beats Montreal is the CN Tower, and even that is not really too special. Montreal is a far better place to go if you can only do one.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.