[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Winter in Europe. Seeking advice on itinerary and Europe itself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Euro2016.png (878KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Euro2016.png
878KB, 1600x900px
We've booked the tickets for our honeymoon, from Home-Prague then Rome-Home, we're just having a bit of trouble with some of it. Seeking your wisdom oh humble /trv/

If you think a city is worth skipping for another, neighborhoods to explore/avoid, or you have a favorite spot/restaurant we'd love to hear.

She is into abandoned buildings and animals, I love architecture, history, and great food. We both love museums and random adventures.

I'm also scattering my brothers ashes, preferably in Innsbruck in the Alps, but if anyone has a really beautiful/quiet place, I'd love to hear about it.

Proposed itinerary (In all caps are a must)

PRAGUE 2 days/3 nights
I think 3 days, she wants 2, who is right? (its me)

BERLIN 3 days/4 nights
Renting bikes a good idea?

Nuremberg 3 days/4 nights
Main issue! We're becoming less interested in this city the more I read. But there aren't many cities on the way down to Austria/Italy. Looking for anywhere in that purple circle. Thoughts on Munich/Salzburg?

Innsbruck 2 days/ 3 nights
The Alps is a must, and skiing. But open to other Alp cities if you got em

Florence 3 days/ nights

SORRENTO/POMPEII 4 days/ 5 nights
Fucking excited.
Things to do in Sorrento?

ROME 3 days/ 4 nights
Only WW2 beats my love of Roman history, I've heard Ostia Antica is awesome.

Budget is fine as long we're not taking shots of caviar

Thanks everybody
>>
File: m lemon.jpg (37KB, 533x640px) Image search: [Google]
m lemon.jpg
37KB, 533x640px
oh yeah
bumpin
>>
File: newyork.jpg (51KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
newyork.jpg
51KB, 540x960px
bumpity
>>
>>1152871
>BERLIN 3 days/4 nights
Renting bikes a good idea?
If you enjoy cycling sure. Berlin is a fairly bike-friendly city and there's a lot of a green areas in Berlin. Generally good to explore by bike. Consider cycling around Lake Wannsee maybe. Might as well see Potsdam this way which is worth spending a day in in its own right. If you or the gf enjoys botanical garden try Gärten der Welt in Marzahn.

On you're way from Prague to Berlin you could slot in the former concentration camp of Terezín. It's located halfway between Prague and Dresden. Pretty much a no-brainer imo if you're into WWII stuff. Dresden is worth visitng as well. Was bombed to the ground in WWII too but has since been rebuilt and looks great again. If you do choose to spend some time there make sure to check out the Hygienemuseum. I absolutely hate museums in general (I'm a huge pleb) but the Hygienemuseum was the only one I ever genuinely enjoyed so take my word for it.

>Nuremberg 3 days/4 nights
>Main issue!
Yeah Nürnberg is hardly anything special. Munich is arguably a better choice with more stuff to do and see. Salzburg is considered to be one of Austria's most picturesque cities but I haven't been there myself. Fairly small compared to both Munich and Nuremberg.

The town of Weimar lies pretty much on your route and is worth a day's visit. Sports some of Germany's most important cultural heritage. Small town, very comfy.
>>
>>1152871
I would maybe skip seeing other cities in germany and instead visit some in northern Italy. Otherwise Dresden is a lovely city but i might be a bit of a detour.
I'm personally not a fan of Berlin even though i thought it would be heaven on earth for me since i'm into "trendy" stuff. That's really what it is great for, the sights aren't that impressive compared and the skyline doesn't strike me as much as london's or paris.
I'd recommend going to Vienna instead. The pinnacle of classical architecture and high culture but with a very alive underground scene which makes it a cool spot.
>>
>>1153172
Awesome, yeaa Munich it is probably

>>1153299
I def want those German cities tho, kinda have become a Germophile, but is Florence worth trading for maybe another city?
>>
>>1154104
You can't spend more than a day in Florence without getting bored. Book a museum trip, then half-day walk around the main sights and that's all there is to it. It is a disgusting city. On the other hand, there are many smaller towns scattered around it (usually some villas for wealthy florentines), which aren't as crowded, have cool sights too and are much cheaper.

Look up Fiesole, Certaldo, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni...

I'd consider visiting Siena while on the way south.
>>
>>1152871
>Main issue! We're becoming less interested in this city the more I read. But there aren't many cities on the way down to Austria/Italy. Looking for anywhere in that purple circle. Thoughts on Munich/Salzburg?
Nuremberg is well worth a day or two. Munich is of course the option where you have more things to see.
From Nuremberg to Berlin you have several other small Franconian towns though. Bamberg, for example, where you can also spend a day before driving further north.
Then even further north you have Dresden.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.