[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IRAN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: iran_2260395b.jpg (66KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
iran_2260395b.jpg
66KB, 620x387px
Going to Iran for the first time next week. Gonna fly to Teheran an be for several weeks in the country. I speak a few words Farsi and know basic stuff/culture/history, but haven't much planned anything travel-wise yet. Any suggestions or stories?

Thanks!

Oh, and Visa etc. is sorted and I don't hail from the land of the free
>>
>>1152801
>Farsi
Persian

I recommend Qom, Esfahan, Shiraz (don't miss Shah Cheragh and Naqsh-e-Rustam) and Yazd (don't miss all the Zoroastrian attractions).
>>
>>1153013

More or less this. Make your way to the south and fly back to Teheran, although I've heard the beaches and/or towns in the north must be nice too.
Don't miss Persepolis when in Shiraz.
>>
Kisch and Qom (to see the worlds collide), Yazd for dat cultural gains and last but not least I suggest going with the train to the caspian sea.
>>
File: DSCF4381.jpg (316KB, 1219x686px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4381.jpg
316KB, 1219x686px
>>1153013
I'd add in Kashan as well, it has the most impressive private houses I've seen, and the bazaar is great. From there you can visit Abyaneh (ancient village in the mountain) and Natanz (old mosque, you pass by the nuclear installations with all the anti-aircraft stuff on the way) on your way to Esfahan. From Yazd, Kharanaq (ruined village, pic related) is worth a day trip, as is Firuzabad from Shiraz (there's a palace, a fortress and a town from the Sassanid era, and for the first time since Tehran the landscape has lots of vegetation in it). In Tehran, do visit the National Museum ; avoid the museum inside Persepolis, it's a rip off
>>
>>1152801
How long are you going for? I'm thinking of going this Autumn, would like to know what you think of it.
>>
Forgot to mention. Don't miss ayatollah Khomeini's mausoleum.
>>
>>1153484
Isn't that pretty far out of the way?
>>
apart from the ones mentioned, tabriz is nice
>>
>>1153574
You can get there by subway from Tehran.
>>
>>1153922
Ah, fair enough. I was thinking about Imam Reza, apparently, because I heard about a huge pilgrimage every year.
>>
>>1152801
You lucky guy, have fun. Hopefully I'll be visiting in the next couple years
>>
I really want to visit Iran, but the big issue is that if I do, I get a travel ban to the US. Fucking corrupt politicians.
>>
>>1154991
Fuck the US! You don't want to go to that rogue state, do you? Especially now that they're fucking us travellers over like this. This is total bullshit. I wanted to visit family I have in the US, but a few months before I would go there they issued this ridiculous and nonsensical law.

They say this law is to protect them from terrorism, because people who have been to Syria and Iraq since 2011 might be potential terrorists. In order to just fuck Iran and Sudan over they included them too, but not Libya, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia or Yemen, which are more logical countries to travel to if you're a potential terrorist than Iran of all places.
>>
>>1154991
As a Brit that wants to go to Iran, I'd happily trade Iran for America. More history, more culture, better architecture and reportedly friendlier people.
>>
>>1154991
There is no travel ban. At most they'll ask you a few questions at the border control.
>>
>>1155211
People who could normally enter the USA through the visa waiver program now have to apply for a visa and go though the same lengthy process as third worlders do. This happened in December.
>>
>>1155208
I'm not just saying this because I'm an American. I'm saying this as a post-modernist that's fascinated with artistic theory; there is nothing that makes their architecture better than even our McDonalds buildings, your subjective opinion aside.

It is impossible for the architecture of one country to be objectively better than that of another country. When you tried to make a case for Iran, with regard to it's architect, you made the mistake of not putting the word "I think" -- your subjective opinion -- before "better" -- an inherently objective label.
>>
>>1155211
Anyone who travels to Iran will now lose the visa waiver possibility. That's effectively a travel ban.
>>
>>1155216
Fucking kek, why are ameritards still scared of Iran?
>>
File: 1469487828917.jpg (37KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469487828917.jpg
37KB, 800x600px
>>1156107
(you) are autistic
>>
File: M-real.jpg (25KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
M-real.jpg
25KB, 550x412px
>>1156200
>yfw you realize artists' or societies' arbritrary assigned defintions for symbols, culture, art, or intention/muse doesn't make them intellectual, special, superior, inferior, or dull and that failure to interprit the aforementioned by their arbritrary defintions can be blamed on the fact that art and culture have no objective meaning and no objective metric for which to measure meaning.

Art and, by proxy, culture can be summed up down to their core as self-expression and subjective opinions, ideas, and ideals; and since it's subjective, you can't really objectively compare two forms of art or culture to one another and find one or the other degenrate, inferior, or superior. If you happen to find one culture to be better or worse you've certainly come to this opinion due to biases or subjective opinions.

Even using talent, effort, or original authorship as some kind of metric to measure objectivite worth will fail since these traits have also been arbritraliy assigned worth and have fallen prey to subjective biases.

We could use MRI scans in an attempt to objectively track how grandly an artist's work or an individual art piece evokes emotions/meanings to the brains of their audiences, in an attempt to we'd still have to factor in multiple variables for individual audience members -- age, genes, biases, etc. -- that would renderthe same conclusion: art is objectively meaningless and unrankable.

Therefore, imo, 1 McDonalds building = all of Iran's architecture combined.
>>
File: 1463446326257.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1463446326257.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>>1156294
DUDE LMAO ITS ALL TOTALLY SUBJECTIVE BRO U CANT HAVE PREFERENCES AND U CANT TRY TO CRITICISE ANYTHING EVER BECAUSE ITS JUST UR OPINION MAAAAAAAAAN
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.